Northwest Ohio Realignment

If maumee and Napoleon went to the nbc and Whitmer and clay went to the nll, this whole thing would be over. Fremont and Findlay are out of the leagues footprint. Sorry guys

I agree...but the whole point of this expansion plan is so Maumee and Napoleon don't have to leave and so BG isn't left out in the wind. Theyre trying to build a more equitable conference structure for everyone in the area, and this is the way to do it.

Anyone who thinks NBC schools want to be in a league with Southview are insane.

Haha honestly the more conjecture I see on this topic, the more it seems less likely.

As I said previously, Maumee needs out as does Woodmore. Maybe Clay fills that void in the NLL? If so then possibly Bedford comes into the TRAC?

I read on here that maumee is “too big” and “discouraged athletes” at maumee would start coming out for sports and maumee, being “too big” would “dominate.” :)

Exactly lol. The difference from Maumee to Rossford is A THIRD of the difference from Maumee to Perrysburg or Anthony Wayne nowadays. People thinking there would be a severe talent inequity just don't understand how big the difference is in the NLL right now. Hell, Maumee/BG/Napoleon play the NBC schools in almost all state playoffs now outside of football...and they don't beat them...ever...

That small school conference of Maumee/BG/Napoleon/Rossford/Eastwood/Lake/Otsego or Genoa/Southview would be a SUPER fun conference to watch. I don't see a team that would be consistently at the bottom there, I think it would be competitive top to bottom in all sports (born out with all of the recent results between these teams in all different sports) which can't be said about the NLL currently. When Southview's enrollment normalizes, Ross would move back down, and things would work out even better IMO geographically.

Anyone who thinks NBC schools want to be in a league with Southview are insane.

Haha honestly the more conjecture I see on this topic, the more it seems less likely.

As I said previously, Maumee needs out as does Woodmore. Maybe Clay fills that void in the NLL? If so then possibly Bedford comes into the TRAC?

Bedford wants nothing to do with the TRAC...that is just plain dumb. They've told Whitmer to kick rocks even though they're one of their biggest rivals and they've all but dropped every other non-Michigan team off of their schedules. I don't even think OHSAA allows for sponsored conferences to have teams outside of Ohio in them anymore.

Clay burned so many bridges in the last realignment that they NEED the other four to bring them in, and Maumee has an NBC invite that they haven't accepted yet because they're trying to do this thing with the NLL.

Bedford wants nothing to do with the TRAC...that is just plain dumb.

Clay burned so many bridges in the last realignment that they NEED the other four to bring them in, and Maumee has an NBC invite that they haven't accepted yet because they're trying to do this thing with the NLL.

Then where does Fostoria go? Elmwood? Woodmore? A lot of this seems to be making a mountain out of a molehill with re-alignment. Hell what about even a straight up trade, Ross and Clay for AW and Perrysburg? Lol that works more than anything

I agree...but the whole point of this expansion plan is so Maumee and Napoleon don't have to leave and so BG isn't left out in the wind. Theyre trying to build a more equitable conference structure for everyone in the area, and this is the way to do it.
Why don't they just bus students around and even things up?

That has a better chance of happening.

Then where does Fostoria go? Elmwood? Woodmore? A lot of this seems to be making a mountain out of a molehill with re-alignment. Hell what about even a straight up trade, Ross and Clay for AW and Perrysburg? Lol that works more than anything

You do realize that conferences can't do that without the consent of the schools and conferences...right? I can't believe I'm asking that sincerely, but I want to make sure BEFORE I tell you that AW and Perrysburg's ADs would tell you to get your head examined if you came to them with that proposal. You sound like the same people who are telling Cincinnati, UCF, and Boise State that they should just join new conferences if they don't like being treated like little kids...like it's as easy as filling out an online form and you're good.

Also, that would require Findlay and Whitmer to stay in the TRAC, which isn't going to happen. They don't want to deal with teams who are playing by different rules anymore, and now they have an opportunity to do that.

Also...Elmwood is going to the BVC, thats not in question. Woodmore could go to the SBC tomorrow if they want, and Fostoria is left to figure things out. The NLL and the schools vying for position in a new conference are not beholden to making the best situation for every school in the area...I don't get why it's hard to understand this. They don't care about what happens to the schools that won't be in their conference, they're trying to make the conference the best for all of its members.

