Region 20 Final: #3 Preble Shawnee v. #5 Versailles

I'm not sure how anyone can tell anything from that video tbh.
This is laughable like anyone who watched that clip could say yeah his elbow was down the official was literally looking right at it. And it was on Shawnee’s side so no RB person could say that he was down either.

Congrats from Madison to the Arrows. That is so awesome for your community and the school. Madison had their day in the sun in 17 and 18, it's a special moment that brings a community together. Enjoy every second of it and win the next one and shock the world!

Twitch was blocked for the PS vs RB game so unfortunately no live stream of it. I will breakdown the game for you really quick.

RB was by far the more talented team. They just didn't execute. PS had a ton of heart and it showed and well coached. RB had success early when they had the bigger back in and never went back to it. They looked lost for the most part on offense and the only constant was that they had success throwing the ball. They didn't take any big shots. Everything was just short passes and then they would try mid range passes when they got behind the chains. PS did a great job of stopping the run. They just sat in cover 3 all night and RB looked as if they didn't know how to attack it. On defense, PS is all QB/RB. You take those two out, especially the QB who is really quick and it's over. It looked like PS was really banged up as well, but boy do those boys just keep coming back. They had zero passing game besides a double pass that went for a TD. My opinion from the stands was that RB gave that game to PS and some poor officiating didn't help, but you should never leave it in their hands. The first touchdown for PS was not a touchdown as the kid was down. You can find it online on twitter I believe. It was on either channel 5 or 19's sports guys page. RB's kickoff lead to some terrible field position for them and then they had a punt of like 8 yards that didn't help either. Either way, PS is a well coached, tough team who is very banged up now and will fight until the end. They wanted to win more, stuck to what was working on offense and defense and deserved to win that game. It will be a hard fought game against Versailles, but I think they are too much for PS to handle after this past week.
I said the same in another thread. Congratulations to Shawnee because they earned it and took it. With that being said, Bacon’s coaches should be ashamed of themselves. Yearly, they are finding ways to waste top shelf talent.

My experience with Versailles it's when Milton was in the SRC with them prior to rejoining the SWBL. Those were the Hertrick years and they were a machine.
From 1982-2000, Milton beat Versailles 2 times, 1982 and 1990.
Both were very close games. That program seems to have found their swagger again and that means they will be very tough. Shawnee will have to play their best game of the year to stand a chance, IMHO.
Versailles will make few, if any, mistakes and they will play defense at light speed. These kids are well coached and they are disciplined. I think if Shawnee can force Versailles out of their comfort zone and control the line of scrimmage, they will be in this game. If the Tigers pass with effectiveness and are able to force Shawnee to pass, it's game over.
Good luck to the Arrows.

Congrats from Madison to the Arrows. That is so awesome for your community and the school. Madison had their day in the sun in 17 and 18, it's a special moment that brings a community together. Enjoy every second of it and win the next one and shock the world!
This game reminds me of that first round matchup between Madison and Anna in 17. Nobody gave you guys a shot, but this is why the games are played

My experience with Versailles it's when Milton was in the SRC with them prior to rejoining the SWBL. Those were the Hertrick years and they were a machine.
From 1982-2000, Milton beat Versailles 2 times, 1982 and 1990.
Both were very close games. That program seems to have found their swagger again and that means they will be very tough. Shawnee will have to play their best game of the year to stand a chance, IMHO.
Versailles will make few, if any, mistakes and they will play defense at light speed. These kids are well coached and they are disciplined. I think if Shawnee can force Versailles out of their comfort zone and control the line of scrimmage, they will be in this game. If the Tigers pass with effectiveness and are able to force Shawnee to pass, it's game over.
Good luck to the Arrows.
Agreed ?. If Versailles shuts down the run it’s over. Shawnee can’t have 4 turnovers again and expect to win this. They have to be able to get the fullback going. I worry about the passing game of Versailles because Bacon had no problem striking quickly with the receivers. Super excited for Saturday night!

This is laughable like anyone who watched that clip could say yeah his elbow was down the official was literally looking right at it. And it was on Shawnee’s side so no RB person could say that he was down either.
I was sitting at the 50 yard line on Shawnee’s side and every fan who was right there certainly thought he was down, the side judge certainly had the best view and they saw something different.

