Time to address the elephant in the room as we head towards the finals.

They will not stay on the same trajectory. It’s just like the second increase in July that lasted for two weeks and scared people then the numbers went down. Same thing again happened in late august/September. People will get scared by the big numbers, DeWine will give a verbal punishment to the terrible people gathering at weddings, the numbers will go down and DeWine thinks he accomplished something. Wash, rinse, repeat.
We’re six weeks into this trend with no sign it is slowing. It appears to even be accelerating. Plus we’ll have more people inside in coming weeks which will push the numbers higher. Plus Thanksgiving.

I don’t think you understand the precarious position Ohio is in right now.
I don’t think you understand how devastating to the entire state another full lockdown would be. DeWine and his advisors thankfully do, and will not implement one again.

Enjoy watching the state championship games next weekend, even though you’re probably one of the panic fanatics that was swearing all up and down Yappi boards all summer that we wouldn’t have a season. I’ll hopefully be cheering on my team along with the rest my community that’s done their job to give our kids a season after they had a basketball title stripped away.

If there are no fans allowed to watch the title games in person, then the PPV should be rescinded and made free for all to watch the games through the OHSAA. This year is f&^($% anyway, so why not give up some money and let everyone enjoy the title games?

I've heard of whole teams being removed from the tournament due to the disease. Also individual players have had to sit out and miss games. Who is making the call on this? Is it the schools or the overseeing Health Department? Are there standards across the board or could it be administered differently in different locations?

I've heard of whole teams being removed from the tournament due to the disease. Also individual players have had to sit out and miss games. Who is making the call on this? Is it the schools or the overseeing Health Department? Are there standards across the board or could it be administered differently in different locations?
Local health departments working with the schools make those decisions

We’re six weeks into this trend with no sign it is slowing. It appears to even be accelerating. Plus we’ll have more people inside in coming weeks which will push the numbers higher. Plus Thanksgiving.
Unfortunately, it’s all going to be for naught in the end. Post-Acton DeWine is the “trust people to do the things necessary to stop the spread” Governor. We see where the numbers are trending; we’re staring down another stern lecture tomorrow night that is buoyed by a county map colored on the basis of weird, convoluted criteria and data points that carries with it no teeth or mandate.

At this point, I’m inching closer to apathy on this whole saga. The fact that millions of Ohioans think they have to touch the stove to know that it’s hot, after eight months of being told that it is, is depressing and beyond my capacity to care.

Worked in healthcare for almost 2 decades. One thing is always true in late OCT - DEC: hospitalizations spike. Why - flu season hits & vulnerable populations are affected. The difference this year is every person admitted is tested for COVID. That doesn’t mean they were admitted BECAUSE of COVID.

As for sports, nothing that has happened at any of these kids events has been tied to the increase in hospitalizations.

He skipped his normal presser to speak tomorrow night. I wonder if there's not more than just some "Dad talk" coming. He implied as much last Thursday.

He moved it to evening because people that work don't actually care to listen to him during the day and the numbers of people "tuning in" have dwindled.

He thinks if he can get more people's attention then people will start to listen to him.
I was a the grocery store just 2 hours ago and 95 percent of the people had a mask on. People are wearing mask and it's not stopping a damn thing.
It's a virus and it will run it's course. If you don't want it..lock your self at home. If you don't give a s*** enjoy life and fight the virus off with the medicine that we currently have to fight it.

I'm expecting some actions from Dewine tomorrow. Guessing one will be schools forced to go full remote. Based on the conversation that Husted had with basketball coaches by zoom last night, I am guessing sports will continue the next couple weeks.........but if cases continue to grow winter sports will get shut down.

I'm expecting some actions from Dewine tomorrow. Guessing one will be schools forced to go full remote. Based on the conversation that Husted had with basketball coaches by zoom last night, I am guessing sports will continue the next couple weeks.........but if cases continue to grow winter sports will get shut down.
Agreed

The WHO has advised against lockdowns. Lockdowns have not worked in Europe. Lockdowns lead to depression, suicides, domestic issues. On line learning is crushing the education of millions of students not to mention the social aspects of school they will never experience. Cases are up, death rates are down. Many even most of people testing Positive have mild or almost no symptoms. We now have a vaccine that supposedly 90% effective. Rather then crushing the economy at the most important time of the retail year let’s tough it out, there is hope on the horizon.

As far as cancelling the games, I don't think it will happen unless one of the qualifying teams has an outbreak at their school.

Some people take Covid seriously, others don't. From the beginning, I have challenged those who think it's a hoax to put their money where their mouth is and go and help out with the Covid patients at a local hospital. The only catch is, you get NO PPE! If you truly think it's a hoax, what do you have to lose? It's funny, most of the same people who deny Covid, believe in Qanon and think there's an invisible man in the sky!