Senate/House Map 2020

you are def. a Dem. because your reading comprehension is a zero. Never said votes were not counted days later , I said most votes were counted by 10 pm. Never had vote dumps at midnight, like is the norm now.

I hope that is the norm going forward also. Unprecedented turnout POTUS election, and ESP. for a Senate run off in GA. That was remarkable.

Welfare people do not vote GOP they vote Democrat.
Then how is the South dominated by the GOP and they are some of the poorest states in the country??

1609951219592.png

I can't wait for my tax dollars to be spent bailing out CA, IL, and NY, who after digging a financial hole for 30 years want to blame COVID for their problems.
More often than not, those states have all been net contributors to the Treasury over the last 30 years than takers.

LOL highly educated. Dems won because most of their voters ( esp. Atlanta ) are on some type of welfare, and want free handouts such as 2000 dollar stimulus checks. The black vote went heavily for the Dems that is what is happening Ga. Trump really screwed the GOP candidates when he came out with that 2000 dollar stimulus idea totally stupid. Younger vote does not represent highly educated it represents I want free stuff because we are too lazy to work.

Some truth but not entirely. As others have noted, the GOP has to have the suburban vote to win, and I would say the same of the dems. Cities and especially 'burbs in rapidly growing metros are where the American population has been trending.

The more rural hard-right element of the GOP is a liability to the GOP winning in places of sprawling growth that are increasingly very different culturally from rural America, whether it's Phoenix, Atlanta, Charlotte or even Columbus, OH. This is an indisputable fact that the GOP will have to come to terms with unless they like the idea of playing second fiddle more often than not to the dems over the foreseeable future. The rural GOP is making the party hemorrhage younger to middle aged college educated voters that are more culturally cosmopolitan in the suburban battlegrounds that have to be won to yield power.

Last edited:
Here is how it goes:
1. If your guy is the Prez, and gas prices are low, they take credit.
2. If your guy is NOT the Prez, and gas prices are high, you will blame.

That is how it works.

I thought it was hilarious, and ignorant, on Facebook so many people taking a picture of the price of gas the day after the election, and posting what they morgtage rate is, and bookmarking to post again in 4 years as 'proof' it was better under Trump.

They missed one small thing: The Rona. It has changed so many things right now on those two fronts.
I took advantage of the refinance and Damn it is awesome! The lowered gas prices has not affected me much as I am working from home, but if I was still driving 160 miles per day it woulda been a boon for me.
The assumption that low gas prices are good is also a faulty assumption. Energy prices can both be cause and effect in terms of impact to the overall economy. For example, low gas prices could just mean the overall demand due to underlying economic issues is low and pulling down the price of gas with it. Also, energy prices that are too low also creates a self-fulfilling prophecy situation where it discourages investment in the energy sector when the ROI is too low to justify new exploration and increases to refining capacity. We're seeing this right now in the shale areas of Ohio, PA and WV. Drilling activity has pretty much ground to a halt due to the overall economy and a lot of people in that sector are sitting at home right now not working.

While some of your criticisms of Trump are valid you forgot to mention all the new voters Trump brought to the GOP. His most recent vote total is staggering at over 75,000,000. Trump also increased GOP support among Backs & Hispanics And last night there was ample evidence that Trump added hundreds of thousands of votes to the republican totals. These are no small feats and they're something to build on.

I agree that in the end Trump motivated more people to vote against him then for him. But Trump is a unique character who has presented the republicans with the template to win big starting in 2022 and culminating in a new POTUS in 2024. Combine a candidate with Trump's policy positions; willingness to push that agenda; and his force of personality with less obnoxious behavior and you have the recipe for election success.

If the GOP throws away everything "Trump" they will be throwing away the baby with the bath water and it will lead to the creation of a 3rd party with uncertain national election results and the potential death of the GOP. Embrace the parts of Trumpism that got 75,000,000 votes and discard the parts that pissed so many folks who otherwise might vote republican off and you are off to a good start.

Did Trump bring new voters to the GOP or to the Trump party? I believe future elections will answer this question. Will the GOP continue to be ruled by Trump or will they revert to the GOP preTrump? Which would be the better path to follow? Right now having a divided party does not seem like the way to go.

Did Trump bring new voters to the GOP or to the Trump party?
Probably? But he obviously also brought more new voters out to vote against him than he brought in to vote for him.

To use a football analogy since that is the genesis of where this site started and most of us got here, it's like the Big 12. A lot of programs in that conference putting up 40-50 points a game but losing games 56-42. Losing shootouts is not better than winning 17-14.

What is the poverty rate in rural counties in Georgia? That is not the point anyway. You talked about welfare recipients not poverty. I also made the point that this was a beatdown because of the suburban counties. Your response is irrelevant to both points. Typical.

Probably? But he obviously also brought more new voters out to vote against him than he brought in to vote for him.

To use a football analogy since that is the genesis of where this site started and most of us got here, it's like the Big 12. A lot of programs in that conference putting up 40-50 points a game but losing games 56-42. Losing shootouts is not better than winning 17-14.
My question is if the GOP breaks away from Trump will the new voters still be there for the GOP?

My question is if the GOP breaks away from Trump will the new voters still be there for the GOP?

Remains to be seen and will depend on who the new standard bearers are for the party and what their message is. I suspect voter turnout on both sides declines in elections where Trump isn't involved.

It will be good for both parties to actually have to compete for votes on an actual platform that isn't "Trump" or "Not Trump."

Some truth but not entirely. As others have noted, the GOP has to have the suburban vote to win, and I would say the same of the dems. Cities and especially 'burbs in rapidly growing metros are where the American population has been trending.

The more rural hard-right element of the GOP is a liability to the GOP winning in places of sprawling growth that are increasingly very different culturally from rural America, whether it's Phoenix, Atlanta, Charlotte or even Columbus, OH. This is an indisputable fact that the GOP will have to come to terms with unless they like the idea of playing second fiddle more often than not to the dems over the foreseeable future. The rural GOP is making the party hemorrhage younger to middle aged college educated voters that are more culturally cosmopolitan in the suburban battlegrounds that have to be won to yield power.
Dems won because they won 90 % of the black vote it is that simple. Blacks made up 32 % of the electorate, Perdue won 70 % of the white vote, hard to do much better than that. Unfortunately white voters do not vote lock stock and barrel with the GOP like blacks do with the jackasses if they did the media would call us racists.

No. The disenfranchised radical right that trump brought to the polls will stay home, which is why they are putting on a show to save the bigot and mouthbreather vote. Probably won’t work unless the Democrats awakened anti-Trump contingent stays home as well.