ST X or Lakota West?

Not sure if it will matter but LW does start two D1 corners. X receivers are the best in the area so that will be a fun battle to watch. I think West has the edge in the running game. Can West score enough points is the question.
Here is something to think about. Lakota Wests corners haven't been tested at all in GMC play They have only played 1 team that has a receiver with more than 20 catches on the season (Oak Hills)? For X Clifford has 54 Catches Patterson 54 McFarlin 29 Cates 19 Kellom (RB) 15 and Vrsansky(RB) 14. It will not be about how well their corners cover it will be about how well their team covers namely linebackers and safeties too.

Here is something to think about. Lakota Wests corners haven't been tested at all in GMC play They have only played 1 team that has a receiver with more than 20 catches on the season (Oak Hills)? For X Clifford has 54 Catches Patterson 54 McFarlin 29 Cates 19 Kellom (RB) 15 and Vrsansky(RB) 14. It will not be about how well their corners cover it will be about how well their team covers namely linebackers and safeties too.
heh— I like that— that tells a lot about the GMC— Oak Hills (MIGHTY OAK HILLS) is the only team (at least that West played) that has a receiver with more than 20 catches... it’s like the whole league forgot that there is this other option on offense— called the forward pass... might as well be playing rugby.

Are you sure? There’s a guy on Yappi here (Stark County Legend) using ”advanced analytics” who has this game projected at:
LW-27
X- 20

Your response to him was pretty hilarious. You actually got mad that someone would be insane enough to suggest that West show up for the game lol.

Your response to him was pretty hilarious. You actually got mad that someone would be insane enough to suggest that West show up for the game lol.
I got mad? How do you figure? Using the same analytics that he is, I guess...

Don't you understand? The more confident you are your team will win and the more you spout about on Yappi, the better chance they have of actually winning. It's the little known "Blowhard prediction" bonus and it is worth almost 4 points a game (3.78 to be exact),

This is a fair take. Both corners are D1 (one to tOSU) so I'm not terribly concerned there. West will ride or die with the coverage by the LBs, as well as the DL being able to put some bodies on McCaughey. If those happen, they have a punchers chance. If not, then it'll probably be a long night.

This is a fair take. Both corners are D1 (one to tOSU) so I'm not terribly concerned there. West will ride or die with the coverage by the LBs, as well as the DL being able to put some bodies on McCaughey. If those happen, they have a punchers chance. If not, then it'll probably be a long night.

Personally, I think it's a hard one to call. It's very possible Lakota West is the best defense X has played yet this year. It's very likely X is the top offense Lakota West has played all year. Bolden's experience and success against Specht is certainly a plus - HOWEVER - given that Specht doesn't call the offense or the defense anymore, and the offense really doesn't look anything like it has in the past, not sure how much that matters.

As always, don't see any point in predicting, so I won't - but certainly looking forward to watching.

Personally, I think it's a hard one to call. It's very possible Lakota West is the best defense X has played yet this year. It's very likely X is the top offense Lakota West has played all year. Bolden's experience and success against Specht is certainly a plus - HOWEVER - given that Specht doesn't call the offense or the defense anymore, and the offense really doesn't look anything like it has in the past, not sure how much that matters.

As always, don't see any point in predicting, so I won't - but certainly looking forward to watching.

Agreed. Obviously X is the favorite, but I choose to remain cautiously optimistic that West will at least show up.

I was thinking about this as well. It can be argued that teams were afraid of testing those corners, but looking at the GMC stats as a whole, no team seems to throw the ball much outside of Princeton, and their passing offense seemed to be long ball oriented. Those two corners may be very good, and the athletic matchup between them and Clifford and Patterson will be interesting. What has made this X offense extremely dangerous over the past few weeks is that they are not reliant on these two, and not reliant on purely athletic matchups. Their offensive scheme overall has been great at creating open spaces and mismatches for any of their skill players, and that is what makes them so tough to deal with, not to mention a very good offensive line that gives the QB time to make several reads.

Reactions: 4GX
I was thinking about this as well. It can be argued that teams were afraid of testing those corners, but looking at the GMC stats as a whole, no team seems to throw the ball much outside of Princeton, and their passing offense seemed to be long ball oriented. Those two corners may be very good, and the athletic matchup between them and Clifford and Patterson will be interesting. What has made this X offense extremely dangerous over the past few weeks is that they are not reliant on these two, and not reliant on purely athletic matchups. Their offensive scheme overall has been great at creating open spaces and mismatches for any of their skill players, and that is what makes them so tough to deal with, not to mention a very good offensive line that gives the QB time to make several reads.
Which he seems to do with high proficiency— it looks to me like he regularly looks at 2 or 3 receivers, before choosing who to throw to...

