2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

I was finally able to make it out to see Madison for myself last night. What I saw on the field was night & day from last year. They scrimmaged Northwestern, who is a really bad football team. The Varsity for both teams only played 2 quarters, but Madison rolled them 26-0 in those 2 qtrs.
That's good. How many players did they get on the team? Fenwick plays Madison week 2, I believe.

Eaton 38

Preble Shawnee 7

Per another poster, Shawnee's starting QB did not play, and their best O-lineman went down early with a broken ankle. Thoughts and prayers go out to the young man.

That's good. How many players did they get on the team? Fenwick plays Madison week 2, I believe.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think somewhere in the 35-38 range. They had over 20+ kids become ineligible b/c of their Spring GPA.... or at least that was what was communicated last Thursday.

From what I was told VV did very well against Butler. The defensive line did well against the run. The QB sounds like he did a nice job from the pocket. I think they'll be ready for Shawnee in Week 1.

From what I was told VV did very well against Butler. The defensive line did well against the run. The QB sounds like he did a nice job from the pocket. I think they'll be ready for Shawnee in Week 1.
VV will win handedly. WHIO 7 better there week 2, Id like to see that MU game. Bet they meet up again in Playoffs

Agreed. I would certainly view them as two of the strongest teams in their region heading into the season.
The Dogs looked a little under the weather vs Brookville. I do know that Brumbaugh didn’t have many touches and he played defense. Brookville was typical Hetrick-ball. Nothing fancy. I felt that maybe the Dogs were trying to work out some issues and there were a couple of mental mistakes. Can’t have that vs View.

Sorry you feel this way, I have to disagree with your statement. I didn’t see you at the scrimmages on Saturday? Where was you at? And yes I know who you are. They have a lot of talent from a skill position and will compete with like wise schools. The Swbl is a tough conference for the small schools of Carlisle and Madison to compete in. The Indians realistically will be 5-5 this year. Odd enough to say Franklin and Monroe are two big schools and Carlisle kept both games last year to a one possession game. If your not happy with the program and direction of team then might want to leave and go back to Shawnee. Taking shots at the team and kids talking about talent is not going to go over well. I’m not a Carlisle grad I moved there and raised my family. But with that being said coach clod has done a really nice job in the amount of time he has been there. Might not like the offense at times but he is instilling more than football in our kids lives.
Did you just compare your team to an 0-10 Madison team? That is hilarious. Also this will be your Coach's final year at Carlisle. Nice enough guy but that is all.

Did you just compare your team to an 0-10 Madison team? That is hilarious. Also this will be your Coach's final year at Carlisle. Nice enough guy but that is all.
He may indeed be a nice guy..do not know about that either way..but he has not really succeeded anywhere win/loss wise. when he left Bcreek he told at least one creek player he was going to Bethel to win state championships...umm, nope! Does not mean he is a failure per se, but not much winning.

Madison and Carlisle are very similar in size. Madison had a down year last year at 0-10, They played a lot of freshmen and sophmores they will be improved this season. Clod is a nice guy and has good structure to his program. State titles now thats kind of funny. That won't happen but win a couple playoff games and teach the kids some values. Thats very much in perspective. A few years ago Carlisle was 0-10 as well Then clod changed the culture.

WEEK 1 MATCHUPS: very possible league could be 8-2 on week 1 or 7-3. bellbrook and tipp and monroe /talawanda are toss ups.

BROOKVILE @ TCN- BROOKVILLE 41-6
CARLISLE
VS TVS - CARLISLE 34-6
MADISON VS GREENVIEW - GREENVIEW 27-21
VALLEY VIEW
VS S SHAWNEE - VALLEY VIEW 28-20
WAYNESVILLE VS CLINTON MASSIE - MASSIE 49-0
BELLBROOK
@ TIPP CITY- BELLBROOK 21-20
FRANKLIN
VS FENWICK- FRANKLIN 28-10
MONROE
@ TALAWANDA - MONROE 23-21
OAKWOOD
VS MARIEMONT - OAKWOOD 21-16
EATON
VS GREENVILLE - EATON 28-17

Soon to be SWBL

EDGEWOOD @ MILFORD - MILFORD 24-16
ROSS
VS WILMINGTON - ROSS 22-13

BROOKVILE @ TCN
CARLISLE VS TVS
MADISON VS GREENVIEW
VALLEY VIEW
VS S SHAWNEE
WAYNESVILLE VS CLINTON MASSIE
BELLBROOK @ TIPP CITY
FRANKLIN
VS FENWICK
MONROE @ TALAWANDA
OAKWOOD
VS MARIEMONT
EATON VS GREENVILLE

Greeneview is going to roll over Madison. i don’t know why anyone thinks differently.
Madison returns a lot and was very young last year. Think they will be improved and will be in a lot more games this years than last. I know Greenview has a lot of returning players as well. Don't think Madison will win but they keep it closer than most will think.

