2022 EBC Baseball thread

Looks like this could be anyone’s sectional/district with the EBC teams, Louisville
and the other teams that are in this bracket. It appears anyone could win. Good stuff and best of luck to everyone. I did hear that the Morley kid, from Louisville, might be getting shut down because of a lingering back/shoulder issue from earlier in the year that is not getting any better. If I recall, he was second team All District last year and is hitting like .370 this year, nice player.

Salem 17
WB 10

...but WB is protesting the game over an alleged ineligible player.
The ineligible player was a JV pitcher that came in for an inning but pitched yesterday so he could possibly be "ineligible". I heard he threw 37 and the pitch cap to have no rest is 35. So take that with how you want.

Thursday 5/12
Alliance 6
Minerva 5

Alliance finishes the EBC Campaign at 5-7. Plenty of ball left to play with non-league games and tournament time. Alliance will play Home against Nordonia on Tuesday.

Thursday 5/12
Alliance 6
Minerva 5
Alliance finishes the EBC Campaign at 5-7. Plenty of ball left to play with non-league games and tournament time. Alliance will play Home against Nordonia on Tuesday.
Seems like Alliance had a good finish and has some momentum for the tournament. I stayed in town and watched the JV game but heard Minerva had 1 bad inning which seems to be the theme for the Lions this year. Hope they can represent the EBC well and get a tournament win at River View tomorrow.

Seems like Alliance had a good finish and has some momentum for the tournament. I stayed in town and watched the JV game but heard Minerva had 1 bad inning which seems to be the theme for the Lions this year. Hope they can represent the EBC well and get a tournament win at River View tomorrow.
From what I have seen, Minerva has been playing a lot better ball recently.

So Marlington won the league, Salem was second, West Branch, South and Carrollton tie for third. Pretty much what everyone expected in terms of finishes but way closer than what people thought it would be. Great year for the league with the exception of Minerva

The ineligible player was a JV pitcher that came in for an inning but pitched yesterday so he could possibly be "ineligible". I heard he threw 37 and the pitch cap to have no rest is 35. So take that with how you want.
From what i heard, he threw over 40 pitches the day before. The OHSAA rule allows you to throw back to back days if you throw less than 30 pitches the first day.

Final League Standings

Marlington 10-2
Salem 7-5
West Branch 7-5
Canton South 6-6
Carrollton 6-6
Alliance 5-7
Minerva 1-11

Final League Standings

Marlington 10-2
Salem 7-5
West Branch 7-5
Canton South 6-6
Carrollton 6-6
Alliance 5-7
Minerva 1-11
Minerva lost tournament game to River View 12-8. I heard it was a great game but river view had a big inning in bottom 6 and scored 5 or 6 runs. The Lions played a clean game but River View hit the ball very well. There was over an hour rain delay but enemy got it in..

From what I have seen, Minerva has been playing a lot better ball recently.
They improved defensively as the season went on. They were in most games and competitive. Didn’t hit that well, going to lose some good pitchers but Smith, Rich, Common and Frasier all come back, all are infield starters and pitched some. From what I saw they all can hold their own. Hopefully they can improve in the win column. I really like both the varsity and jv coaches.

So Marlington won the league, Salem was second, West Branch, South and Carrollton tie for third. Pretty much what everyone expected in terms of finishes but way closer than what people thought it would be. Great year for the league with the exception of Minerva
Absolutely yes.

From what i heard, he threw over 40 pitches the day before. The OHSAA rule allows you to throw back to back days if you throw less than 30 pitches the first day.
37-40, whatever. At the end of the day he is a JV pitcher for a reason. We should have teed off on him and this wouldn't have been a problem.

Pretty much finished as expected. Hopefully some EBC teams can make a run in the tournament..

West Branch wasn’t all that good anyway. Salem gave them a charity win on their senior night and pitched some backup jv pitcher and still won 17-10. West branch should be embarrassed by their inabilities in the playoffs. Regular season team is what they’re called

I think Salem beats Lousiville if that Rhodes cat is pitching. By far the best player I’ve watched in the league. Didn’t see him on first or second team? Injury, ineligibility, transfer? Either way if Rhodes somehow finds his way back on the field Salem can make some noise. My Dukes definitely have the depth to hang with anyone, though.

My final power rankings for EBC was
Marlington
Salem
Allliance
Canton South
Minerva
Carrollton
West Branch

Excited to see if Rhodes will play and what his reason for MIA is and hoping for a Salem v Marlington rematch. The real reps of the EBC.

Last edited:
West Branch wasn’t all that good anyway. Salem gave them a charity win on their senior night and pitched some backup jv pitcher and still won 17-10. West branch should be embarrassed by their inabilities in the playoffs. Regular season team is what they’re called
We did overpreform this year, I will say.

I think Salem beats Lousiville if that Rhodes cat is pitching. By far the best player I’ve watched in the league. Didn’t see him on first or second team? Injury, ineligibility, transfer? Either way if Rhodes somehow finds his way back on the field Salem can make some noise. My Dukes definitely have the depth to hang with anyone, though.

My final power rankings for EBC was
Marlington
Salem
Allliance
Canton South
Minerva
Carrollton
West Branch

Excited to see if Rhodes will play and what his reason for MIA is and hoping for a Salem v Marlington rematch. The real reps of the EBC.
My Warriors are easily the 3rd/4th best team in the EBC. Are you on drugs?