Division 1 State Semi: St. Xavier versus Springfield

Not to hijack the thread, but briefly on the Northmont thing - did Northmont have their own policy requiring everyone to get tested to participate?

If not, my question is who is the football player who basically screwed over his entire team? I don't blame a player for getting it (or being around someone who got it). I do blame a player for taking a test in the first place, and even worse, revealing a positive test result to ANYONE.

Despite what some on here may tell you or want you to believe, nobody can force you to take a COViD test, reveal a positive COViD result, and or participate in contact tracing - NOBODY.

Now it is possible that the school could have a policy that requires you to provide a negative test once they determine you were in contact with someone who tested positive (maybe a staff member or not a football player) in order to go back to school/participate in sports. But if that were the case, then he should have simply gone ON HIS OWN to get a test and if positive, refused to reveal the results to anyone.

In any event. I am quite sure that players on the remaining teams know that if they don't feel well, don't come in. But whatever they do, do not, do not, do not agree to get tested.

Are there any Piquans (Piquites?, Piqueros?— what is the correct term there, for Piqua natives) or else Springfielders (Springfieldians? Springfieldites?) who can recommend the best LOCAL places to eat in Piqua? Not looking for any chain restaurants...

Are there any Piquans (Piquites?, Piqueros?— what is the correct term there, for Piqua natives) or else Springfielders (Springfieldians? Springfieldites?) who can recommend the best LOCAL places to eat in Piqua? Not looking for any chain restaurants...

311 Drafthouse or 3 Joe's would be my reccomendations and leaning towards 3 Joes..good pizza and Italian.

Reactions: 4GX
Wow. This thread is giving me some flashbacks to the Colerain vs. _________ GCL school threads from back in the day.

Hope the Cards can stay in the mix for those to be a thing again some day.

No dog in the fight but I will take X with the game in hand late 3rd quarter.

I'm an X fan and feel like I know football pretty well. And I promise you, Springfield has more than "a chance" to win this game. And I promise you the X coaching staff and players understand this as well.
I really doubt it. In my opinion 2 teams from region 1 should make it and region 4 should just be left out.

Is this game televised? I am looking forward to another good football game. Hopefully as good as last Friday when I was shock by the defense of LW to hold X to only 10.

Is this game televised? I am looking forward to another good football game. Hopefully as good as last Friday when I was shock by the defense of LW to hold X to only 10.
That's what I am wondering, I know Spectrum can pick up any game they want and I would guess they would pick this one up as well. The problem is you have to pay $10 for low quality broadcasting. Sometimes they don't start the stream till late in the 3rd quarter.

You can either have Spectrum One (if you live in Northeast Ohio) or you can go to the OHSAA's website, and follow their link to their TV streaming casts (Boxlink) that are done in conjunction with Spectrum Cable-- it is available (or should be) for $9.99 over the internet...

That said, I noticed problems with the streamcast last week-- it kept cutting out every 5-10 minutes for a few seconds at a time (the computer screen would go black, then it would come back up with the picture, maybe 5 seconds later)... I'm not sure if this was caused by Spectrum's feed, or some glitch on the internet, or maybe my wireless network in my house, or maybe the fact that I was not sitting at my computer-- I was watching the picture on a big-screen TV linked to the computer with an HDMI cable (so maybe the screen saver was trying to kick on, sensing screen activity)-- did others who watched the streamiest from OHSAA/Spectrum experience the same thing last week?

This broadcast should be good as it is a tv game actually shown on Spectrum news 1. Will kickoff a few minutes late due to tv but should be fine. I saw where there were technical difficulties during the Badin/Alter game last week and everyone was refunded. I have Spectrum so doesn't affect me. I will splitscreen the two D1 games on my computer mirrored to my tv and watch WW/Lasalle online on another computer. Would much rather be in Piqua but 2020 and all.

That's what I am wondering, I know Spectrum can pick up any game they want and I would guess they would pick this one up as well. The problem is you have to pay $10 for low quality broadcasting. Sometimes they don't start the stream till late in the 3rd quarter.
The game streamcast started at 6:45 PM-- there was not really a problem with it starting late... this one should be available this weekend-- it's one of only two semifinals tonight.

3 Joes, 311 Drafthouse, El Tequila. Drafthouse and 3 Joes are in downtown area. El Tequila is about 2 minutes from stadium.

You can either have Spectrum One (if you live in Northeast Ohio) or you can go to the OHSAA's website, and follow their link to their TV streaming casts (Boxlink) that are done in conjunction with Spectrum Cable-- it is available (or should be) for $9.99 over the internet...

That said, I noticed problems with the streamcast last week-- it kept cutting out every 5-10 minutes for a few seconds at a time (the computer screen would go black, then it would come back up with the picture, maybe 5 seconds later)... I'm not sure if this was caused by Spectrum's feed, or some glitch on the internet, or maybe my wireless network in my house, or maybe the fact that I was not sitting at my computer-- I was watching the picture on a big-screen TV linked to the computer with an HDMI cable (so maybe the screen saver was trying to kick on, sensing screen activity)-- did others who watched the streamiest from OHSAA/Spectrum experience the same thing last week?
LW/StX did black out for a few seconds some times but really didn't miss much. It must have been the feed because it was on the replay I just watched this AM.

I’ve watched the X game Live and in its entirety the past 2 weeks on Specrum’s live stream for $10. No issue. As far as I know, there is no free feed but I figure it’s not a bad deal since it basically the price of one ticket.
Here’s this weeks game:

This was not just you, had the same problem. The broadcast is ok, though the commentators have been, well, low budget.

Unfortunately, not going to be able to make it to Piqua for the game this evening. I'll be hooking up the laptop to the regular tv, opening the taps in the beer fridge, and hoping for a smooth broadcast, a clean game, and of course, a Bomber win!

This was not just you, had the same problem. The broadcast is ok, though the commentators have been, well, low budget.

Unfortunately, not going to be able to make it to Piqua for the game this evening. I'll be hooking up the laptop to the regular tv, opening the taps in the beer fridge, and hoping for a smooth broadcast, a clean game, and of course, a Bomber win!
I agree with most all of what you say (and I commend you on your evening plans)-- but I would like to say that I thought (former Anderson coach?) Vince Suriano was pretty darn decent on last week's broadcast-- I don't think Tim Bray adds anything, but they always have SOMEBODY as the "play-by-play" guy to go with the color guy... Bray is not very accurate, to say the least...