D II State Championship: Archbishop Hoban (10-0) vs. Massillon (10-1)

Winner?

• Washington

Votes: 105 42.0%
  • Archbishop Hoban

Votes: 145 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will probably be a low scoring game. I can’t imagine either team getting to 28. I was reading through the thread, why are there so many fans from other schools posting on here ? Seems odd.

Covid. Alot of at home students online these days. Except fatboy and senseless they LIVE for Massillon threads wouldn't matter if it was a 7 on 7 in July.

That was posted on here yesterday.
Don't quote him. He's is troll #1 his posting history is 90% Massillon. Negativity. and he doesn't like us...

He's too sad to bother with.

Had him and all his aliases on block for years and haven't missed anything of value.

Do we have to stay in a hotel to beat curfew or do we get arrested for being on the road?
We still won’t be home before 10. Last weeks game didn’t even end until almost 9:30 so an hour won’t make any difference. They will probably be out in full force around Lexington and Wooster to pull us all over ?

It was a narrow Eds victory. Not that that game has any meaning today...it was week 1, and neither team even had a preseason.
And even with a 75 yd trick play they still couldn't crack 200 yds..we lost more than they won..game stats are available...

Im pretty sure everyone agrees this team is not that team who dominated ends and gifted the game...10 wins later..

And even with a 75 yd trick play they still couldn't crack 200 yds..we lost more than they won..game stats are available...

No need for game stats. Its a no brainer that Massillon, Eds, Hoban, etc would be vastly improved from week 1. There were idiots on this forum back in September that said that because Hoban crushed Eds, and Eds beat Massillon, that Hoban would win the state title easily. I laughed at their logic then and I laugh at their logic now. What happened in week 1 simply does not matter at this point. I predict a very good close game between two very good teams. Im rooting for Massillon, but I can see the game going either way.

No need for game stats. Its a no brainer that Massillon, Eds, Hoban, etc would be vastly improved from week 1. There were idiots on this forum back in September that said that because Hoban crushed Eds, and Eds beat Massillon, that Hoban would win the state title easily. I laughed at their logic then and I laugh at their logic now. What happened in week 1 simply does not matter at this point. I predict a very good close game between two very good teams. Im rooting for Massillon, but I can see the game going either way.
Transitive Property.

It seldom works in high school football.

I am back from the dead??. Decided to give Yappi a break because of guys like My2Sense and mainly Mackinbiner. I’ve been scrolling through but not posting on any threads. I believe that My2Sense is correct in saying we will go as far as Zach can take us. I believe this game will be close late, and Massillon will have the ball and either need a score to put it away or to take the lead. Either way it should one hell of a ball game between two schools that have all the aspects of a great high school football program. Great fan bases, D1 talent out the wazoo, excellent coaching. I think this has potential to be a game for the ages. I don’t remember much before 2009 Massillon Football but I can say that last year’s Hoban game was the best I’ve ever been to. I can’t say anything about ‘05 Findlay or Ed’s, but what I can say is that this should be a hell of a game. My prediction is 21-13 Massillon but I could easily see Hoban winning. And who knows, maybe 2020 throws us a curveball and this game ends up 49-45

I am back from the dead??. Decided to give Yappi a break because of guys like My2Sense and mainly Mackinbiner. I’ve been scrolling through but not posting on any threads. I believe that My2Sense is correct in saying we will go as far as Zach can take us. I believe this game will be close late, and Massillon will have the ball and either need a score to put it away or to take the lead. Either way it should one hell of a ball game between two schools that have all the aspects of a great high school football program. Great fan bases, D1 talent out the wazoo, excellent coaching. I think this has potential to be a game for the ages. I don’t remember much before 2009 Massillon Football but I can say that last year’s Hoban game was the best I’ve ever been to. I can’t say anything about ‘05 Findlay or Ed’s, but what I can say is that this should be a hell of a game. My prediction is 21-13 Massillon but I could easily see Hoban winning. And who knows, maybe 2020 throws us a curveball and this game ends up 49-45
Get a copy of the full 100th game..should be on youtube ..Best game I ever saw...

and broadcasted by ESPN no less..

1994...replay shows it wasn't a forward pitch!..lol.

Bart Start yeah him..tossed coin...Joshie McD had a great game but missed the xp that cost the game..

Definitely worth a watch. Best game I saw on film was 1964 also worth a watch.

Last edited:
Get a copy of the full 100th game..should be on youtube ..Best game I ever saw...

and broadcasted by ESPN no less..
I have seen it but it’s just one of those things I don’t necessarily have a direct connection to. Definitely an entertaining game no doubt, but obviously knowing the outcome before having been able to watch it just kind of kills some of the excitement for me. But I remember my junior year McKinley game and that was the best one I’ve been to except for last year’s Hoban game. 2017 McKinley game is special to me for a couple reasons. Of course I had friends on the team as I was still in school. But it was the first time in my life (that I can remember anyway) that Massillon had no real business being on the field that day on paper and won. On Paper, McKinley should’ve won by 3-4 scores, but it never seems to work out that way. I remember wanting Moore gone after the St V game that year. Week 9 game that we lost 10-7 after punting while down with under 3 minutes left. I’ve had some personal issues with some of the coaching staff, which is why I didn’t play past my sophomore year, but these guys seem to have really figured it out and I don’t think Nate or Becca plan on moving out of their new house on Hankins anytime soon

Transitive Property.

It seldom works in high school football.

I made the mistake of making it too big a factor in my predictions last year when I thought Massillon would be favorites over LaSalle due to their handling of Winton Woods the previous year. Oops!

41-20 Tigers over Warriors
26-21 Warriors over Lancers
34-17 Lancers and egg on my face

I still think its something to be considered when making a prediction, but don't over weight it.

I have seen it but it’s just one of those things I don’t necessarily have a direct connection to. Definitely an entertaining game no doubt, but obviously knowing the outcome before having been able to watch it just kind of kills some of the excitement for me. But I remember my junior year McKinley game and that was the best one I’ve been to except for last year’s Hoban game. 2017 McKinley game is special to me for a couple reasons. Of course I had friends on the team as I was still in school. But it was the first time in my life (that I can remember anyway) that Massillon had no real business being on the field that day on paper and won. On Paper, McKinley should’ve won by 3-4 scores, but it never seems to work out that way. I remember wanting Moore gone after the St V game that year. Week 9 game that we lost 10-7 after punting while down with under 3 minutes left. I’ve had some personal issues with some of the coaching staff, which is why I didn’t play past my sophomore year, but these guys seem to have really figured it out and I don’t think Nate or Becca plan on moving out of their new house on Hankins anytime soon
When you've been around as long as some of the older fellows you get a little bigger view.
Moore is a stud...a game here or there doesn't change that..a season or 2 doesn't. Change that. He can stay as long as he likes.
I was a senior when currence was fired and Maronto hired.
First rally I knew we had a deck and a loser...that's what a bad coach looks like.

Reactions: Bud
Curious - does anyone know how the schools are showing spirit? I imagine covid squashed pep rallies this week. Would love a good picture of the atrium.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.