Beto O'Rourke makes a Donkey out of himself

Beto O’Rourke Goes for Broke​

The Texas Democrat makes a show of politicizing the mass shooting in Uvalde.​

WSJ
By
The Editorial BoardFollow

May 25, 2022 6:39 pm ET

It isn’t easy for a Democrat to win statewide in Texas these days, and Beto O’Rourke already lost once to Sen. Ted Cruz. Now he’s running for Governor against incumbent Greg Abbott, and on Wednesday he gambled on a stunt that could make or break his campaign.

Gov. Abbott and a variety of state and local officials were holding a press conference to update the public on the Uvalde massacre at Robb Elementary School. It was a governing, not a campaign, event.

After Mr. Abbott had spoken for several minutes, Mr. O’Rourke interrupted to point a finger at the Governor and declare, “This is on you,” referring to the murder of 19 children and two teachers by 18-year-old Salvador Ramos. “You said this was not predictable. This is totally predictable when you choose not to do anything,” Mr. O’Rourke added. The Democrat was then asked to leave by other officials on the stage, with at least one uttering an epithet.
Trailing in the polls, Mr. O’Rourke must figure he had to take a risk on politicizing the murders even as emotions are raw and officials are still trying to figure out Ramos’s motivation. Mr. O’Rourke famously said during his short-lived 2020 presidential campaign that he wanted to ban AR-15 rifles. On Wednesday he got his sound bite. We’ll see if Texans agree that this mass murder was all about gun control.
The wanna be Latino is a piece of trash

So lets start here. For the left the NRA and the gun lobby are not going anywhere and for the right including myself neither is the abortion industry. Next subject?

Recent Beto O’Rourke quote on a conceal and carry gun control question a few days BEFORE the attack on the grade school. Abbott had signed a law that said you no longer need a permit to conceal and carry. You know, like the one that becomes law in Ohio in June.

”You know when she talks, you know, about folks who have guns who shouldn’t have guns let me just make this clear, this permitless carry bill that police officers and sheriffs deputies begged Greg Abbot not to sign because it would make their job that much more dangerous. He turned his back on them and signed it anyhow. And he signed despite being told that over the last five years 35,000 of our fellow Texans who applied for a license to carry and went through the background check were rejected because they have a violent criminal past. Because they have beaten a spouse. Because they are going to harm themselves or someone else in their life. And law enforcement stepped in and said that person should not be carrying a loaded gun in public. Well now all 35,000 of them are free to do so, as are the tens of thousands who knew better than to ever apply for for a license to carry because they knew they wouldn’t have passed the background check. They are now free to carry a gun on our streets and they are carrying guns on our streets. More cops are gunned down in the state of Texas than any other state, bar none. We have seen a predictable spike in gun violence in this state. More women are shot by their intimate partner in this state than almost any other state. Because we make it so easy for those who are violent against those they live with and work with to have these guns right now. Listen, I’m as Texan as the next person, four generations in this state, grew up with firearms in the house. My uncle Raymond was a jail captain, sheriff’s deputy, Sharpshooter Award, taught my sisters and me how to use a gun, but he taught us the responsibility of owning that firearm. You know Rhonda Hart, who’s here, she proposed to me when I first met her a safe storage law. Listen, we are going to defend your second amendment right. You need to have that gun for self defense if that’s what you feel, or to hunt or collection or sport. None of my business. But if you have kiddos in the house, or if you have someone who may be a danger to themselves or somebody else, you’re going to keep that firearm locked up. Your going to store that thing in a way that it cannot be used against any of us. I’ve listened to plenty of gun owners and non gun owners, Republican and Democrat. They agree with Rhonda. People agree with universal background checks. You want to own a gun, and you’re going to buy it in this state, we need to make sure you are not going to hurt somebody with it. It would have prevented the mass shooting in Midland and Odessa. Guy went to a federally licensed firearms dealer, tried to buy an AR -15, wouldn’t sell it to him cause he couldn’t pass the background check. But because we don’t have a universal background check in Texas. He could buy that same gun from a private seller out of the trunk of his car and then go use it to kill people in his community. We can do better. We can defend the second amendment and protect the lives of our fellow Texans. And when we win this that is exactly what we are going to do.”

If you will read this objectively, and in it’s entirety, I think you would have to agree that he makes a lot of sense. You can support the second amendment and support gun control.
No you can't. Beto already went on record he's coming for the guns...now he's going to protect your 2A rights ?

To buy a gun you have to go through a background check so those 35k still couldn't get a gun legally.

Beto O’Rourke Goes for Broke​

The Texas Democrat makes a show of politicizing the mass shooting in Uvalde.​

WSJ
By
The Editorial BoardFollow

May 25, 2022 6:39 pm ET

It isn’t easy for a Democrat to win statewide in Texas these days, and Beto O’Rourke already lost once to Sen. Ted Cruz. Now he’s running for Governor against incumbent Greg Abbott, and on Wednesday he gambled on a stunt that could make or break his campaign.

