Beacons of light and closing/consolidating of parishes

Well, Lets see. You named one out of maybe a 500 churches. That's overwhelming evidence to contradict my statement. One family? Wow.
what I have said. I live in the Land of the Cross Tipped churches...not a railing to be seen.

Well I'm not sure where that is exactly, but what church removed the rail? Every church I can think of pre-Vatican II still has them. I'm really confused.

The church should certainly adapt to birth control. That is one of the craziest failures to adapt to the real world today.

We are also going to have to have women priests one day soon or we are not going to have a church.
Again...continue to bend to society and you won't have a need for a church. "the real world today"...I guess because it's "today" we should accept sex outside of marriage? Explain that please. We should accept and ok not following the 6th commandment? Because?

Well I'm not sure where that is exactly, but what church removed the rail? Every church I can think of pre-Vatican II still has them. I'm really confused.
What church removed the rail? I haven't been in a church in 10 years with a communion rail. If you don't know where the land of the Cross Tipped churches are, you aren't very involved in your faith.

What church removed the rail? I haven't been in a church in 10 years with a communion rail. If you don't know where the land of the Cross Tipped churches are, you aren't very involved in your faith.
Every church pre vatican 2 ? what does that mean?
Oh my word, what world are you in. Every church that was built before Vatican 2 still has communion rails that I have been in. They may not be used, but they are there. I don't have the slightest clue where the "land of the cross tipped churches is" but have been a devout Catholic in the Cincy area my whole live. In the Cincy area, all the old churches still have them.

Please keep in mind that adopting societal standards is not always for the best. The terrible handling of the priest sex issue was consistent with the way society dealt with those issues at that time. Public schools, the BSA, youth athletic programs and society in general treated pedophiles by taking the perps out of that community, maybe requiring some therapy and then turning them out into a different community, hoping for the best. Thank God we no longer do that.

Oh my word, what world are you in. Every church that was built before Vatican 2 still has communion rails that I have been in. They may not be used, but they are there. I don't have the slightest clue where the "land of the cross tipped churches is" but have been a devout Catholic in the Cincy area my whole live. In the Cincy area, all the old churches still have them.
You, my friend aren't very smart. Come on down to Mercer, Auglaize, Shelby, Putnam county and see if you can find a communion rail.

You, my friend aren't very smart. Come on down to Mercer, Auglaize, Shelby, Putnam county and see if you can find a communion rail.
How Catholic of you to call me not smart. That's the 2nd time you have called someone a name on here. And you wonder the Church has fallen on hard times. It's the hypocrisy of "practice what I say, not what I do." It's also the attitudes of people like yourself acting like they are above everyone else while putting them down..... .in the name of Christ of course.

Please forgive me for not being very familiar with Mercer, Auglaize, Shelby, and Putnam counties. I've only driven through 2 of them. My bad.

On another note, I do encourage you to come down to Cincy and see how many communion rails we have, especially on the west side. There are more than a few.

How Catholic of you to call me not smart. That's the 2nd time you have called someone a name on here. And you wonder the Church has fallen on hard times. It's the hypocrisy of "practice what I say, not what I do." It's also the attitudes of people like yourself acting like they are above everyone else while putting them down..... .in the name of Christ of course.

Please forgive me for not being very familiar with Mercer, Auglaize, Shelby, and Putnam counties. I've only driven through 2 of them. My bad.

On another note, I do encourage you to come down to Cincy and see how many communion rails we have, especially on the west side. There are more than a few.
You can have all of the communion rails you like. If you don't use them they are as useless as the clamps attached to your pew to hold a hat.

Again...continue to bend to society and you won't have a need for a church. "the real world today"...I guess because it's "today" we should accept sex outside of marriage? Explain that please. We should accept and ok not following the 6th commandment? Because?