Last edited:
Ok...people say that maumee is “to big” for the NBC. If woodmore and Elmwood leave and oak harbor stays on the sbc, would the nbc go with 6 teams? Maybe have a scheduling deal with the lake division of the sbc? What other candidates would the Nbc have? Liberty center?
Bay, not the Lake.

Bay - Edison, Huron, Port Clinton, Oak Harbor, Vermillion, Willard.

Lake - Bellevue, Clyde, Norwalk, Perkins, Sandusky, Tiffin Columbian.

Bedford wants nothing to do with the TRAC...that is just plain dumb. They've told Whitmer to kick rocks even though they're one of their biggest rivals and they've all but dropped every other non-Michigan team off of their schedules. I don't even think OHSAA allows for sponsored conferences to have teams outside of Ohio in them anymore.

Are you sure about the NBC invite? Maybe my sources are playing dumb

Bay, not the Lake.

Bay - Edison, Huron, Port Clinton, Oak Harbor, Vermillion, Willard.

Lake - Bellevue, Clyde, Norwalk, Perkins, Sandusky, Tiffin Columbian.

Goddamn, that is crazy to look at the Bay conference in plain terms. Oak Harbor to Vermillion and Willard?! What is that, an hour and 15 by bus on the most dangerous stretch of road in Ohio? How are they ok with being in that conference?

Are you sure about the NBC invite? Maybe my sources are playing dumb

I have a few individuals who have told me it has been on their desk for two months...it was tied to Elmwood informing the NBC of their plans to move to the BVC. It was around that time that Whitmer and Findlay ADs approached Clay and Fremont about their idea to move to the NLL.

Who knows, they all could be yanking my chain, but they've been right about a lot of other things and they are people who would be intimately aware of this stuff in Maumee, Washington Local, and Perrysburg.

Goddamn, that is crazy to look at the Bay conference in plain terms. Oak Harbor to Vermillion and Willard?! What is that, an hour and 15 by bus on the most dangerous stretch of road in Ohio? How are they ok with being in that conference?
50.6 miles, and you are on Rt. 2 at 70mph most of the way to Vermillion.

55 miles to Willard, and 1:05 - 1:10.

Oak Harbor to the NBC makes a lot of sense to me, but what anyone else thinks I have no idea.

What is the most dangerous stretch of road in Ohio?

Last edited:
For the record, Vermilion is only in Bay for Football. Otherwise, in Lake.

Route 2...more fatal accidents on that road per road mile than any other in the last 20 years. Lots of it is attributed to toll skippers on a underlighted road that can't necessarily accommodate some of the trucks safely.

Route 2...more fatal accidents on that road per road mile than any other in the last 20 years. Lots of it is attributed to toll skippers on a underlighted road that can't necessarily accommodate some of the trucks safely.
Could be, it's 2 lanes from Toledo to Port Clinton, but from there east it's 4 lanes.

Underlighted? Most roads are.

You do realize that conferences can't do that without the consent of the schools and conferences...right? I can't believe I'm asking that sincerely, but I want to make sure BEFORE I tell you that AW and Perrysburg's ADs would tell you to get your head examined if you came to them with that proposal. You sound like the same people who are telling Cincinnati, UCF, and Boise State that they should just join new conferences if they don't like being treated like little kids...like it's as easy as filling out an online form and you're good.

Also, that would require Findlay and Whitmer to stay in the TRAC, which isn't going to happen. They don't want to deal with teams who are playing by different rules anymore, and now they have an opportunity to do that.

Also...Elmwood is going to the BVC, thats not in question. Woodmore could go to the SBC tomorrow if they want, and Fostoria is left to figure things out. The NLL and the schools vying for position in a new conference are not beholden to making the best situation for every school in the area...I don't get why it's hard to understand this. They don't care about what happens to the schools that won't be in their conference, they're trying to make the conference the best for all of its members.
You gotta relax man. Lol if Perrysburg and AW switched spots with Clay and Ross it would fix A LOT.

SJJ
St Francis
Central
Findlay
Whitmer
Lima Senior
Perrysburg
Anthony Wayne

Great league.

