Minster Job Opening

let's not forget New Knoxville.....

He has always been a guy the kids enjoyed. Saw it first hand. Kids enjoy being around him. Kenton had kids coming in from all over for a chance to be coached by him. I am sure it is no different where he is now. That is why I cannot see how he isnt a top priority.

Kenton has not been the same since he left due to the kids not coming to play for him. He was a top notch coach, offensive coordinator and when he left the guy who took over could not replace his offensive IQ. He was the best of the best.

He has always been a guy the kids enjoyed. Saw it first hand. Kids enjoy being around him. Kenton had kids coming in from all over for a chance to be coached by him. I am sure it is no different where he is now. That is why I cannot see how he isnt a top priority.

Kenton has not been the same since he left due to the kids not coming to play for him. He was a top notch coach, offensive coordinator and when he left the guy who took over could not replace his offensive IQ. He was the best of the best.
Tell BM hi at the dinner table tonight.

Just curious, not sure if you know or follow, but since you're posting about the Mauk's why aren't they really having any success at Glendale (MO)? Missouri isn't that good of a football state and I think Glendale is considered a bigger school in the MO classification so you'd assume they have decent numbers/talent. I'm surprised with Mike Mauk at the helm and Ben, Maty, and Jonathan all as assistants that they aren't having state championship level success.

How many other schools border Minster?
MSML, Versailles, Anna, ?
All kind of CB enhancing.
District boundary wise, it's New Bremen to the north, Anna to the east, Fort Loramie to the south, Versailles to the southwest, and MSML to the west.

Do you not see the issue with that statement for interscholastic athletics?
I realize this is prevalent in many areas, but those of us who are lifelong MACsters take pride that our CB #s are low.
It is sickening when I read people say 'depends who comes back' or 'jimmy left' or 'skippy transferred over' for the HS level.

The athletes in our area seem to take more pride in their home towns than in many areas across the state and that is how we like it.

Start plucking athletes from outside the district and he will be public enemy #1 in the conference.

Just curious, not sure if you know or follow, but since you're posting about the Mauk's why aren't they really having any success at Glendale (MO)? Missouri isn't that good of a football state and I think Glendale is considered a bigger school in the MO classification so you'd assume they have decent numbers/talent. I'm surprised with Mike Mauk at the helm and Ben, Maty, and Jonathan all as assistants that they aren't having state championship level success.

They have had success and a lot of it. They know how to get kids to play hard. If I was you guys I would be very happy to get him as my coach.

Ben is a good coach, trust me. As I said Kenton benefited from it and has struggled since the departure. If you dont believe me, I know he outperformed another Kenton guy in the interview process for a second interview. Which goes to show.

Do you not see the issue with that statement for interscholastic athletics?
I realize this is prevalent in many areas, but those of us who are lifelong MACsters take pride that our CB #s are low.
It is sickening when I read people say 'depends who comes back' or 'jimmy left' or 'skippy transferred over' for the HS level.

The athletes in our area seem to take more pride in their home towns than in many areas across the state and that is how we like it.

Start plucking athletes from outside the district and he will be public enemy #1 in the conference.
what school district does Montezuma cover?

Ben is a good coach, trust me. As I said Kenton benefited from it and has struggled since the departure. If you dont believe me, I know he outperformed another Kenton guy in the interview process for a second interview. Which goes to show.
Geron Stokes was a good coach and won with house money. Don’t need any help from any athletes outside of Minster school district.

They have had success and a lot of it. They know how to get kids to play hard. If I was you guys I would be very happy to get him as my coach.

A lot of success? From what I can tell Mike Mauk has a 37-40 record in his 7 seasons at Glendale and those seasons were all about .500 or below except for an 11-1 campaign in 2016 where they had an early playoff exit. They haven't made it to their state semifinals once or even won the equivalent of the Elite 8 in Ohio (the regional championship). I know Glendale puts up big stats like Kenton did, but I haven't seen them have the same type of success as the Mauk's did at Kenton. Stats, hard work, character building are all important. So are wins when you're a program like Minster in the MAC.

Also I'm not a Minster person, I'm a WBL guy which is why I was asking about the Mauk's. It doesn't really matter to me who gets hired as the next Minster head ball coach.

Any updates on Coach Cramer and his interest on rebuilding another program I did through the grapevine hear he is a canidate for the St. Marys job but is demanding a huge payday.

there is some dudes over the years in Ranger land, that could have been some dang good football players.... just like Russia.....
Not pertinent to the thread but 8 Man football would be a positive for both those communities and I wouldn't be surprised to see both have it one day
what school district does Montezuma cover?
Mainly Celina. Parts of Franklin township are split between Coldwater, Marion, and New Bremen

I know one thing that this thread proves, is that the Mauks were polarizing. I admit, as an outsider, I enjoyed watching Kenton play come playoff time. It was a unique brand of football. Some of their games against Clinton Massie and Alter over the years were classics. Adding that to the MAC, would potentially be fun to see on a weekly basis.

I know one thing that this thread proves, is that the Mauks were polarizing. I admit, as an outsider, I enjoyed watching Kenton play come playoff time. It was a unique brand of football. Some of their games against Clinton Massie and Alter over the years were classics. Adding that to the MAC, would potentially be fun to see on a weekly basis.

without a doubt. I know if he doesn’t land this job Kenton will be knocking soon. I know therewere a lot of hopes he would take over for his dad. A huge bunch still wish he would have. So hopefully sooner than later he can return.

without a doubt. I know if he doesn’t land this job Kenton will be knocking soon. I know therewere a lot of hopes he would take over for his dad. A huge bunch still wish he would have. So hopefully sooner than later he can return.
If he wants to go back to Kenton go back to Kenton. If they’re struggling as bad as you say, they should be begging for BM to comeback home..