Division II Sweet 16

We have it on our site but figured to post it here as well to see if any conversation wants to be done on Division II.

DII Barberton Regional Semifinals – March 1st @ Barberton H.S.
Norton 36, Beloit West Branch 31
Salem 33, Canal Fulton Northwest 26

Regional Final – March 4th – @ Barberton H.S.
Norton vs Salem, 7:00pm
==========================================================
DII Zanesville Regional Semifinals – March 1st @ Zanesville H.S.
Thornville Sheridan 41, New Concord John Glenn 40
Vincent Warren 43, Dresden Tri-Valley 42

Regional Final – March 4th – @ Zanesville H.S.
Thornville Sheridan vs Vincent Warren, 7:00pm
DII State Semifinal Game #1 – March 10th – @ UD Arena
Barberton Regional vs Zanesville Regional, 6:00pm
DII Mansfield Regional Semifinals – March 1st @ Mansfield Senior H.S.
Columbus Bishop Hartley 47, Toledo Central Catholic 45
Shelby 35, Copley 33

Regional Final – March 4th – @ Mansfield Senior H.S.
Columbus Bishop Hartley vs Shelby, 7:00pm
DII Springfield Regional Semifinals – March 1st @ Springfield H.S.
Kettering Archbishop Alter 39, Granville 36
Hamilton Badin 51, Eaton 44

Regional Final – March 4th @ Springfield H.S.
Kettering Archbishop Alter vs Hamilton Badin, 7:00pm
DII State Semifinal Game #2 – March 10th – @ UD Arena
Springfield Regional vs Mansfield Regional, 8:00pm
DII State Championship Game – March 12th – @ UD Arena
Barberton/Zanesville winner vs Mansfield/Springfield winner, 2:00pm

Our site is a work in progress as it's just a couple of coaches that try and bring more attention to programs in general. There are plenty of recruiting and prospect coverage, but there isn't an accurate site for standings, scores, and schedules. Everyone doesn't use Maxpreps so it's not entirely accurate. We would eventually start adding history of these programs on the site too like program wins, conference championships, district titles, regional titles, etc.

Like I said, here is our site but it's a constant work in progress - www.ohiohoopnews.com

If you would like to contribute in any way possible, feel free to contact us at ohiohoopnews@gmail.com or message me on here.

Last edited:

Some really good looking matchups.

I’m really anxious to see how the Granville / Alter and Hartley / TCC games turn out.

Honestly all the games look like good matchups. Best of luck to all of the ladies going forward.

If arch-rivals Salem and West Branch win tomorrow, they will play for a trip to Columbus. That would be interesting.
Interesting that they are in 2 separate districts. Rivals Shelby and Clear Fork just played for the Ashland district championship on Saturday. What a great game that was.
274919568_1375451332900350_1505291485319301610_n.jpg

If arch-rivals Salem and West Branch win tomorrow, they will play for a trip to Columbus. That would be interesting.
It would definitely be interesting. West Branch beat highly ranked Marlington, and Salem beat WB the last time they played. The EBC was very strong this year. I'm just wondering how good Norton and CF Northwest are. Anybody have info on them?

Zanesville Regional Division II
John Glenn - 40
Sheridan - 41
Generals win MVL Showdown with Muskies

Warren Local - 43
Tri-Valley - 42

Last edited:
This division is totally up for grabs. Thought Shelby was the favorite but they barely got by an underwhelming Copley. Give me Norton over Salem tonight, two teams that play very similar games....should be a good one, but I like Norton's experience. Also...Salem got some very fortunate officiating in their win on CF NW - we'll see if they get those benefits this time around....

This division is totally up for grabs. Thought Shelby was the favorite but they barely got by an underwhelming Copley. Give me Norton over Salem tonight, two teams that play very similar games....should be a good one, but I like Norton's experience. Also...Salem got some very fortunate officiating in their win on CF NW - we'll see if they get those benefits this time around....
That Copley team was underrated imo. Throw the regular season out the window, they played a great game. That being said, Shelby didn't play their best game and still won it, albeit at the last minute.

I'm obviously biased but I still think Shelby is the team to beat.

I think it will be Salem/Sheridan and Alter/Shelby, with Sheridan and Alter on a collision course to meet in the final.

Retweet lol

What a game between Norton and Sheridan...triple OT...Norton thought they won it on a buzzer beater only to have it waived off (correctly)....have to think Alter is the favorite in the finals!

That was a great game but Alter is prohibitive favorite in my mind. I wasn't surprised at all by their semi-final beatdown.

Also, I've seen some video with the ball being released on that buzzer beater pretty much simultaneously as buzzer went off. Hard to believe they overturned the call after looking at it for like 2 seconds (much respect, Big Ten refs would have looked at it for an hour). It was a fantastic basketball game for sure.

What a game between Norton and Sheridan...triple OT...Norton thought they won it on a buzzer beater only to have it waived off (correctly)....have to think Alter is the favorite in the finals!
No personal stake in this game. Wife works in Norton and has many friends in Norton. Followed this a bit and its blowing up on my social media. Seen several pics of that buzzer shot. What is the connection between the clock on the scoreboard and the LED on the backboard, are they synched? I've seen two convincing images, one shows the clock hanging above the arena with .1 left and the ball clearly out of the shooters hand. The other is a video that I watched frame by frame which clearly shows the ball in the shooters had while the LED's on the backboard are illuminated. Where is the official time generated from? Is the scoreboard clock close to official time but just for show?