Southview
Northview
Bowling Green
Napoleon
Springfield
Fremont Ross
Clay
Maumee (Do they really need to leave with the Big 2 out)

You gotta relax man. Lol if Perrysburg and AW switched spots with Clay and Ross it would fix A LOT.

SJJ
St Francis
Central
Findlay
Whitmer
Lima Senior
Perrysburg
Anthony Wayne

Great league.

Southview
Northview
Bowling Green
Napoleon
Springfield
Fremont Ross
Clay
Maumee (Do they really need to leave with the Big 2 out)

I'm perfectly relaxed, I agree it would be a great couple of conference and would make sense in a message board vacuum BUT I know Anthony Wayne and Perrysburg would NEVER join a conference with Central, SJJ/SFS, and SUA/NDA, so that scenario isn't worth considering.

I'm perfectly relaxed, I agree it would be a great couple of conference and would make sense in a message board vacuum BUT I know Anthony Wayne and Perrysburg would NEVER join a conference with Central, SJJ/SFS, and SUA/NDA, so that scenario isn't worth considering.

They may have no choice soon. Exploding enrollments have them reaching Whitmer/Findlay size eventually. The TRAC is going to be the only people that actually want them at this rate

They may have no choice soon. Exploding enrollments have them reaching Whitmer/Findlay size eventually. The TRAC is going to be the only people that actually want them at this rate

Ehh...I think the AW/Perrysburg/NV/Springfield/Clay/Whitmer/Findlay conference would be as stable as any conference has been around here, with Southview/Ross determined by enrollment. The truth of the matter is that the public schools are done dealing with private schools, and this is the best way to do that while still maintaining a decent conference structure. AW and Perrysburg will always have a choice, and their choice will be to remain with the other likeminded schools (NV/Springfield/SV etc.) and if Maumee/Napoleon leaves then you take two TRAC schools between Whitmer/Clay/Findlay and be done with it. I'm willing to almost guarantee AW/Perrysburg will never be in a conference with private schools.

OK Mr. Whizzer,

If Elmwood and Woodmore leave the NBC will likely do something to replace them.

I think Gibsonburg and Lakota are happy for now where they are. I think Oak Harbor is too, but that's more of a guess than anything.

Personally I would like the NBC to add Maumee and Napoleon, but that's a big upgrade and fundamentally changes the league.

How about raiding the TAAC? Rumor is Northwood wants in. They are a little smaller than Elmwood and I'm sure most would prefer them over Napoleon for a couple of reasons. How about Ottawa Hills? They're a little smaller than Woodmore, but the TAAC is kind of a disaster already and if Northwood leaves maybe Ottawa Hills will see the need to abandon ship.

Replace two small schools looking for a better situation with two slightly smaller schools looking for a better situation. I like it, and it might do the good folks of Ottawa Hills some good to see what corn fields look like.
Otsego will likely go independent but join the ACC for football only

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Still need to find four schools and I don't see them.

I guess I'm not sure how this isn't clear...there are two pretty set scenarios at this point

Scenario 1: 4 of the remaining 6 NBC schools come over once Elmwood and Woodmore leave and destabilize the conference with the remaining two joining the SBC or TAAC depending on who they are/their geography (I think Eastwood and Rossford are almost stone cold locks to go NLL in this scenario).

Scenario 2: Defiance, Bryan, and Wauseon join up, with the remaining NWOAL schools and non-Williams County TAAC schools joining up under one of the two conference banners and the Williams County schools going to the GMC or BBC OR Northwood/OH going to the NBC and the Williams County schools joining the NWOAL, thus separating all of the private and public schools. 4th school there would likely be tougher to identify unless one of the NBC schools with a significant relationship with some NLL schools has been interested and sees an opportunity to jump (Eastwood). I could see Fostoria being a decent replacement for Defiance in this scenario for the WBL.

Thats why I think Scenario #1 is far more likely. There is no shortage of options and more likely than not scenarios here. The instability in the NBC makes this pretty easy to see IMO. I see no one being able to reconcile why teams would jump a stable league with significant history OVER teams leaving a conference that has only existed for 9 years with 6 teams in it. It's pretty clear than the NBC/NWOAL are going to be gone or completely different when this is all said and done. Of course, if Maumee jumps to the NBC, then you could easily see this being a 1 for 1 replacement...but I doubt they'll do that now that the NLL has made their intentions clear to take care of all of their members.

