Incident stops Oyler-New Miami game

From the Superintendent of Cincinnati Public Schools (Oyler's):
"During the third quarter, a hard foul occurred, followed by an unsportsmanlike act on the part of an Oyler player. Cincinnati Public Schools and Oyler High School do not condone such conduct, and administrators and coaches met with the Oyler student following the game. His actions were addressed in accordance with CPS student athletics policies.

Subsequently, it has been reported on social media and elsewhere that, during the game, racial comments were directed toward Oyler players. CPS takes these reports seriously and is investigating.

On December 4, 2020, the Board of Education implemented an anti-racism policy which has as its central purpose the elimination of racism in all of its forms in programs and activities of Cincinnati Public Schools. Critical to the implementation of that policy is ensuring that the young black men and women of Cincinnati Public Schools know they are supported and heard."
Probably should have ended their statement after the first paragraph. If some facts come out later on, they can make comments at that time. Bad look for CPS to justify that action without evidence.

Classic example of not waiting until the facts come out before passing judgment...

Judgments have time limits and appeals. What "facts" are we waiting for? A doctored game film? He kicked the kid in the head. There is NO cause for that. He knew it soon as he did it when he booked like a three year old got caught with his hand in the candy jar.

There are no fans in the stands. What could have been said on the court that the refs can't hear? Are they ignoring racial taunts? If there were violations of sportsmanship, human decency by the other team, shouldn't their coach have already taught his kids they bring it through him?

Judgments have time limits and appeals. What "facts" are we waiting for? A doctored game film? He kicked the kid in the head. There is NO cause for that. He knew it soon as he did it when he booked like a three year old got caught with his hand in the candy jar.

There are no fans in the stands. What could have been said on the court that the refs can't hear? Are they ignoring racial taunts? If there were violations of sportsmanship, human decency by the other team, shouldn't their coach have already taught his kids they bring it through him?

Kinda my whole point....

There's two posters that placed blame on the home team without providing one fact. Rather, they use the "they are known for this" analogy.

I hate stuff like this, esp in HS sports.

I didn't think the foul looked excessive. It was hard foul that you want a player to commit to prevent a layup. The kick to the head was excessive. Lol.

The fouler/kicker walked away after the foul, and it seems something incited him to kick. I imagine something was said by the kickee.

But nothing that could have been said justifies that kicking. Myles Garrett tries to hit a Steeler's QB in the head by swinging a helmet - but there was some racial/racist comment that cannot be verified that allegedly cued up the rage. A HS kid, or his friends on social media, wouldn't adopt a narrative like that to justify the unjustifiable, would they? OTOH, all kinds of things go on in these games that aren't necessarily apparent or heard.

All kinds of life lessons in there for both players and teams about how to deal with heated situations. But good lessons can only be learned from whatever the truth is.

Watch the video folks. This is nothing more than the dude from Cleveland Browns crying wolf after his got in trouble for beating up Mason Rudolph.
Interesting that I was thinking about the same thing at the same time as you. Lol.

Either a great minds thing or we are simultaneously foolish. I will go with the great minds option.

Honestly, I do not see a "hard foul". The defender makes a legitimate attempt to block a shot. The contact is not from behind. It's most certainly a foul.... But not a hard one. We see players hit the floor all the time on plays like this.

What I see here is an assault after the foul.
I suppose it depends whether we are defining "hard" as hard-legit or hard-out of bounds. I don't disagree with you, but just clarifying that it wasn't a touch foul, there was significant contact, but it was all within the normal boundaries of how the game should be played.

The "assault" part is pretty hard to argue against. Lol. Pretty self-evident.

It's like the lawyer for some guy that was charged with various crimes at the Capitol. He was asked about what his defense would be and he said, "Well, I'm not a miracle worker. There is video of my client carrying Nancy Pelosi's lectern through the building." :ROFLMAO:

I suppose it depends whether we are defining "hard" as hard-legit or hard-out of bounds. I don't disagree with you, but just clarifying that it wasn't a touch foul, there was significant contact, but it was all within the normal boundaries of how the game should be played.

Yep...

And usually, when there is a hard foul..... the person getting fouled takes offense.... not the other way around...

