2021 Steubenville Big Red

Win Total?

• Total voters
True. Surprised Ursuline (and other Y’Town teams) continue to decline offers to play Big Red but Mooney doesn’t

Mooney has been down past few years; however, they have great history, a proud tradition like Big Red and not afraid to schedule good competition on annual basis. Most other Ytown schools have willingness to play us occasionally and only when they believe they will have loaded talent to compete with or beat us. I was hopeful Fitch would've returned the favor and played @ Harding Stadium in 2021 as that was an exciting and evenly matched game this past season.

Mooney has been down past few years; however, they have great history, a proud tradition like Big Red and not afraid to schedule good competition on annual basis. Most other Ytown schools have willingness to play us occasionally and only when they believe they will have loaded talent to compete with or beat us. I was hopeful Fitch would've returned the favor and played @ Harding Stadium in 2021 as that was an exciting and evenly matched game this past season.
Honestly a great conference would be Big Red, Boardman, Mooney, Ursuline, Warren, Fitch, New Philly, and Dover.

Honestly a great conference would be Big Red, Boardman, Mooney, Ursuline, Warren, Fitch, New Philly, and Dover.
Would like to see a football only conference of at least...Steubenville, Warren Harding, Massillon, Boardman, and Austintown Fitch. If you wanted to add New Philly, and Dover, that be fine too

Would like to see a football only conference of at least...Steubenville, Warren Harding, Massillon, Boardman, and Austintown Fitch. If you wanted to add New Philly, and Dover, that be fine too
I think Massillon should be excluded simply from a stand point of them being one of the top recruiting public’s in the state. But I would mind playing them some years

I think Massillon should be excluded simply from a stand point of them being one of the top recruiting public’s in the state. But I would mind playing them some years
I don't mind Massillon at all, in the conference. WGH plays them every year. I know certain years when the talent is not there for WGH, they just take the beatdown, but still play them.

Last edited:

It is hilarious a Steubenville fan is calling out another school for “recruiting.” LOL! Check your rosters throughout the years! ?As far Steubey playing the Tigers, you didn’t want to renew the 2015 contract, I wonder why?

It is hilarious a Steubenville fan is calling out another school for “recruiting.” LOL! Check your rosters throughout the years! ?As far Steubey playing the Tigers, you didn’t want to renew the 2015 contract, I wonder why?
Like I said I wouldn’t mind playing them but there hasn’t been any recruiting down there that is apparent. I just see there being a difference between someone from 10/15 mins away open enrolling to a school and a kid from Akron going to Massillon. I respect Massillon and their history my first 4 years I grew up in Warren and went to those games. Would be a great rivalry to be renewed

I don't mind Massillon at all, in the conference. WGH plays them every year. I know certain years when the talent is not there for WGH, they just take the beatdown, but still play them.
I just think they would just be a different type of team. I know they sometimes have down years and that will be the most competitive for the conference but when they have the talent they’ve had the past 4 years I don’t think any of those teams would be competitive with them. Maybe Warren with Lynn Bowden and 2016/17 Steubenville.

I realize I probably worded my response wrong. I wouldn’t exclude them but they’d be on a different level than the other teams

Like I said I wouldn’t mind playing them but there hasn’t been any recruiting down there that is apparent. I just see there being a difference between someone from 10/15 mins away open enrolling to a school and a kid from Akron going to Massillon. I respect Massillon and their history my first 4 years I grew up in Warren and went to those games. Would be a great rivalry to be renewed

Both Steubenville City SD and Massillon City SD are open enrollment. When you use the word, recruit, that is illegal according to the OHSAA. Maybe you should use the word, transfer instead? That is more appropriate.

Both Steubenville City SD and Massillon City SD are open enrollment. When you use the word, recruit, that is illegal according to the OHSAA. Maybe you should use the word, transfer instead? That is more appropriate.
Probably and the problem with the open enrollment #s is that Big Red get hurt more from people coming in for education and not even playing sports from say Toronto or Wintersville. I think the split was around 70/30 or 60/40 non-sports to sports

Big Red laid a beating down on the Tigers in 2015. Big Red played in the State Championship in 2015, 2016, and 2017.

So if your trying to state that Big Red was scared, your wrong

Massillon is Div 2
And I believe Bog Red may still be Div 3.
So not as big a difference as you might think.
True but Big Red just joined D3 2 years ago so they’re on the smaller side of D3 I believe I still think it could be a good game especially with 12 teams making the playoffs neither team would get too much of a drop if they lose. Whoever wins will get a ton of points towards the rankings.

You were right that Steubenville is considerably smaller in boys' enrollment.

(Divisions for football really aren't the purest indicators of enrollment comparisons anymore, for multiple reasons.)
in that case, i don’t think anyone should be blaming Steubenville for not scheduling a school that’s twice their size.

We’re facing D1 Olentangy Liberty week 1 and Wheeling Park WV D1 week 3 or 4this year
and that’s great. but no one could blame a school Steubenville’s size for not scheduling the Libertys and Massillons of the world.

Big Red laid a beating down on the Tigers in 2015. Big Red played in the State Championship in 2015, 2016, and 2017.

So if your trying to state that Big Red was scared, your wrong

LOL! Steubenville’s 6-41-2 record with Massillon Washington is all that needs to be said. Plus, Steubey stopped the series after that infamous 2015 Big Red win. Why haven’t the two schools played since then. In my opinion, the game would not be close.

Last edited:
LOL! Steubenville’s 6-41-2 record with Massillon Washington is all that needs to be said. Plus, Steubey stopped the series after that infamous 2015 Big Red win. Why haven’t the two schools played since then. In my opinion, the game would not be close.
After looking at both schedules from 2016 and 17 (biased as a starter on this team) I think the games would’ve been competitive but 2018 would be when a huge separation would’ve been obvious