I don't have the answer for how to interpret the sixth commandment. But I know fallible men and women have been wrong about sex for centuries and people stifling natural human activity or trying to because of guilt has been extremely harmful to society and individuals. Here is a newsflash for you: This commandment was NEVER widely followed. Never, ever, throughout history. Human sexuality is a tremendous weak spot for the church. In fact, the church really ought to stay the hell out of it unless they want to start policing abusive priests for once.

I don't have the answer for how to interpret the sixth commandment. But I know fallible men and women have been wrong about sex for centuries and people stifling natural human activity or trying to because of guilt has been extremely harmful to society and individuals. Here is a newsflash for you: This commandment was NEVER widely followed. Never, ever, throughout history. Human sexuality is a tremendous weak spot for the church. In fact, the church really ought to stay the hell out of it unless they want to start policing abusive priests for once.
So, lets do away with the commandment then. Who do we talk to about that? Our priest? archbishop? Pope?

AC...huge waste of money.
Electricity? Microphones? Use of tap water? Heat for the church? What about commercially bought wine that comes by the case? Eucharist that comes in plastic packaging from a factory? Are these all wastes of money too?
You can have all of the communion rails you like. If you don't use them they are as useless as the clamps attached to your pew to hold a hat.
So what do we do with all the other things the church doesn't use? We are going to have lots of buildings that the archdiocese won't use coming here soon. Should we just get rid of them since they are obviously useless because they aren't being used?

Please keep in mind that adopting societal standards is not always for the best. The terrible handling of the priest sex issue was consistent with the way society dealt with those issues at that time. Public schools, the BSA, youth athletic programs and society in general treated pedophiles by taking the perps out of that community, maybe requiring some therapy and then turning them out into a different community, hoping for the best. Thank God we no longer do that.
Except 55% of priest had pedophile accusations against them compared to general public less than 1/1000%. Also, none of those other professions were dudes sworn to celebracy and representing God. Hey, but at least that argument makes you and that Teso goon sleep at night

Except 55% of priest had pedophile accusations against them compared to general public less than 1/1000%. Also, none of those other professions were dudes sworn to celebracy and representing God. Hey, but at least that argument makes you and that Teso goon sleep at night
55%? Lol. SURREEEEEEEEEEE. And accusations, does that mean they were guilty of anything?

Electricity? Microphones? Use of tap water? Heat for the church? What about commercially bought wine that comes by the case? Eucharist that comes in plastic packaging from a factory? Are these all wastes of money too?

So what do we do with all the other things the church doesn't use? We are going to have lots of buildings that the archdiocese won't use coming here soon. Should we just get rid of them since they are obviously useless because they aren't being used?
Hey..instead of feeding or housing some people, lets spend 40K to put ac in a church that we will "need" 8 times a year.

No where near 55% and public school teachers are higher. When was the last time you heard of a current priest misconduct? Public school teachers? at least once a month.

No where near 55% and public school teachers are higher. When was the last time you heard of a current priest misconduct? Public school teachers? at least once a month.
When was the last time you heard of the public school covering it up and letting the teacher continue on teaching?

Hey..instead of feeding or housing some people, lets spend 40K to put ac in a church that we will "need" 8 times a year.
That I can agree with. On that note, why did we build these "buildings" as worship spaces. They are incredibly expensive to build and maintain. We are supposed to be 1 holy and apostolic church, which means we should really be having those masses outside.

They are unionized .. media protection. Liberal media hates Catholics.

That I can agree with. On that note, why did we build these "buildings" as worship spaces. They are incredibly expensive to build and maintain. We are supposed to be 1 holy and apostolic church, which means we should really be having those masses outside.
Different mind set when they were built. Thank God our ancestors left us with such gifts. Couldn’t be done today

Different mind set when they were built. Thank God our ancestors left us with such gifts. Couldn’t be done today
So we shouldn't have A/C because it was too expensive, but building insanely elaborate buildings that cost more than A/C is ok because it was a different mindset?

So we shouldn't have A/C because it was too expensive, but building insanely elaborate buildings that cost more than A/C is ok because it was a different mindset?
Hmm...so are you saying now, since they are built, that we should spend the money to tear them down?