Best Movie Theme Songs

PantherProud

We’ve done TV theme songs, so why not movie.

I’ll leave the usual suspects for others.

Two for me:

So good the studio made it their theme as well.

The movie itself has mixed reviews but Hans Zimmer’s score is incredible.

The Toledo Zoo used to have "Music Under the Stars" with the Toledo Symphony each summer and one of the annual events was movie themes and it was the best free concert I'd ever attended.

The Toledo Zoo used to have "Music Under the Stars" with the Toledo Symphony each summer and one of the annual events was movie themes and it was the best free concert I'd ever attended.

that you can remember. :D

John Williams is the King of this category. Modern anyhow. Elfman has some good ones too.

What are their recognizable themes? Looking at a list, Lion King I imagine. Not sure what others I would recongize that I don't know I would recognize without being told what they were.

Zimmer: Lion King, The Rock, Dark Knight Trilogy, Pirates of the Caribbean, inception, Man of Steel

Silvestri: back to the future movies, avengers movies, Forrest Gump

To name a few.

Man of Steel I I'd recognize without being told what it was from. I can play that one in my head. The others aren't striking a bell. I'll give a listen to some of the others. Would have been interesting with just audio links to see which ones we could guess. Wouldn't even know how to link an audio recording but I imagine it can be done easily enough.

Edit: Oh wait, wrong Superman. lol, no I really didn't recognize any of them. A tiny bit of the Batman opening in one recording,. Same Back to the Future. There has to be a recording more like in the movie instead of the full on orchestra ones I found.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just natural to recognize opening themes from movies seen at the theatre, when young and not so much movies that came out when older and watched on a laptop. Might be why I don't recognize those Zimmer and Silvestri themes.

I had no idea what was going on but over night it seemed, every kid in that little African neighborhood where I lived was "IIIIII YiIIIIII YiIIIII will always love Yuuuuuuu!UUU!!!!!!UUUUUUU!!!!!UUUUU!!!!!.

My ears still hurt.

It was a good decade before I found out where it came from.

I had no idea what was going on but over night it seemed, every kid in that little African neighborhood where I lived was "IIIIII YiIIIIII YiIIIII will always love Yuuuuuuu!UUU!!!!!!UUUUUUU!!!!!UUUUU!!!!!.

My ears still hurt.

It was a good decade before I found out where it came from.
I actually like both versions (Dolly being the other) and both movies (Best Little Whorehouse in Texas being the other), but man the first time I heard Whitney's version, on the radio mind you, and she hit that part you are referring to, Wow I stood still!!!! and looked at the radio like :

1616800737313.png

Maybe it worked better for me because I heard it on the radio before all the little kids started letting loose with their versions.

I actually like both versions (Dolly being the other) and both movies (Best Little Whorehouse in Texas being the other), but man the first time I heard Whitney's version, on the radio mind you, and she hit that part you are referring to, Wow I stood still!!!! and looked at the radio like :

View attachment 15967

Maybe it worked better for me because I heard it on the radio before all the little kids started letting loose with their versions.

Dolly's version of the song she wrote, btw, was good. Whitney's is incredibly perfect.

I was mesmerized watching this. Even now, the thought of her tragic death is a little heartbreaking. :(