Republican Senator Tuberville: "Delay the Inauguration"

BlueJayFan

U.S. Sen. Tommy Tuberville of Alabama suggested in a TV interview on Thursday that President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration should be delayed - even though the date is set in the U.S. Constitution.

“We probably could have had a swearing-in and inauguration later after we got this virus behind us a little bit,” Tuberville told WKRG in Mobile. “Again, we’re talking about Washington, D.C.”

The 20th Amendment to the Constitution says that the terms of the president and vice president expire at noon on Jan. 20.

Tuberville has previously been taken to task for his lack of basic knowledge about federal government.

After his election, he botched the three branches of government in another interview.

“Our government wasn’t set up for one group to have all three branches of government — wasn’t set up that way,” Tuberville said. “You know, the House, the Senate, and the executive.”

The three branches are actually the legislative, including both the Senate and House; the executive, including the presidency, and the judicial, which includes the Supreme Court.

Tuberville, a Republican who was supported by President Donald Trump, defeated Democrat U.S. Sen. Doug Jones on Nov. 3 and took office this month. Tuberville had never held office before and is best known as a retired college football coach for Auburn University and other schools.

What a dope lmao

Thanks for posting this story.

What's the chance we hold an emergency amendment to change the date?
I would think less than a 50/50, but could be wrong.
What exactly is an "emergency amendment," and what is the Constitutional process to pass such a thing?

LOL. He embarrassed pence by talking about corruption opportunities at his swearing in. He is far from being remotely fit to be on a local school board much less the US Senate. Party of Anti-Intellectualism really went for it here.

LOL. He embarrassed pence by talking about corruption opportunities at his swearing in. He is far from being remotely fit to be on a local school board much less the US Senate. Party of Anti-Intellectualism really went for it here.
SEC! SEC! SEC!

What exactly is an "emergency amendment," and what is the Constitutional process to pass such a thing?
An emergency amendment would look alot like the emergency impeachment. Get Congress together, pass the amendment, fax to states, get ratification, adopt amendment. If we started now, we could have this done by end of today. ( Senate would have to get back in session).

A prime example of a clueless dope getting elected due to having the right party affiliation next to their name for their state or district.

Some states changed the voting laws with out following their constitution and it seems the courts were fine with it, so why can't the federal govt change the rules with out concern for what the US constitution says?

Some states changed the voting laws with out following their constitution and it seems the courts were fine with it, so why can't the federal govt change the rules with out concern for what the US constitution says?
So you’re in favor of changing the US Constitution without following the process to do so in the US Constitution?

So you’re in favor of changing the US Constitution without following the process to do so in the US Constitution?
I did not say I was in favor of making changes out side the law, I just pointed out it had been done and the courts seemed to be OK with it on the state side .

Ohio doesn’t have much of a leg to stand on (see Gym) but Gonzalez seems like a better football legacy candidate at least. Although, I’m sure many on here have a bone to pick with him now. Both of those are also House seats and not a statewide election. Definitely easier for the unqualified/crazy to win a district versus a state.

Coming from a guy who voted for a dementia patient and a hooker.

Ohio doesn’t have much of a leg to stand on (see Gym) but Gonzalez seems like a better football legacy candidate at least. Although, I’m sure many on here have a bone to pick with him now. Both of those are also House seats and not a statewide election. Definitely easier for the unqualified/crazy to win a district versus a state.
Yeah one agrees with you more than the other so he's more qualified ?