Agreed. Obviously X is the favorite, but I choose to remain cautiously optimistic that West will at least show up.
I have little doubt Lakota West will do more than just "show up" - and anybody that thinks otherwise is a complete fool. I have no reason to believe that the X coaching staff and players think anything else despite what some Yappi blowhards may say.

when X scrimmage LW the starters were winning 17-0 and that was without Clifford or Versanski playing. it doesn't mean this game will be the same but i tend to think X has more playmakers

when X scrimmage LW the starters were winning 17-0 and that was without Clifford or Versanski playing. it doesn't mean this game will be the same but i tend to think X has more playmakers

FWIW...when the starters came out, it was 17-14. That said, yes...X definitely has more playmakers.

So, if even Lakota West players only get two tickets to this game (which is what I am hearing) instead of ~six (which is what X has been allocating to both teams’ players at its stadium), wouldn’t it have been in the interest of LW to allow the game to be played somewhere else with a bigger seating capacity, to enable more of even their own LW fans to attend?

I understand that a school wants home field advantage, and the goal is to win the game— but, given that nobody is going to be allowed to have a roaring throng supporting them at any game this year, wouldn’t it have been within reason to allow the game to be moved to a larger venue, to (at least) get close to that 1500 person max attendance? Why would LW not be inclined to do that?

Definitely no fan of $t. X here, but I think the Bombers will win in a burial. LW defense is respectable, but their offense is sub-optimal, to say the least.
$t. X- 45
LW-6

So, if even Lakota West players only get two tickets to this game (which is what I am hearing) instead of ~six (which is what X has been allocating to both teams’ players at its stadium), wouldn’t it have been in the interest of LW to allow the game to be played somewhere else with a bigger seating capacity, to enable more of even their own LW fans to attend?

I understand that a school wants home field advantage, and the goal is to win the game— but, given that nobody is going to be allowed to have a roaring throng supporting them at any game this year, wouldn’t it have been within reason to allow the game to be moved to a larger venue, to (at least) get close to that 1500 person max attendance? Why would LW not be inclined to do that?

Looks as if only one of the 28 games scheduled are being played at a venue other than where the higher seed normally plays. (Kirtland) Two reasons for that....

1) field condition at Kirtland
2) Larger venue.... Kirtland seats less than 1400

LW probably looked at this and said....(just like the others) we'll take the home game, the concessions, and the parking.

Cathedral, St Ignatius, Brownsburg, Lasalle okay boomer
So you trying to tell me that St. Ignatius plays good defense? I just watched them get shredded last Friday. Lasalle is not a good defensive team period. I don't care where so and so is committed to. Cathedral is the only solid defense St. X has seen this season and that was how many weeks ago?

All of the gate goes to the OHSAA this year. Concessions: West; They have not charged for parking in the past but they could, not many spectators regardless. West does not play the option offense and and I think Coach Bolden's son might be the QB (he is a passer). X's defense is suspect, especially to a passing team (the DB's are just plain slow). Coach Specht has been moving players from the offensive side to defense and I think Clifford is now playing some DB. Steve still has his hand in the defense. West is way ahead of its development curve and I think that if they win this game it will be a huge upset. But, LWHS will be playing for Regional Championships for years to come. Coach Bolden has a program, the district and the surrounding area has talent and the school district has mad resources.

So you trying to tell me that St. Ignatius plays good defense? I just watched them get shredded last Friday. Lasalle is not a good defensive team period. I don't care where so and so is committed to. Cathedral is the only solid defense St. X has seen this season and that was how many weeks ago?
Brownsburg’s defense was excellent— might be the best X has seen this year— their D-line was really good.

Looks as if only one of the 28 games scheduled are being played at a venue other than where the higher seed normally plays. (Kirtland) Two reasons for that....

1) field condition at Kirtland
2) Larger venue.... Kirtland seats less than 1400

LW probably looked at this and said....(just like the others) we'll take the home game, the concessions, and the parking.
Mechanicsburg also shifted, based on field condition.