I guess I'm not sure how this isn't clear...there are two pretty set scenarios at this point
First, if two scenarios are "pretty set" that actually means neither is set.

Second, according to you and who else?

Scenario 1: No reason to believe Rossford, Eastwood, Otsego, Lake, or Genoa will join a league with Southview, BG, Maumee, and Napoleon when they have much better options.

Scenario 2: Bryan, Defiance, Wauseon makes sense only if they believe the NWOAL is going to implode and yes you still need a fourth. Which is why I don't see 16. And again, there is no reason for any school to leave the NBC when that league has better options before them. If someone were to leave, Rossford is the biggest and closest to the other schools you have in the division.

I guess my question still remains...what are these mystical "better options" is Maumee turns down the NBC and remains in the NLL with the belief of a small school division coming to fruition? Remaining a 6 team conference isn't feasible, and if Northwood/OH decide to stay in the TAAC your only option is raiding the NWOAL, which then activates the second scenario.

By saying "pretty set", I mean it's clear that you're either getting 4 from the NBC or Defiance, Wauseon, and Bryan while either staying at 7 or finding an 8th. The dominoes are set, you either flick them from one side (a 9 year old conference in the NBC falling apart with Maumee decling their invite and saying in the NLL after Elmwood and Woodmore leave) or the other (the NBC taking LC/PH to replace Elmwood and Woodmore and the NWOAL falling apart while the remnants join the TAAC/NLL).

The elephant in the room is that the NLL knows they have 8 teams interested...otherwise they wouldn't have made this process as public as they have, and I don't think they do this without assurances from Maumee that they're sticking around to make it work, otherwise they'd look like complete idiots.

Last edited:
I guess my question still remains...what are these mystical "better options" is Maumee turns down the NBC and remains in the NLL with the belief of a small school division coming to fruition? Remaining a 6 team conference isn't feasible, and if Northwood/OH decide to stay in the TAAC your only option is raiding the NWOAL, which then activates the second scenario.

By saying "pretty set", I mean it's clear that you're either getting 4 from the NBC or Defiance, Wauseon, and Bryan while either staying at 7 or finding an 8th. The dominoes are set, you either flick them from one side (a 9 year old conference in the NBC falling apart with Maumee decling their invite and saying in the NLL after Elmwood and Woodmore leave) or the other (the NBC taking LC/PH to replace Elmwood and Woodmore and the NWOAL falling apart while the remnants join the TAAC/NLL).

The elephant in the room is that the NLL knows they have 8 teams interested...otherwise they wouldn't have made this process as public as they have, and I don't think they do this without assurances from Maumee that they're sticking around to make it work, otherwise they'd look like complete idiots.
or do evergreen, delta, & swanton leave the NWOAL .. & Napoleon, defiance, and maumee could replace them??? cause i’ve heard a few rumors that them 3 schools are pretty unhappy in the league.

or do evergreen, delta, & swanton leave the NWOAL .. & Napoleon, defiance, and maumee could replace them??? cause i’ve heard a few rumors that them 3 schools are pretty unhappy in the league.

If those schools are leaving the NWOAL, where would they be going? I don't think there is a conference that would be able to accommodate 3 teams joining up (the TAAC would be the natural one given the schools involved, but do they have room for 3?

I think the NLL just asks Wauseon, Bryan, and Defiance to join instead of Maumee and Napoleon leaving the stronger setup with BG and Southview. I don't think Maumee leaves the NLL for the NWOAL if they declined the NBC unless they're forced out...that would be a weird fit, and I doubt Liberty Center and Patrick Henry would want to be in a conference with Maumee and Defiance given how significant that size discrepancy would be. Not outside the realm of possibility by any means, but I don't think that's anywhere near as likely as the two scenarios I laid out.

I could easily see Swanton, Delta, Evergreen, Liberty Center, Patrick Henry, and Archbold seeing what Ottawa Hills and Northwood think about jumping in if Wauseon and Bryan leave though. I think that would be a pretty great conference setup for all involved, would remove the long drives to Williams County for OH and Northwood, the private schools gaming the system the way the TCS and Stritch have been doing lately, and would have a pretty steady identity as far as size and school demographics (with OH being the obvious exception who couldn't find a home anywhere else.