Division 2 Canal Fulton Northwest Sectional

slideby20

Thoughts and predictions? Deepest weights?

Teams:
Northwest:
Revere
Copley
Norton
Cvca
Canton south
Hubbard
Tri way
Fairless
Springfield
Tallmadge
Coventry

I think Revere wins the team race. Copley is terrific at the lower weights, but not so much at the middle/upper weights. Norton probably competes really well as a team too. Probably the top three teams.

For deepest weights, off the top of my head 152 and 106. Using Borofan's rankings here's a list for kids to watch out for in the weight classes.

152 has Kirby from Fairless, Simon from Coventry, Butler from Revere, and Scarbrough from CVCA. Flohr from Norton could be back up to 160, but was also listed at 152.
106 has Javaan Yarbrough from Copley, Nelson from CVCA, McCarthy from Hubbard, Shutsa from Norton, and Miller from Canton South

Last edited:
Also 220, there are three state qualifiers in the Sectional with Williams from CS up from 160, Kyle Snider up from 182, and Logan from Northwest. Could be interesting there as well.

That's just ugly,,,

Three very different styles too. I'd expect to see Logan and Williams in the semis as they should be seeded 2 and 3. Can't slot anybody in for the semis against Snider though. My initial gut would say Robinson from Copley. He's a small D1 football recruit and a returning district qualifier.

I can’t imagine if Louisville was at this sectional again. Lots of returning SQ’s here. I believe Copley pulls out the win. While they may not be the deepest team, they will get lots of bonus points. CVCA comes in a close 2nd as a team with depth and potential to take the top spot easily with some bonus points and upsets. Deepest weight classes I see here are 106, 113, 152, and 220.

I can’t imagine if Louisville was at this sectional again. Lots of returning SQ’s here. I believe Copley pulls out the win. While they may not be the deepest team, they will get lots of bonus points. CVCA comes in a close 2nd as a team with depth and potential to take the top spot easily with some bonus points and upsets. Deepest weight classes I see here are 106, 113, 152, and 220.

I imagine Copley and CVCA each have 3 champs. I see Revere with 2. If Revere wins it's the depth of their roster. Norton being a top 5 team is also the depth of their roster compared to others in the sectional.

Predictions for the four weight classes you listed-

106 is either Yarbrough (Copley) or Nelson (CVCA) Yarbrough is the most technical wrestler, but his small frame could be an issue.
113 Yarbrough (Copley) runs away with the sectional, there's a huge drop off after him.
152 Kirby (Fairless) takes it here, assuming he's back down to 152. Seeding will determine when he gets Simon (Coventry) Flohr (Norton) Butler (Revere) or Scarbrough (CVCA) in either the semis or finals. Could see one or two of the kids jumping to 160 for a much easier out in a loaded weight.
220 Snider (CVCA) over Williams (CS) or Logan (NW) assuming them to be seeded 2 and 3.

TeamScore
1. Norton206.0
2. CVCA193.5
3. Revere184.0
4. Copley181.0
5. Triway94.0
6. Canton South 91.5
7. CF Northwest91.5
8. Hubbard77.0
9. Fairless59.0
10. Coventry50.0
11. Ak. Springfield47.0