State tournament will not be at OSU

I went to the boys state tournament for 26 consecutive years until last year when it got cancelled and it looks like I won't be able to go again this year because there's no way the general public will be able to attend.

I went to the boys state tournament for 26 consecutive years until last year when it got cancelled and it looks like I won't be able to go again this year because there's no way the general public will be able to attend.
Would've been 18 years for me last year.

Meaning they don't want to pay the money to rent the large venues when they can't sell enough tickets to cover the cost....It makes sense.

Greed. Sad they can’t help out the High Schools for a couple weeks if everyone can come close to breaking even cost wise.

Greed. Sad they can’t help out the High Schools for a couple weeks if everyone can come close to breaking even cost wise.

What is greedy about any place not wanting outsiders in their facility? I know of a few local schools that are not even allowing their Youth programs to use the Districts Facilities,

Meaning they don't want to pay the money to rent the large venues when they can't sell enough tickets to cover the cost....It makes sense.
I know Ohio University can’t because of their insurance. Most high schools can’t host also for the same reason

Or are they, and other places, just not wanting to host because of the lack of $$$ brought in due to attendance restrictions?

I have noticed most places have cut their concession presence in half, or not even having any at all, because of the lack of people who can attend.

Geographically it is a huge inconvenience to half of the state, but what about Cleveland for the state tournament? The Cavs can currently hold 2,000 fans and are working toward doubling that thanks to all of the precautions and technology that exists.

What's in it for Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse and the Cavs? Maybe not a whole lot except for some good will with the OHSAA and their member schools...for whatever that is worth to them. I know HS teams have been playing there for a while and the partnership between schools/Cavs allows for players and their families to buy discounted tickets to Cavs games. Increasing that partnership would have to be something the Cavs would be interested in.

It because they are doing the COVID vaccines from there.

Geographically it is a huge inconvenience to half of the state, but what about Cleveland for the state tournament? The Cavs can currently hold 2,000 fans and are working toward doubling that thanks to all of the precautions and technology that exists.

What's in it for Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse and the Cavs? Maybe not a whole lot except for some good will with the OHSAA and their member schools...for whatever that is worth to them. I know HS teams have been playing there for a while and the partnership between schools/Cavs allows for players and their families to buy discounted tickets to Cavs games. Increasing that partnership would have to be something the Cavs would be interested in.

They got pro stadiums set up to give vaccinations because they're already good at the logistics of moving people in and out. Other than altruistic, I agree with your motivations and hope something like that would be doable.

They'll come up with something great, we'll all whine about anyhow. :D

Four different sites for each division of state finals.There are a lot of high schools that could host 3 games for a regional or state tournament.

Costs of broadcasting the games go up exponentially by using different sites for the finals.

Certainly a predicament they are in..... (still)

Have heard the OHSAA was looking to hold State Championship at Ohio Dominican. Gym holds 2000 so probably 500 would be able to attend. However, lots of negative feedback from the other districts because of parking and accessability to getting to ODU- its not the easiest place to in and out of. So ODU is on the list but not sure what other venues are on the list.