Boston College not playing in a bowl game

Most of the bowls will be a losing proposition for schools* if fans are limited and the fact that even in the power 5, the amount of money lost this year will be huge.

*the money schools get is based on how many tickets they sell

Most of the bowls will be a losing proposition for schools* if fans are limited and the fact that even in the power 5, the amount of money lost this year will be huge.

*the money schools get is based on how many tickets they sell
I anticipate only a handful of bowl games will be played.

It's the middle of December. I'm certain most bowl planning is nearly complete. Do you think bowls will go ahead and select teams and then wait to see if they accept or will they get the commitment before they announce the line up? I can see as few as only a dozen bowl games this year being played.

And what's the reward to the players to go to a bowl game the year? They get to sit in their hotel rooms at a warmer location? All the trips and activities will be cancelled. There's no way you can let guys get away for a few day during the holidays and most haven't been home since they arrived in June. They've pretty much been in a bumble for months now. I can understand being drained

Not surprised BC opted out. This is the same team that wanted to quit their bowl game last year with UC after it was interrupted by a thunder storm.

Many teams and many players opting out.
If a team opts out they should forfeit their share of the money the participating teams from their conference gets,

BC was one of the few schools that played a schedule of 11 games and from practice starting in the summer to the end of the schedule the Eagles had only one of Covid-related incident. To the players, especially the seniors, being at home with their families for Christmas was preferable to playing a meaningless bowl game.

Many teams and many players opting out.
If a team opts out they should forfeit their share of the money the participating teams from their conference gets,

The teams that are opting out since Sunday when the games were selected are because of COVID reasons. Hard to fault a team who is attempting to play but can't due to COVID protocols

I will be surprised if we don’t see a pandemic of this happen during bowl season
$$$$$.

Many teams lose $$ on the lesser bowls.

Many are using the Rona excuse, but in reality, they just want this shartshow to end.

The teams that are opting out since Sunday when the games were selected are because of COVID reasons. Hard to fault a team who is attempting to play but can't due to COVID protocols
Maryland - yes - they were hammered by covid.
PSU and MSU - no. PSU played all nine games.