New tax on number of miles you drive?

Leftists like Pete and lc5397 think we should be doubled taxed. Of course because leftists love taxes.

Get rid of the gas tax and institute a mileage tax at a level that raises the necessary amount to maintain the country’s roads.

Because the money is wasted. Deal with government waste before you suggest taking more money from the citizenry.
The gas tax doesn’t raise sufficient funds to maintain the country’s transportation system.

Cutting spending across the board by 10% saves almost $500 Billion.

That's a start....

Then we can get down to the serious cuts. (monies for hamster fight research, building golf courses on military bases, just to name a couple from years past)

Last edited:
I agree, but that’s not what the current GOP thinks. The GOP has been crucifying anybody who hasn’t stayed in lock stop with Trump as being a RINO/not true Republicans/not conservative enough.
Which is true.

Anyone who supported Biden isnt a conservative no matter what they tell themselves. The left is the antithesis of conservative policy.

I agree, but that’s not what the current GOP thinks. The GOP has been crucifying anybody who hasn’t stayed in lock stop with Trump as being a RINO/not true Republicans/not conservative enough.
You're a dope. Most of the GOP leadership loathes Trump.

Last edited:
Get rid of the gas tax and institute a mileage tax at a level that raises the necessary amount to maintain the country’s roads.
No. Within the larger issues of conservation and pollution, the gasoline tax accomplishes two goals. It encourages people to drive less and it encourages people to drive a more fuel efficient vehicle. Plus a mileage tax is not as easily collected and necessitates a new bureaucracy to collect it, which wastes both time and money.

The gas tax is better policy and the means to collect it is already in place and being used.

Last edited:
No. Within the larger issues of conservation and pollution, the gasoline tax accomplishes two goals. It encourages people to drive less and it encourages people to drive a more fuel efficient vehicle. Plus a mileage tax is not as easily collected and necessitates a new bureaucracy to collect it, which wastes both time and money.

The gas tax is better policy and the means to collect it is already in place and being used.
Some valid points. At this point, I’m more concerned with paying for infrastructure. And the more you encourage fuel efficient and EVs, the less gas tax you’ll collect.

What is the minimum threshold?
I drive ten miles less than that....

We already pay this tax at the pump, are they retarded? Wanna says it's sixty cents a gallon
If you read the article you'll see the target is the post gas/diesel days. Fuel tax is already losing revenue because cars are more efficient today so they are looking for a way to get even electric cars to pay a usage tax since theiy are targeting 2035 as the year gas/diesel cars can no longer be sold.

I wonder when they will put meters on the mandatory masks and start charging a tax on how much air you use?