Week 8 Fort Loramie vs Sidney

Redskin Man

This should be a fun matchup in the battle of Shelby County! Also big time computer points on the line for the Skins hopefully they can finally break thru with a W.

Posted on MVL thread and will post here.

On paper Sidney has speed advantage and physicality advantage. Sidney's D is actually decent this year and most physical it has been for a while. Sidney has trouble on offense against bigger teams like Piqua and Troy getting ball to playmakers hands but I think they'll be able to do that against Loramie and should get offense moving like against Greenville or West Carrollton.

But they can totally lose. Loramie's played a bunch of close games and is a good throwing team. Good coach. I have to think it'll be like a Super Bowl for Loramie too. First home game in a month after traveling all over, senior night, playing a bigger school. That would all be true even if they were playing St. Mary's or Celina or somebody but even more true when the bigger school is Sidney. Plus Loramie has talent. Good QB and one really good receiver. They can throw.

As far as Sidney's players I don't know if they take it seriously at all. Comparing to basketball, Sidney players don't care about nonconference games at all, treat them like scrimmages. Playing a D7 school on the road on Homecoming may seem lame to players. Doubt they care it's Ft. Loramie. If they're sloppy and start hiking the ball over QB's head, getting penalties, fumbling trying to do too much and make more of a dead play, they could be in real trouble. Loramie's good enough to take advantage of that stuff. Won't be surprised at all if Loramie wins.

Oh and this game should never have been agreed to be played at Loramie's little stadium, should be at Sidney. How much ticket sales are the schools costing playing at a stadium that seats 2500 compared to one that seats 8000? Playing at Loramie on Homecoming, I don't think Sidney people will ever forget that.

I believe the main reason is the Skins have played only 2 home games all year and this will be there 3rd and final kids deserve to play in front of there home fans more than twice in a year

This is huge for FL. They would have had to beat Lucas or LCC to have a shot at the playoffs. I believe that Sidney is a better matchup for them than Lucas was, not to mention it's at home. So this seems like a much better scenario for FL to make a late playoff push.

I get where you're coming from but IMO Sidney kids deserve to play in front of their home fans on Homecoming and shouldn't be going to a D7 county school that week. And wouldn't Loramie basically be playing in front of their home fans in Sidney? It's what a 25 minute drive? I'm sure Loramie would have well over 1000 people.

Good luck Friday and enjoy it. I won't be surprised if your boys win.

I understand from Sidney’s standpoint because we had to travel 2 and a half hours for our homecoming game. So understand the frustration but happy we were able to make this work because we could use these points desperately if we are able to find a way to win

Loramie played 10 miles east of Indianapolis on Homecoming weekend. At least you aren't doing that.

Convenient providing a "they didn't care excuse" in case of a loss three days in advance.....

I get where you're coming from but IMO Sidney kids deserve to play in front of their home fans on Homecoming and shouldn't be going to a D7 county school that week. And wouldn't Loramie basically be playing in front of their home fans in Sidney? It's what a 25 minute drive? I'm sure Loramie would have well over 1000 people.

Good luck Friday and enjoy it. I won't be surprised if your boys win.
about how many Sidney fans show up for home games?

so i have heard from Covington and Milton Union fans that Loramie was asked to join the new league and that they were turned it down because they wanted to just join for FB and not the other sports.... is that true?

Maybe for football until we can find a league but would have been a terrible decision for all other sports in my opinion
i have a idea that it probably would have, but what are your thoughts on why it would have been bad for the other sports

Loramie played 10 miles east of Indianapolis on Homecoming weekend. At least you aren't doing that.

Convenient providing a "they didn't care excuse" in case of a loss three days in advance.....
Oh give me a break. It's called being realistic, not making an excuse. I've watched them for years and have seen the difference in attitude many times. It's seemingly only grown more apparent since the MVL formed and they started playing more league games. For most sports non-league games are treated like scrimmages.

Funny, most of the Loramie people I ever talk to only ever brag about how they're God's gift to sports and how terrible Sidney is (not just the school sports, but the school itself and the town, which is funny since I see Loramie bumper stickers in town all the time, guess the IGA and Bruckens just don't cut it). Aren't you all expecting to win? Very well could be 5-2 instead of 2-5, right? Enjoy puffing your chests out even more. You're great, we suck, I get it. Heard it for decades.

about how many Sidney fans show up for home games?
Home stands usually 2/3 -3/4 full, so about 2,500 (home side seats 4,000). I've been to two games this year. Home opener against Greenville was a surprisingly small crowd (guessing 0-2 start may have had something to do with it), Piqua game was packed.

Because Loramie has tremendous rivalries with most other SCAL schools. These rivalries tie these communities together like they never would with the other schools mentioned. Plus their gate money would suffer considerably, IMO.
wouldn't you think that the gate , for football is hurting right now? and couldn't they play some non conference Basketball games with the other shelby county teams?

and if it would, no way is the MAC going to go along with them just joining for football,
There would be no way that happens. All or nothing. Unfortunately there's no room right now but when the time is right, I'd love to see them and Anna join in all sports. I think I've beaten that dead horse enough!

if nobody leaves the MAC, i just don't see it happening....

and if it would, no way is the MAC going to go along with them just joining for football,
I wouldn’t have a problem with it. The MAC invited Anna to join to fill a void, and if a football-playing member left I would love to see Loramie in as a football-only member. I don’t get why so many are angered that Anna is in for only football - they’ve been a great addition to our league.

wouldn't you think that the gate , for football is hurting right now? and couldn't they play some non conference Basketball games with the other shelby county teams?
Sure the gate is hurting, and hopefully it’s temporary. And yes, they could play Russia in non-conference action, but they already play a lot of local schools, so someone would have to go.

Why is that?
Natural rivalries in the SCL, competition is very strong in most sports,community ties, gates in all sports is very good in the SCL football is struggling right now but it’s only one sport. Ultimately I believe we will be in the MAC in all sports in the near future just not sure when that time will come.

Sure the gate is hurting, and hopefully it’s temporary. And yes, they could play Russia in non-conference action, but they already play a lot of local schools, so someone would have to go.
i heard that before the season started that the away football games totaled over a 1,000 miles worth of traveling, that is tough, just a feeling that playing dayton dunbar at home would not bring the fan support of a Covington or Milton Union....

Natural rivalries in the SCL, competition is very strong in most sports,community ties, gates in all sports is very good in the SCL football is struggling right now but it’s only one sport. Ultimately I believe we will be in the MAC in all sports in the near future just not sure when that time will come.
may I ask what makes you think that you will be in the MAC in the near future?