Shutdown on the way?

During the questions* segment of the presser he said he would not rule out shutting things down.

"nothing is off the table, let me make it very clear, nothing is off the table"
"anytime you start shutting things down, and I'm not saying I won't do that, there are consequences" (no kidding)

and his obligatory infusion of fear to the masses....

"anybody that looks at it (the information he his spewing) should be scared to death"

So you're saying he is that stupid?

Not how it works. COVID grows around double every 2 to 3 weeks. Maybe I should have used smaller words for you.

Yeah, that's basically what I just said, moron. It hasn't come close to doubling in either timeframe. If it was, we would have hit 8000 cases a week ago.

Maybe you should google terms before you try and sound smarter than you actually are. ?

Umm yes it did. We were at 2500 around 2-3 weeks ago. We were over 5000 today.

You can’t pick two days three weeks apart and call it exponential, boob. That’s not how it works.

You can say “positives are trending up, and it’s cause for concern” and not sound like a moron. Why not do that instead? ?‍♂️

So you're saying he is that stupid?

Well, he said we can't get a green color on his Crayola scale until we get a vaccine or herd immunity..... Since he wants to keep people from getting infected, how we gonna get to herd immunity?

So yeah, other than being obsessed with playing God, he's stupid

Yes...it would be. I didn’t bring up the death rate. However hospitalizations are increasing by a lot and we are having issues where I live. But by all means, continue laughing. Makes you look like a real man.
Isn't the death rate the most important stat? Do you seriously not know what exponential means or are you just playing stupid like Proderp?

Well, he said we can't get a green color on his Crayola scale until we get a vaccine or herd immunity..... Since he wants to keep people from getting infected, how we gonna get to herd immunity?

So yeah, other than being obsessed with playing God, he's stupid

I was just checking to make sure I wasn't alone here.

What do you expect dummy to do when we tell him to pound sand?

How am I wrong? We could potentially hit 10,000 per day. I think we cap around 8 though. But please, tell me how I’m wrong.
Pick a sport and post in said forum. This side-o-things is a cesspool of the absolute lowest common denominator.

As long as folks continue to ignore advice, then yes. There may be a 2 to 4 week shutdown which will do considerably less damage to the economy than the way it is currently going.
If the rubes actually listen to advice (wear a mask and stop having hillbilly jamborees), then maybe we can avoid it. Either way, Trump handled it poorly from day one. I think there is a shutdown coming before Biden takes office though. Our numbers are out of control. Hospitals in my neck of the woods are at capacity. This is a problem.

What scientific evidence is there that a 2 - 4 week shutdown would have any lasting effect on covid spread? Europe is the perfect example of what happens the moment you open back up - the virus begins moving rapidly through the community. Unless a vaccine is only a couple of weeks away it makes no sense to shut down for a couple of weeks.

And what evidence do you have that mask wearing is helping to slow the spread? It seems that covid spread has accelerated since mask mandates wen into effect across Ohio & the Country. Sure you can blame the hillbillies for not wearing masks but I'm seeing 99% compliance in Hamilton, Butler, Warren & Clermont counties and all of these counties are seeing case spikes.

So lets agree that a two week shut done does nothing. The only reason you call for such a stupid thing is if you're lying and you know that 2 weeks will lead to 6 months.

And if you shut down for a long time two things will happen:

* Serious damage will be done to the economy and society.

* there will be mass disregard for the shutdown orders forcing Biden to arrest people as he works hard to unit all Americans.

Last edited:
Reactions: y2h
I do. And I know that the two hospitals in my town are at capacity.

When you say "at capacity" what do you mean? Most hospitals run at or near capacity in order to make a profit. Are you saying that where you live in Ohio patients are being turned away from hospitals because they're being overrun with covid cases? If this is the case can you tell us where in Ohio you are?

Not for long. That’s how exponential growth works. 550p cases today. Want to take bets on when we hit 8000? Deaths and hospitalizations on the rise.

As cases explode we are not seeing a similar explosion in deaths and hospitalizations.

Pick a sport and post in said forum. This side-o-things is a cesspool of the absolute lowest common denominator.

Really? The debate forum is rough on folks who show up and jump into threads with little knowledge on the topic. Ditto for those who show up here to push an agenda.

I’m not going to waste any more time arguing with a simpleton.

It's amazing how quickly you guys throw in the towel when you show up here and spout MSM talking points and people actually dare to argue with you about them.

Get with the program and understand that on all things covid the MSM is doing a piss poor job of telling you what's going on. How much of this is by design or through incompetence is unknown.

Bet it gets worse. I say that hoping I lose the bet, but Rona wasn’t about the election.
How can it get worse. Joe, and the democrats have the perfect plan to shut it dowm. Plus with mask mandates, how can it possibly get worse. Remember how great masks work . Lol

Under the Constitution, the only thing Biden can shut down are federal buildings and military bases. The power to shut down things like stores, gyms, amusement parks, etc., belong to the governor of each individual state. So stop spreading rumors about what Biden can and cannot do.