Like I said.... as the facts come out, then we'll get the true story

I hate stuff like this, esp in HS sports.

I didn't think the foul looked excessive. It was hard foul that you want a player to commit to prevent a layup. The kick to the head was excessive. Lol.

The fouler/kicker walked away after the foul, and it seems something incited him to kick. I imagine something was said by the kickee.

But nothing that could have been said justifies that kicking. Myles Garrett tries to hit a Steeler's QB in the head by swinging a helmet - but there was some racial/racist comment that cannot be verified that allegedly cued up the rage. A HS kid, or his friends on social media, wouldn't adopt a narrative like that to justify the unjustifiable, would they? OTOH, all kinds of things go on in these games that aren't necessarily apparent or heard.

All kinds of life lessons in there for both players and teams about how to deal with heated situations. But good lessons can only be learned from whatever the truth is.
I didn't even think the foul was all that hard but maybe it is these days.

Interesting take from Cincinnati Local 12. Not once is the kick mentioned

Shame on Cincinnati Local 12. That is incompetent coverage of this event. The ONE known fact they overlook.

Wasn't mentioned by New Miami either. Looking hard to be butt hurt here? The video says it just fine.

You're trying way too hard here champ.

Stating a FACT that New Miami didnt mention it either? That's called reason. No try needed, "champ."

If New Miami didn't feel a need to mention sprecifics (hard foul vs. kick to the head), what's got you all twisted about the news organization following suit of those trying to de-escalate? The video is there, anyone can see it. If that reasoning is hard for you, pity you.

I can only imagine how you'd expect them to report rape (now THAT's trying to hard to make a point but from our short experience together, I thought you needed it in order to comprehend. ;) )

Stating a FACT that New Miami didnt mention it either? That's called reason. No try needed, "champ."

If New Miami didn't feel a need to mention sprecifics (hard foul vs. kick to the head), what's got you all twisted about the news organization following suit of those trying to de-escalate? The video is there, anyone can see it. If that reasoning is hard for you, pity you.

I can only imagine how you'd expect them to report rape (now THAT's trying to hard to make a point but from our short experience together, I thought you needed it in order to comprehend. ;) )
New Miami did a short statement. They did not write a whole article. The video included with the story didn't mention or show the criminal act. I'm not sure what your problem is or why you're trying so hard to defend a criminal thug.

New Miami did a short statement. They did not write a whole article. The video included with the story didn't mention or show the criminal act. I'm not sure what your problem is or why you're trying so hard to defend a criminal thug.

I'm not so sure why you're so insecure about your position on this you needed to create a strawman. Well actually you do seem very insecure, "champ." No one defended the kid that kicked. Not one poster. Not me. Making it seem as if someone said that is a sure sign of insecurity. Depends level. Congratulations.

The article reflected the statements given by the school and the districts, as it should. "Hard foul,," game ended 3rd quarter," minors involved. People with brains got the idea. And the vid is available should they need more. If you need more, start a blog. lol.

I'm sure their editing policy had some input in how the story was phrased. That was all the civilized people needed. So more seriously then, how would you expect them to detail a rape? Give all the details? Photos? Or do you think the word is enough, all that most people need? Wait, never mind. Consider that rhetorical (you can google that). I don't really want to know how you would expect them to report such a thing.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure why you're so insecure about your position on this you needed to create a strawman. Well actually you do seem very insecure, "champ." No one defended the kid that kicked. Not one poster. Not me. Making it seem as if someone said that is a sure sign of insecurity. Depends level. Congratulations.

The article reflected the statements given by the school and the districts, as it should. "Hard foul,," game ended 3rd quarter," minors involved. People with brains got the idea. And the vid is available should they need more. If you need more, start a blog. lol.

I'm sure their editing policy had some input in how the story was phrased. That was all the civilized people needed. So more seriously then, how would you expect them to detail a rape? Give all the details? Photos? Or do you think the word is enough, all that most people need? Wait, never mind. Consider that rhetorical (you can google that). I don't really want to know how you would expect them to report such a thing.
They would use the word rape. Just like they should have used the word assault or kick in this article.
They should call the rapist a rapist. Just like they should the Oyler player "the assailant" or "the criminal thug". Just like we call you "the apologist" or "the excuse maker."