Alter vs DeSales DIII State Semi-Finals

Why doesn't Alter have to forfeit this game? Most other teams this season who had positive tests had to. Or can OHSAA and the Nazi governor make an except at this late stage of the playoffs. If so, I would be pissed if I was part of one of the teams that did have to forfeit game(s), especially a playoff game.

If you wear a mask, socially distance from players and staff during practice and no significant exposure by criteria then no need for further testing per protocols.

Hmm, the "protocols" seems to be made up as the Nazis go. Those mask are really slowing the spread.

If you wear a mask, socially distance from players and staff during practice and no significant exposure by criteria then no need for further testing per protocols.
He is right if your following OHSAA protocols there is no need for further testing.

Really, who believes that? Believe it or not the rules should apply to Alter as well.

^ I agree and I am an Alter fan. Just goes to show the Nazis apply these BS rules as they see fit. Other teams across the state who were forced to forfeited should file a lawsuit. The kids on those teams can't get back what was politically stolen from them.

^ I agree and I am an Alter fan. Just goes to show the Nazis apply these BS rules as they see fit. Other teams across the state who were forced to forfeited should file a lawsuit. The kids on those teams can't get back what was politically stolen from them.
Northmont had to forfeit for a player test positive, not even the Head Coach. This is ridiculous and hypocritical. I am guessing a Catholic school can make a different decision than a public school.

Northmont had to forfeit for a player test positive, not even the Head Coach. This is ridiculous and hypocritical. I am guessing a Catholic school can make a different decision than a public school.
Interesting. According to the rules set by OHSAA and the CDC, if you are not in contact for 48 hours after symptoms then there is no need to test further. Alter followed the rules. Northmont on the other hand had a student test positive that was active on the team within the 48 hour period, which is why they had more problems. According to the article on DDN, Domsitz was not around anyone since Friday night, with a mask on, and not talking to the team face to face with no mask for more than 6 minutes. Therefore, Alter did follow the rules. Yes it is very unfortunate that these other school had to cancel especially Northmont who was making a run for the money.

Also, Catholic schools are punished and are ousted by the state more than public schools. Take competitive for example. It is completely unfair for the Catholic schools who have to count all of the kids outside of their district as more than 1 student. How does that make any sense? These private schools are playing in divisions that they should not be in. People just can not accept the fact and have to blame schools for stuff they can not control.

Also, Catholic schools are punished and are ousted by the state more than public schools. Take competitive for example. It is completely unfair for the Catholic schools who have to count all of the kids outside of their district as more than 1 student. How does that make any sense? These private schools are playing in divisions that they should not be in. People just can not accept the fact and have to blame schools for stuff they can not control.
they can also recruit players, if you haven't forgot. a private school should not be in the same division as a public school that has the same amount of students.

First and foremost I hope that coach Domsitz recovers fully. I think everyone has that as the number one goal.
Second, I wouldnt wish a forfeit on my worst enemy. I would rather get beat on the field. At least you know someone was better than you.
that brings me to my final point, I know each case is handled differently but this really sucks for forfeiting schools. Wilmington was in the exact situation. Coach tested positive and they forfeited out of the tournament. it just looks like some foul play to others outside the Alter fan base. I couldn’t imagine being a kid on any team that had to forfeit and making any sense of this.

First and foremost I hope that coach Domsitz recovers fully. I think everyone has that as the number one goal.
Second, I wouldnt wish a forfeit on my worst enemy. I would rather get beat on the field. At least you know someone was better than you.
that brings me to my final point, I know each case is handled differently but this really sucks for forfeiting schools. Wilmington was in the exact situation. Coach tested positive and they forfeited out of the tournament. it just looks like some foul play to others outside the Alter fan base. I couldn’t imagine being a kid on any team that had to forfeit and making any sense of this.
I think Alter got away with it because Domsitz couldn't be contact traced back to anyone else. They followed all the rules and could end up saving a state championship run, if they were to win it all.

First and foremost I wish the coach a speedy recovery and hope he’s better soon. Having said that every team wants to win the game on the field and don’t want an asterisks next to anything they accomplish this year. With that in mind this year is different, where did the coach contact covid from? It’s my understanding the only people he’s around is his football team, which tells me some player gave it to him that wasn’t showing signs. That to me is a problem, to say the head football coach of a football team has no contact with his team is totally being naive, ignorant, and blind to an important situation. What if desales is fortunate enough to win this game but then because this game is played their kids contact covid and then have to miss out on playing for a state title? To me the right thing to do would make every coach and player for Alter be tested before this game, I know people will disagree but I think it’s the responsible thing to do if you want the game to be played for both teams involved.