Cleveland Guardians

Win at least one of the three with the White Sox and the Guardians pretty much control their fate. Take two and they should have it pretty well locked up. If they can sweep, start printing the playoff tix. :)

If they can clinch early and get their rotation set for the playoffs, they might be tough in the first round. I didn't realize until today that all three games will be at home, so taking two out of three from Seattle or Tampa would be reasonable.

If they can clinch early and get their rotation set for the playoffs, they might be tough in the first round. I didn't realize until today that all three games will be at home, so taking two out of three from Seattle or Tampa would be reasonable.
If they do clinch before those last two make-up games with KC are played would those games still be played? I can think of several instances where teams did not play the full season 162 games because the postponed games were meaningless in the final standings, including Cleveland as late as 2016.

If they do clinch before those last two make-up games with KC are played would those games still be played? I can think of several instances where teams did not play the full season 162 games because the postponed games were meaningless in the final standings, including Cleveland as late as 2016.

Are they makeup games? I thought they had completed all their rainout makeups at this point?

I know in the past, a meaningless makeup game at the end of the season would not end up being played. But I thought the final series with KC was something originally on the schedule.

Are they makeup games? I thought they had completed all their rainout makeups at this point?

I know in the past, a meaningless makeup game at the end of the season would not end up being played. But I thought the final series with KC was something originally on the schedule.
You are probably correct. I didn't even look at the original schedule. I just assumed a 6-game series to end the season was due to make-up games. What's that old saying about assuming? :)

Last edited:
That's odd - the schedule I pulled up says they were in spring training on those dates.

I don't know either, but I can't say I can ever remember a 6-game series to close the season being scheduled that didn't include make-up games. I'm not sure that I can remember a 6-game series ever being scheduled for that matter. :)

I guess we will find out soon enough.

I hope the Guardians don't play the Mariners. The Guard bats struggled with those crafty left handed starters the Mariners have and the Mariners feasted on McKenzie mistakes.

The final 3-game series is a makeup series from the first week of the season that had been canceled by the lockout. Yes, those games will be played regardless of standings.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

The final 3-game series is a makeup series from the first week of the season that had been canceled by the lockout. Yes, those games will be played regardless of standings.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

I don't know how I forgot about the lockout but I did. Thank you sir.

Just knew Clase couldn’t close out a game that really matters. He just screams Jose Mesa to me. Something about him just doesn’t seem clutch to me.

Guardians win! Still am concerned about Clase not being able to close playoff games, but it’s starting to look like he is going to get the chance to try. Guardians now own the season series tiebreaker, so Chicago has to finish a game ahead of Cleveland. That makes the five game lead actually six with only 14 games left. If the Guardiand just go 7-7 the White Sox have to win out.

Could there be any more of a contrast now between the Browns and Guardians coaching staffs? Tito and his guys are doing everything right with a ridiculously young team while Stefanski and his staff can't get out of their own way with an experienced roster.

Guardians win! Still am concerned about Clase not being able to close playoff games, but it’s starting to look like he is going to get the chance to try. Guardians now own the season series tiebreaker, so Chicago has to finish a game ahead of Cleveland. That makes the five game lead actually six with only 14 games left. If the Guardiand just go 7-7 the White Sox have to win out.
Having that tie-breaker also drops the Guardians' magic number to 9 does it not?

I worry about Clase a little bit also but it's not like they really hammered him last night. That big bouncer that dropped in the dead spot in the infield was a bad break for him & the Guards and set up the inning. Hell, the game could have or should have been over 4-3 in 9 innings. How can an ump be in perfect position and miss a call that badly?

No matter what happens from here on out you have to like the way this young team plays the game.

Nice W in Chicago and I hope the staff and players realizes that blood is in the water and finish off the White Sox with a series win.

With regards to Clase... I am worried that he may have been over used in the 2nd half of the season. I get that relief pitchers like to pitch often but his game appearances is the highest in the AL for any pitcher. That makes putting away the White Sox even more important so they can manage his arm the last week of the season.

Going forward a key player will be Myles Straw. Never really warmed up to him as his game should be old school get on base and do some damage but the guy has a knack for hitting first pitch easy fly balls to the outfield. If he can maintain plate discipline he will see a lot of grooved fastballs deeper in the count as most pitchers will not want to walk him then face a very disciplined Kwan to start the top of the order. His defense is also a big plus and what was once a huge liability for this team, outfield defense, has now become something of a strength though Gonzalez isn't reminding anyone of Roberto Clemente in RF.

Hey old man, how's tricks ?

Did this pisz you off as much as it did me ?

Just got out of a 6-day stay at the hospital because I had covid-pneaumonia. Still recovering. Have no energy whatsoever.

Just got out of a 6-day stay at the hospital because I had covid-pneaumonia. Still recovering. Have no energy whatsoever.
Well sh7t, that sucks. I am sorry to hear that. All except for the “out” - that is the good part.

Are you eating right ? That is one of the most important parts of getting strong again. Magnesium/Calcium/D/Zinc supplement with a large OJ, at least ?

How about that Kwan kid, huh ? I had just tapped the notification of your response when he homered for his third hit of the night. You must be good luck.

How about your Kari Lake out there ? She’s pretty solid on all points I have heard. You must like her for Gov