Gwoc

Wayne wasn’t bad by any means and the kids didn’t quit. they were much better than they were last year as well. they were competitive in every single game.

Wayne was a great team that underachieved once again..... I blame coaching......

Why did Wayne not play in week 9, 10, and 11? Not finishing the season out is quitting regardless of the reason. Was it the coaches or the players?

Wayne will be better off going out of the area and bring in a top notch coach. That is my opinion and it is actually a popular opinion but most won't talk......

[/QUOTE="vamp2syd"]What a joke that is....... The players quit on him and did not want to finish the season. Changes are needed at Wayne and that is bringing in a coach that is not affiliated with Wayne.
Remember, this is the guy that thinks mocking the indigenous people in front of a stadium filled with spectators is not insensitive.
[/QUOTE]

Give it up with that BS..... You stated that because of tradition on this site you would not change your screen name but yet you criticize Wayne. Wayne is named after the township not Anthony Wayne. (Yes, I know the township is named after Anthony Wayne). It is Wayne high school not Anthony Wayne high school.... that school is way up North.

In what way has Wayne ever mocked indigenous people? There is nothing there whats so ever and frankly I do not give a crap what you or anyone else thinks of me. I will always have an opinion and it will be my opinion and I will not be pressured in anyway to speak otherwise.

What does him coming back next yr have to do w anything regarding this award? U were singing smoots praises all yr despite your supposed longtime allegiance to the bolts. So u should be doing cartwheels over this decision lol. Sad u cant appreciate what northmont, and rice and the rest put on display for you. Do u realize smoot was a big part of their rushing attack, with plays called for him? Rices yds were a product of him running when the protection broke down- VERY few designed plays for him. But make no mistake- rice could have put up massive yds running had they chosen to have him do so. Mite be a little deep for you to grasp so wanted to clear that up.

Lightning. U took that wrong. I think rice should got it. I think given the chance he could beat Springfield. This year. My point was this kids a jr. and could have even better year next year. Only thing I meant. I think bolts got screwed and could of beat liberty if they got past Springfield. U r taking what I said all wrong. I think rice was the better qb. But smoot has another year and should b even better. Like I said splitting hairs on their stats. I guess they felt like smoot deserved it because as far as they went in the playoffs. Bolts only get a team this good about once a decade. I know and u should know this also. Bolts won’t have the firepower they had this year. So it’s hard see them hanging with Springfield next year. Bolts lose a lot. And Springfield brings back a lot. That was all I was trying say

Last edited:
Centerville, Northmont, Springboro, and Wayne (until they get a coach) will not be a yearly power. Coach Douglas is the game changer.
Lol questione was top 3 next year. If Wayne finds a qb next year they could be really good in my opinion. Northmont loses a ton but im sure Broering will have them ready and Centerville has the talent to be good....

There is a reason why they did not finish the season. They still had 3 weeks to play but chose to turn in the equipment. That is 3 weeks of no practice nor games to improve the program moving forward. Simply put, they quit on the season be it the players or the coaching....... If the truth hurts than I am sorry.....
That is your opinion. You have no idea what the Warriors are in the locker room. Maybe they had a COVID outbreak. You getting on here and speaking out of your pie hole when you have no idea what transpired at Wayne speaks volumes to me as to your character. I know you want them to play their allotted games, I get it. But don't get on here and condemn them when you don't know the whole story.

Wayne was a great team that underachieved once again..... I blame coaching......

Why did Wayne not play in week 9, 10, and 11? Not finishing the season out is quitting regardless of the reason. Was it the coaches or the players?

Wayne will be better off going out of the area and bring in a top notch coach. That is my opinion and it is actually a popular opinion but most won't talk......
Their choice they didn't have too. Chill Minton it's over!

All I am gonna say is Jon Bruder was snubbed on POY...

This is gonna be a controversial post I know it
kid is a good solid Linebacker. Defensive POY was up in the air in my opinion. likely went to the Springfield kid because of the post-season success.

Don't forget to add Springboro, who went toe to toe with Coffman. The GWOC was top notch in Ohio in my book.

Springboro and northmont r very similar. U never know what u r gonna get year to year. Usually r at least good teams. And every now again a great team. But yes either of these two could come from nowhere year after year.

I believe Coach Mukes will leave after his son graduates which is two more years. The team lacks discipline. That’s squarely on the coaches with the head coach being the most accountable.

The best player in the GWOC the past 2 seasons offensively was Markus Allen.
Never seen Co coaches of the year who both lost to the same undefeated team.
Mo had 6 transfers start but they mad about Rice. 2 came “home” from Wayne
When does the transfer portal open? Even Springfield has holes to fill.
Is Markus Allen going to Michigan or Wisconsin. There are two guys at Northmont going to Michigan and Wisconsin, I can't think of the other ones name or where he is going.

That is your opinion. You have no idea what the Warriors are in the locker room. Maybe they had a COVID outbreak. You getting on here and speaking out of your pie hole when you have no idea what transpired at Wayne speaks volumes to me as to your character. I know you want them to play their allotted games, I get it. But don't get on here and condemn them when you don't know the whole story.

You don't want me to tell the whole story about what has happened at Wayne..... You may know what I am talking about or you may not. I am keeping quiet about that as the last thing I want to do is hurt the kids at Wayne......

The definition of quitting is not finishing something. Wayne did not finish the season and there was no Covid as they turned the equipment in that night. They had their reasons and if you know the whole story then you can always PM me on what that is. I am not blaming the kids at all, not one bit.... this is on the coaching.

The best player in the GWOC the past 2 seasons offensively was Markus Allen.
Never seen Co coaches of the year who both lost to the same undefeated team.
Mo had 6 transfers start but they mad about Rice. 2 came “home” from Wayne
When does the transfer portal open? Even Springfield has holes to fill.
No argument with markus. Both more deserving than smoot. Dont get me wrong-smoots a good player but c'mon. And u r spot on about the rice thing. They wanted him bad and he snubbed em. Douglass was crying after the loss to northmont that his quarterback wasnt getting any respect. Seriously?? lol. Clearly centerville wayne and swingfield think they r the be all end all of the gwoc