Madison returns a lot and was very young last year. Think they will be improved and will be in a lot more games this years than last. I know Greenview has a lot of returning players as well. Don't think Madison will win but they keep it closer than most will think.
If it's true that Madison has 20 something ineligible players they are in big trouble. Few schools can absorb losing 20 players let alone a team coming off of an 0-10 season.

BROOKVILE @ TCN- I'll take Brookville by a lot, running clock
CARLISLE
VS TVS - Carlisle by a couple of scores
MADISON VS GREENVIEW - GREENVIEW wins going away, I'll be surprised if Madison wins more than a game or 2 this year
VALLEY VIEW
VS S SHAWNEE - VALLEY VIEW in a close one, giving them the home field advantage
WAYNESVILLE VS CLINTON MASSIE - MASSIE easy, running clock
BELLBROOK @ TIPP CITY- I'm going to take Tipp in this one, it'll be close but I'll give them the home field advantage as well.
FRANKLIN
VS FENWICK- I'll take Franklin but only because I think Fenwick is going to be bad. It will be closer than it should be.
MONROE
@ TALAWANDA - MONROE easy, running clock, not sure why Bucknuts thinks this will be a toss up
OAKWOOD
VS MARIEMONT - OAKWOOD in a close one, really just a homer pick since I know nothing about Mariemont
EATON
VS GREENVILLE - EATON by a couple of scores

Soon to be SWBL

EDGEWOOD @ MILFORD - MILFORD wins easy unless Edgewood is vastly improved since the first scrimmage
ROSS VS WILMINGTON - I'll take Wilmington. Ross has community issues and the loss of their starting QB the week before 2 a days started is going to hurt. I hope I'm wrong, I like Ross and Coach Cummins but I think they may struggle a bit this year.

CARLISLE
MADISON VS GREENVIEW - GREENVIEW wins going away, I'll be surprised if Madison wins more than a game or 2 this year
VALLEY VIEW
BELLBROOK @ TIPP CITY- I'm going to take Tipp in this one, it'll be close but I'll give them the home field advantage as well.
FRANKLIN
VS FENWICK- I'll take Franklin but only because I think Fenwick is going to be bad. It will be closer than it should be.
MONROE
@ TALAWANDA - MONROE easy, running clock, not sure why Bucknuts thinks this will be a toss up
OAKWOOD
VS MARIEMONT - OAKWOOD in a close one, really just a homer pick since I know nothing about Mariemont
EATON

Soon to be SWBL

EDGEWOOD @ MILFORD - MILFORD wins easy unless Edgewood is vastly improved since the first scrimmage
ROSS VS WILMINGTON - I'll take Wilmington. Ross has community issues and the loss of their starting QB the week before 2 a days started is going to hurt. I hope I'm wrong, I like Ross and Coach Cummins but I think they may struggle a bit this year.
What kind of community issues does Ross have?

CARLISLE
VALLEY VIEW
FRANKLIN
MONROE
OAKWOOD
EATON

Soon to be SWBL

Talawanda is going to be better this year offensively, the defense will be their key to success. A lot of hype on Monroe this year, but they lost some key linemen who are hard to replace. I will be Interested to see how they look. They have a good coach and solid numbers, to fill gaps. EJ is a stud but needs a line to help him out. I’m sure they have some kids to put in spots but week one anything could happen.

If it's true that Madison has 20 something ineligible players they are in big trouble. Few schools can absorb losing 20 players let alone a team coming off of an 0-10 season.
It is actually pushing 25 kids that are ineligible; however, only a few of those(1-2) played last year. With the new coach being in the building, he had done a lot of internal recruiting from what I was told. It doesn't change that it's a blow to their numbers, however. Those extra bodies would've been nice for the program. I'm not sure exactly when those players will be allowed to return(timing of the end of their 1Q), but apparently the football program's GPA requirement is different than the traditional requirement that's in place via the OHSAA. I was honestly impressed with them doing this. With numbers low already, to hold firm on your program's expectations of being a student first is wonderful.

Ross info is crazy that’s a lot of money to play sports, it will definitely have an impact on their athletics. Will be interesting how that shakes things out coming into Swbl for them.