Bishop Sycamore Head Coach Roy Johnson Accuses Suburban Schools of Recruiting

Sperling is about all they got honestly. A couple short slow lineman. Maybe enough to win D2....we shall see. Certainly not the talent of last year's team

Well, it will be interesting to see how Hoban evolves this season. They started slow tonight...slower then even I typically would have preferred. I wanted to see Hoban lay 70+ points on these clowns, but even so, Hoban did take care of business here.

Obviously the Knights have a lot of work to do this season...this is not the team of the last couple years. But Coach Tyrell is one of the best high school coaches in the state. And Hoban does actually ensure that their football players enjoy all the support they could ask for...unlike BS. I can trust that they will put in the hard work throughout this season, and will be a very different team come week 10. I fully expect them to be contenders again this postseason.

As for Bishop Sycamore....They are who we thought they were.

Sycamore doesn’t have white jerseys? Just saw highlights on Hoban’s Twitter and it had to be interesting with both teams wearing dark colored jerseys

Sperling is about all they got honestly. A couple short slow lineman. Maybe enough to win D2....we shall see. Certainly not the talent of last year's team
4 of those 5 lineman are returning starters. But, this is the biggest rebuild Tyrrell's had since they won their first state title. That D was an all-timer last year, you just can't reload that with all the inexperienced sophomores and juniors they have on that side. Hamm's moxy, leadership and high football IQ was always underrated as well, that's a big hole to fill. And even though they've always liked to pound the rock, the last 6 teams all had a Morris/Houser/Tipton/Davis on the outside that could get consistently get over the top for big plays, our take those slants and seam routes to the house. Remains to be seen if that guy exists on this team. It's also a really short preseason this year, so it'll take longer for teams with a lot of new starters to get their footing. Will be interesting to see what they become, but next week could be a bit rough for them.

Sycamore doesn’t have white jerseys? Just saw highlights on Hoban’s Twitter and it had to be interesting with both teams wearing dark colored jerseys
First thing I thought. How do you show up for a road game in black jerseys & dark gray pants?

So, jersey. Pick your poison;

Either you have 26 d1 players, and yet you still got running clocked by a rebuilding hoban team in week 1.

Or, you are lying about the 26 d1 players.

Either you are a compulsive liar, or grossly incompetent. Take your pick.

It's beyond parody that this team is going to be representing Ohio "high school" football on ESPN next weekend.

It's beyond parody that this team is going to be representing Ohio "high school" football on ESPN next weekend.
seriously, I could think of a hundred teams Id rather have representing our state.

Heck, I think I would rather my own Coventry Comets represent, then this joke of a team. And we're hardly any prize right now either. that I can tell you.

As much as I think this Hoban team is rebuilding. I continue to remind myself that last years BS team scores against Massillon and Iggy’s, they lost by about 30 points….

Granted IMG is going to be embarrassing. They didn’t even warm up tonight, kids running out of the locker during the game. Athletic yes but no coaching. Seemed like they were more interested in making “highlights” or sweet videos with all the people running around with cameras.

Will be interesting to see how QB (back up is an impressive baseball player) turns out over the next couple of weeks. Don’t know how bad the injury was.

A few more of the Jersey Lyer's gems debunked

1629454696318.png

1629454956705.png

Where were these uni's?

1629455440457.png

Amber Alert- Middle aged male from New Jersey. Description: carnival barker, over exaggerator, purveyor and repeater of false information and general BS'er. Last seen on Yappi.com conveying obviously false information about roster sizes, uniforms and D1 football commits. Goes by the name of Jersey Flyer. If found, please return to flofootball.com.

At least we can finally put to rest the outrageous lies that have been peddled here the last few weeks. First, there are not 110 players and two teams, only one team with about 25 players, all but one 5th and 6th year players. This team is quite possibly even worse than last year's 0-6 team.

Cleveland.com is reporting this as the unofficial season opener for Hoban: "According to the OHSAA, the game will not count in the standings and therefore Hoban remains 0-0." So this was just a scrimmage. And St. Edward will be holding a scrimmage Homecoming weekend this year? How wonderful.

We already know the people running Bishop Sycamore are scam artists, but I think it's time some serious questions were directed at the Athletic Directors that have scheduled these games.

We already know the people running Bishop Sycamore are scam artists, but I think it's time some serious questions were directed at the Athletic Directors that have scheduled these games.
Football-wise, it's probably better to have a fake game than no game. However, even if not their intent, these ADs are helping the good, good folks at BS perpetuate their scam, and should have nothing to do with them.

I honestly feel bad for the players and their families. They are the ones being scammed the most. They were told that if they came to Columbus that they will get scholarships, attain their goals. It won't happen. Everything that comes out of the mouths of anyone associated with this team is a lie. Grifters, scam-artists and sleazebags, that all they are.

First thing I thought. How do you show up for a road game in black jerseys & dark gray pants?
The uniforms showed-up/were delivered to the stadium parking lot just prior to 6:30....no kidding. The rosters had no numbers associated with players (which is logical since they had no jerseys before Thursday) and several of the players listed were not even on the team. Hence a lot of "number 41 the ball carrier" or "brought down by number 36" from the booth.

The uniforms showed-up/were delivered to the stadium parking lot just prior to 6:30....no kidding. The rosters had no numbers associated with players (which is logical since they had no jerseys before Thursday) and several of the players listed were not even on the team. Hence a lot of "number 41 the ball carrier" or "brought down by number 36" from the booth.
It was obvious they drug in some heavy guys to play line last minute. Probably the guys that came running out of the locker room after the game started because they weren't on the team bus. They started the first series with WR's on the line lol. Which would be about right based on the videos and pics we have seen of them over the last few weeks.

Last edited: