Massillon vs Lasalle

Status
Not open for further replies.
1604848670432.png

I actually agree with you. Now, having said that, I have a couple of questions for you. Because Ed's and Iggy were "down", does that make them bad teams this season? Where do you believe those 2 teams would have finished in the Federal League this past season?

Dont feed the trolls. Losses to Ed or Iggy when WE were "down" count too. Obviously both could sleep walk through the FL this year.

I actually agree with you. Now, having said that, I have a couple of questions for you. Because Ed's and Iggy were "down", does that make them bad teams this season? Where do you believe those 2 teams would have finished in the Federal League this past season?
Eds and Iggy would wipe the floor with any Fed team almost any year. This year included.

Doubtful any team in the fed could've managed a winning season with Massillon's schedule.

Lake, Glenoak (definitely) and Jackson (likely) would have gone 0-6.

This is going to be a fantastic matchup as both teams have a lot of offensive talent. If Massillon plays a first half like they did against Perry last week, they won't win. Perry gained way too many yards on the ground vs. their D last week and LaSalle is definitely going to score in this game and have success running the football.

Massillon SHOULD score, however, they are facing a much more athletic secondary this week and are going to be much better coached (granted, who has had their own problems this year, but they are tons better than Perry athletically). They still have such superior talent that there isn't much excuse for them not to have success.

It has all the makings of a shootout, with one HUGE caveat. Massillon's players seem EXTREMELY undisciplined. They trash talk like punks and get USC penalties all the time (at least the last 2 weeks they have). If they could just shut their holes and play football, I would give them a slight edge. But given what I saw the last 2 weeks from them, I expect they are going to lose this game mentally as opposed to physically. Something like 41-38

Tiger fans arguing with Tiger fans. Who would have thunk it? This is the year to get that humongous 0 off of your back. Up to the challenge?

Dont feed the trolls. Losses to Ed or Iggy when WE were "down" count too. Obviously both could sleep walk through the FL this year.
I get it, and I don't always like to feed the trolls, but sometimes it is just fun to hold their feet to the fire and ask them a question that even they can't possibly answer the way that they would like to, because that answer would make them sound more idiotic than they usually do.

I think it's fair to assume this is not a real Tiger fan. Someone with 2 posts all-time who joined a week ago....wouldn't surprise me if it was a anti Massillon troll trying to stir crap.
I’m as real as they come. It’s just funny when people refer to Cincy as N Kentucky or Toledo as Michigan

Massillon's players seem EXTREMELY undisciplined. They trash talk like punks and get USC penalties all the time (at least the last 2 weeks they have).

This. Why, oh, why?!? Week after week after week—year after year after year for one particular individual. Just can’t shutup and let their great play speak for itself. Very disappointing.

I think LaSalle will always be a title contender. First of all they have great athletes, secondly, they have very good coaching and thirdly, they play a brutal schedule every year. Massillon has wisely adopted this philosophy since the arrival of Nate Moore. I believe that Massillon too can be a contender year after year because of this. They need to continue to schedule Ignatius, St. Edward, Benedictine....I'd also like to see a series with Hoban and possibly LaSalle or Winton Woods. Some years you may go 10-0, some years you might go 8-2 or 7-3 but you'll be battle tested for the playoffs, not to mention the environments these types of games create.

Status
Not open for further replies.