ST X or Lakota West?

West had that game won about 3 different times. How do let Clifford behind the defense?

Great player.

Great game. Obviously the missed field goal by West loomed big but the holding penalty 2 plays before that nullified a first down. The holding penalty on 4th gave X another shot and a much more manageable 4th and 2. But West inconsistency on offense which has been a problem all year ultimately cost them.

West had that game won about 3 different times. How do let Clifford behind the defense?

Great player.
I agree but they had other chances on that drive to get off the field. I mean they held them to nothing twice inside the 10. Not being able to move the chains on offense and score when they were inside the 10 up 7-3 was a major factor to.

X QB grew up big time in that game. You have to hand it to him. He didn’t make the horrible mistake, he saw all sorts of reads against a great defense then had the head and talent to deliver the ball when there was no other chances. Kudos to McCaughey. Great job X receivers for catching them as well.

Now X has played an elite defense.
Their coverage game was as good as it gets, tons of speed. Surprised X didn't force the run more as soon as they saw it was working. Two great teams, I am willing to eat a little crow, maybe a crow egg, about that defense

Their coverage game was as good as it gets, tons of speed. Surprised X didn't force the run more as soon as they saw it was working. Two great teams, I am willing to eat a little crow, maybe a crow egg, about that defense
Think if somebody told you last year that Lakota West in 2020, in 2 games against Colerain and 1 game against St. X, woukd hold them to a combined total of 17 pts!

Think if somebody told you last year that Lakota West in 2020, in 2 games against Colerain and 1 game against St. X, woukd hold them to a combined total of 17 pts!
That's insane. This defense is reminiscent of some of those great Colerain defenses from over the years. West has always had lots of talent, but they've now got one of the best coaches in the state. Plus, now that they're winning they'll continue to get more and more transfers.

Looks like immovable post wins this one. Really great defense. Great game - could have gone either way. Obviously the rush 3 drop 8 scheme worked great against the pass. Wish X would have exploited it a little earlier and more with the run but can’t argue with the result.

I can’t believe I am actually hoping that they play the semis in Welcome and they let 10% in. And if I have to watch on tv, please god anyone but Tim Bray (where was Greg Frey???).

That's insane. This defense is reminiscent of some of those great Colerain defenses from over the years. West has always had lots of talent, but they've now got one of the best coaches in the state. Plus, now that they're winning they'll continue to get more and more transfers.
Agreed, their team speed on defense was tremendous, just like those great Colerain D's. If they can shore up against the run, and get ANYTHING from their offense, they will be a power. Will Bolden stay after any younger Bolden's graduate?

Saw a clip of the final TD. Was there a breakdown in coverage? The clip shows the QB staring down Clifford for about 4-5 seconds and then Clifford is standing in the end zone waiting on the ball in the corner. Did he come across the field or from the slot?

Saw a clip of the final TD. Was there a breakdown in coverage? The clip shows the QB staring down Clifford for about 4-5 seconds and then Clifford is standing in the end zone waiting on the ball in the corner. Did he come across the field or from the slot?
Saw a better clip on facebook. Clifford on the inside and the safety hesitated on his break to the corner. The Fox 19 clip made it seem like he beat the corner.

Saw a better clip on facebook. Clifford on the inside and the safety hesitated on his break to the corner. The Fox 19 clip made it seem like he beat the corner.
Yeah, with the safety rolled to the middle and the corners tight outside, it was a pretty simple corner route with the wide db's being occupied short. It was a great play call and a good read by the QB, who had to be patient enough to get the corners to stay on the short routes. You can really see the play develop nicely, and that ball seemed to be in the air forever. It was the best read X's QB made all night.

If you think X cares where they play, nobody can help you. LOL! Good Luck West.
I was answering a previous post. Turned out that it was a really good game. LW could have easily won it. This match up will happen again for the same reasons... regularly moving forward. Lakota West is just getting its program started. Better light would help too.