Shutdown on the way?

zeeman

Now that Biden is official is he going to shut down the USA? I think if he does the economy wont recover for several years. What say you Rona phobes?

Biden is not official yet. However, yes, he will shut things down and FOLLOW Europe's lead.

Biden is not official yet. However, yes, he will shut things down and FOLLOW Europe's lead.

A shutdown will not be to the Dems advantage once he would be President. Biden will sign a empty nation mask mandate EO that will have zero power. Then the propaganda will be that the surge in new cases is well under control now that Biden is in charge and focus will shift to show COVID weakening to the level of the flu.

A shutdown will not be to the Dems advantage once he would be President. Biden will sign a empty nation mask mandate EO that will have zero power. Then the propaganda will be that the surge in new cases is well under control now that Biden is in charge and focus will shift to show COVID weakening to the level of the flu.
Why would a national mask mandate mean anything, when I assume most states have the mask mandate anyway?

Now that Biden is official is he going to shut down the USA? I think if he does the economy wont recover for several years. What say you Rona phobes?
Dumb question.

We all know that with him in power that the danger of the Rona will given less coverage and scaring less people.

As long as folks continue to ignore advice, then yes. There may be a 2 to 4 week shutdown which will do considerably less damage to the economy than the way it is currently going.
If the rubes actually listen to advice (wear a mask and stop having hillbilly jamborees), then maybe we can avoid it. Either way, Trump handled it poorly from day one. I think there is a shutdown coming before Biden takes office though. Our numbers are out of control. Hospitals in my neck of the woods are at capacity. This is a problem.
Do you live in Ohio?

As long as folks continue to ignore advice, then yes. There may be a 2 to 4 week shutdown which will do considerably less damage to the economy than the way it is currently going.
If the rubes actually listen to advice (wear a mask and stop having hillbilly jamborees), then maybe we can avoid it. Either way, Trump handled it poorly from day one. I think there is a shutdown coming before Biden takes office though. Our numbers are out of control. Hospitals in my neck of the woods are at capacity. This is a problem.
?

Um.
We shut down the country for what, 8 weeks, already during a time when people could get outside with nice weather and it didnt do anything to end this.

We dont need a shut down nor will we get one. The end game was achieved, which was to create enough fear so mail in ballots would overwhelm the system and allow fraud to occur.

You won, we get it. Now it is time to let America get back to normal so JoMala can proclaim how they fixed America.

If this rona thingy is as deadly as they say, we'll all be dead by the end of January.

Babbles does not have any authority to issue a mask mandate.

Who's going to enforce it?

DeWine pretty much telegraphed that it's coming last week. Expect it sometime after Thanksgiving. That way they can finger-wag at everyone for having the nerve to have dinner together and get ahead of the holiday festivities

DeWine pretty much telegraphed that it's coming last week. Expect it sometime after Thanksgiving. That way they can finger-wag at everyone for having the nerve to have dinner together and get ahead of the holiday festivities

He can't be that stupid.

Ohio Trump +8

Um.
We shut down the country for what, 8 weeks, already during a time when people could get outside with nice weather and it didnt do anything to end this.

We dont need a shut down nor will we get one. The end game was achieved, which was to create enough fear so mail in ballots would overwhelm the system and allow fraud to occur.
Not one person with any sanity claimed it would "end" because of shut downs. Not even in the most perfect implementation, let alone the absolute refusal of a significant population to even try. Trumpsters not holding a monopoly if even a majority on that.

If Dems were that smart and the Pubs that f-in stupid they couldn't stop this conspiracy, the Dems never would have lost 4 years ago and most certainly deserved to win every house and senate seat this time around. Can't wait to see what they have in the works for the court..

What is so odd about the narrative is that it's so called Pubs calling themselves stupid, saying they got out-foxed when they knew the fox was in the hen-house. smh.

Not for long. That’s how exponential growth works. 550p cases today. Want to take bets on when we hit 8000? Deaths and hospitalizations on the rise.

I’m not sure you know how exponential growth works, but carry on lol.

He can't be that stupid.

Ohio Trump +8

During the questions* segment of the presser he said he would not rule out shutting things down.

"nothing is off the table, let me make it very clear, nothing is off the table"
"anytime you start shutting things down, and I'm not saying I won't do that, there are consequences" (no kidding)

and his obligatory infusion of fear to the masses....

"anybody that looks at it (the information he his spewing) should be scared to death"