Gov. Abbott and a variety of state and local officials were holding a press conference to update the public on the Uvalde massacre at Robb Elementary School. It was a governing, not a campaign, event.

After Mr. Abbott had spoken for several minutes, Mr. O’Rourke interrupted to point a finger at the Governor and declare, “This is on you,” referring to the murder of 19 children and two teachers by 18-year-old Salvador Ramos. “You said this was not predictable. This is totally predictable when you choose not to do anything,” Mr. O’Rourke added. The Democrat was then asked to leave by other officials on the stage, with at least one uttering an epithet.
Trailing in the polls, Mr. O’Rourke must figure he had to take a risk on politicizing the murders even as emotions are raw and officials are still trying to figure out Ramos’s motivation. Mr. O’Rourke famously said during his short-lived 2020 presidential campaign that he wanted to ban AR-15 rifles. On Wednesday he got his sound bite. We’ll see if Texans agree that this mass murder was all about gun control.
That is fair. Certainly Abbott should be called to task publicly for his position on gun control.

Obama slammed as tone-deaf for linking Uvalde massacre to George Floyd​

NEW YORK POST:

Former President Barack Obama was hammered for what critics say was a tone-deaf post linking the deadly school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, to the two-year anniversary of George Floyd’s murder.

The former president shared the message on Twitter Wednesday in the wake of the massacre at Robb Elementary School that killed 19 children and two fourth-grade teachers.

“As we grieve the children of Uvalde today, we should take time to recognize that two years have passed since the murder of George Floyd under the knee of a police officer.” Obama tweeted. “His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him.”

As authorities in Texas were identifying the victims of the slaughter and reckoning with its aftermath, some critics slammed Obama for also invoking the death of Floyd, who was murdered by Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin during an arrest on May 25, 2020.

Obama slammed as tone-deaf for linking Uvalde massacre to George Floyd​

NEW YORK POST:

Former President Barack Obama was hammered for what critics say was a tone-deaf post linking the deadly school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, to the two-year anniversary of George Floyd’s murder.

The former president shared the message on Twitter Wednesday in the wake of the massacre at Robb Elementary School that killed 19 children and two fourth-grade teachers.

“As we grieve the children of Uvalde today, we should take time to recognize that two years have passed since the murder of George Floyd under the knee of a police officer.” Obama tweeted. “His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him.”

As authorities in Texas were identifying the victims of the slaughter and reckoning with its aftermath, some critics slammed Obama for also invoking the death of Floyd, who was murdered by Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin during an arrest on May 25, 2020.
Tone deaf....

Beto O'Rourke and Ted Cruz in a room together during a crisis. How proud the state of Texas must be with such great leadership.☹️
1653614208082.png

Except for those who conveniently circumvent the background check system by purchasing their firearm online or at a gun show. ?‍♂️
Why do you need a background check to exercise a Constitutional right?

How can you seriously support a phony piece of chit like Cruz? Good God.
Well, I know nothing about what happened at that press conference except I saw Cruz hugging a grieving man and I saw the furry pull a political stunt. I think one of those was despicable and the other virtuous - in that one context. What do you think?

You clearly don't know how it works. You see when leftists hate someone, it's a good indication of someone who is getting under their skin and frustrating them. He isn't my favorite politician. TBH, I find him kinda Magoo, but your hatred tells me he is doing God's work. Lol

You guys hate a lot of people and I'm supposed to love everyone. You help me do that better than I would otherwise. Thanks!

Last edited:
at least he didn't jump in a golf cart 3 minutes after giving a speech about a American that got his head chopped off in the middle east... so he could make his T-time.... or the same dude who headed to Vegas, the next morning after 4 Americans got murdered in Bengahzi.... for a fund raiser.......
Ya beat me to it.

Well, I know nothing about what happened at that press conference except I saw Cruz hugging a grieving man and I saw the furry pull a political stunt. I think one of those was despicable and the other virtuous - in that one context. What do you think?

You clearly don't know how it works. You see when leftists hate someone, it's a good indication of someone who is getting under their skin and frustrating them. He isn't my favorite politician. TBH, I find him kinda Magoo, but your hatred tells me he is doing God's work. Lol

You guys hate a lot of people and I'm supposed to love everyone. You help me do that better than I would otherwise. Thanks!
O'Rourke and Cruz are both low life politicians. Don't miss a good photo op to try and make it about themselves. They both do a lot of finger pointing but what is their solution to the problem? Interrupt a press conference for a national tragedy? Thoughts and prayers and throw in a little hug for the camera's? Yeah, that helps a lot.

Recent poll out today.
81% of the American people support universal background checks
63% support ban on assault rifles
64% support banning large capacity ammo clips

But 50 Republican Senators know better. They are supposed to represent us. They took the money instead.
Can you please explain what an assault rifle is for the audience?