At the end of the day the game was not decided on that play. So Bacon fans should stop crying over that one

I was sitting at the 50 yard line on Shawnee’s side and every fan who was right there certainly thought he was down, the side judge certainly had the best view and they saw something different.

At the end of the day the game was not decided on that play. So Bacon fans should stop crying over that one
For those of us who were not there we need to know one important aspect. Was the official overweight? The more overweight/obese the worse he is.

If he was fit then I have to concur with the call.

With all do respect. It was a seven point play, so yes the game was decided on that play. If it wasn't a touchdown, then I would agree with you. haha Throw in the fact that I was told on their two point conversion that they didn't have enough men on line of scrimmage. That is two mistakes by the zebras. Oh well, they are human. I just hope that the running back for PS is healthy because he is an animal.

Why doesn't PS use 77 on the offensive line? That kid is also huge and looked as if he was ready to chew someone's head off.

With all do respect. It was a seven point play, so yes the game was decided on that play. If it wasn't a touchdown, then I would agree with you. haha Throw in the fact that I was told on their two point conversion that they didn't have enough men on line of scrimmage. That is two mistakes by the zebras. Oh well, they are human. I just hope that the running back for PS is healthy because he is an animal.

Why doesn't PS use 77 on the offensive line? That kid is also huge and looked as if he was ready to chew someone's head off.
My god the bellyache doesn’t stop for you does it.

Watched the game vs Taft on YouTube, Versailles is balanced on offense. Very very tough to run on. Bacon had a rough go trying to run inside on Shawnee. But had more success in the passing game.
what did you put in to find it on youtube?

I do not think we are crying. Sorry if it comes off that way! We lost that game because of coaching and it is clear to see from the stands.

Now did that botched call have an impact? You bet it did. I spoke with a couple of Shawnee fans who said they were at the gate when it happened walking out and they even said he was down. It is not being stated to take away the win that those guys earned so maybe you should stop getting your wad in a bunch about our perspective and be happy Bacon has horrible coaches ? (joking)

Shawnee played a solid game and did a great job of putting their kids in positions to make plays as opposed to Bacon who did not.

Aside from that, if Shawnee turns the ball over 5 times against Versailles, it will be a running clock. I am in disbelief still that Bacon could not find a way to capitalize from that. The circus continues.

I'm not sure how anyone can tell anything from that video tbh.
Here’s a good picture a friend who coaches sent me a little bit ago, elbow isn’t down at all.

Attachments

• 43B5654B-72CC-43D8-A76C-DBE48D3DD88F.jpeg
    43B5654B-72CC-43D8-A76C-DBE48D3DD88F.jpeg
    288.4 KB · Views: 63
Great picture Greg Brady.

He is not down, nor is he losing the ball.

Without the subsequent pictures then, well, That picture proves, and disproves, absolutely nothing. You might as well show him with the ball while running.
Lost the ball what are you talking about

What am I missing? He has the ball and is not down yet. Does not mean he cannot lose the ball before he is ruled down.
The issue was never that it was thought that he lost the ball at some point, rather it was believed by the Bacon fans that his elbow hit the turf marking him down.

The issue was never that it was thought that he lost the ball at some point, rather it was believed by the Bacon fans that his elbow hit the turf marking him down.
L.O.L. Voice is being extremely sarcastic as always. One frame of a picture can’t tell a story is what he is saying.

Shawnee fans we talked to after the game that were on the fence on the near sideline:

“He landed on his own head and shoulders then stopped.”

L.O.L. Voice is being extremely sarcastic as always. One frame of a picture can’t tell a story is what he is saying.

Shawnee fans we talked to after the game that were on the fence on the near sideline:

Really, I am not. I guess I dont understand what is going on to intelligently speak on it, but that has not stopped me before.

All I see is a ball carrier, with the ball, and not down.

You posted the video take a screenshot of his head/shoulder on the ground.

from this picture is alone, he is certainly not down. the Elbow argument is not valid. i am curious about what happened after that photo.

Did Crockett get injured?