Alliance Aviators (1-7) at Louisville Leopards (2-5)

Why were they not at the NE district meet?
Minerva is in the eastern district and won it, and looking at times they would have still had 6 girls in the Top 10 and dominated the NE district too, I know this is a footballl forum- just pointing out the Minerva competes well in other sports,

Last edited:
Minerva is in the eastern district and won it, and looking at times they would have still had 6 girls in the Top 10 and dominated the NE district too, I know this is a footballl forum- just pointing out the Minerva competes well in other sports,
Congratulations to the Minerva girls on another district title in XC, and they'll be good for many years given all the talent currently on their MS team. However, which meet results were you looking at? I looked at all 3 NE meets and the East meet, and that assertion doesn't come true at any of them. Nevermind the fact that the Cambridge course is notoriously fast. They should easily make state, so we'll see how they stack up against the top teams from the NE there.

Not literacy, reading comprehension.

Literacy is the ability to read and write. You can do that.

Reading comprehension is the ability to read single words, sentences and whole texts fluently and to understand them in context. You are not good at that.

Oh okay pal. So now you’ve resorted to questioning my command of the English language? I will reiterate, you made an idiotic statement and it was clear what you meant. You were called out on it and now you’ve resorted to insults. That’s rich buddy.

Congratulations to the Minerva girls on another district title in XC, and they'll be good for many years given all the talent currently on their MS team. However, which meet results were you looking at? I looked at all 3 NE meets and the East meet, and that assertion doesn't come true at any of them. Nevermind the fact that the Cambridge course is notoriously fast. They should easily make state, so we'll see how they stack up against the top teams from the NE there.
Congratulations to the Minerva girls on another district title in XC, and they'll be good for many years given all the talent currently on their MS team. However, which meet results were you looking at? I looked at all NE meets and the East meet, and that assertion doesn't come true at any of them. Nevermind the fact that the Cambridge course is notoriously fast. They should easily make state, so we'll see how they stack up against the top teams from the NE there.

Best time was was a 19:16 and Minerva #5 was 20:26, #6 was 21:21 and finished 10th. Looking about Baums page the #10 in the ne district ran a 20:22. So they would have challenged for the championship and advanced in any district- my point is Minerva is very successful in other sports not to have you try to justify times and debate girls cross country- They are really good and your post is just dumb mr slippery/ the girls just won their 3rd straight leugue championship- proof they compete very well against other ebc schools

Last edited:
Best time was was a 19:16 and Minerva #5 was 20:26, #6 was 21:21 and finished 10th. Looking about Baums page the #10 in the ne district ran a 20:22. So they would have challenged for the championship and advanced in any district- my point is Minerva is very successful in other sports not to have you try to justify times and debate girls cross country- They are really good and your post is just dumb mr slippery/ the girls just won their 3rd straight leugue championship- proof they compete very well against other ebc schools
I'm not disputing how they perform against the rest of the EBC. I'm disputing how they would perform against the NE District. Message me after the state meet, and we'll see who's correct.

The football tournament is not operated along district lines like the other sports tournaments are.
Who cares? I was just trying to make a point that Minerva competes in other sports. It had nothing to do with districts, if makes you feel better to add your own asterisk to an accomplishment by a bunch of high school girls than have at it. All is know is I see these girls (and boys) running all over town and all hours of the day-

Last edited:
I'm not disputing how they perform against the rest of the EBC. I'm disputing how they would perform against the NE District. Message me after the state meet, and we'll see who's correct.
Are you kidding me?? My only point was that Minerva competes in other sports In the ebc and ran excellent times at the district with 1 senior. Our football program is struggling mightily but we are ok in most other sports. I was just saying there is more the 1 sport and we are ok in the others. Let’s just put this to rest- you know more than me about high school girls cross country/ congratulations!! Now you can feel good about yourself

Why don't you start your own thread?
You’re right- There is one and didn’t mean to hijack this/ I was just answering a question about the overall league- didn’t realize it would take on a life of its own. No more girls cross country talk on this thread!!

Haven't been to a game in person, have heard some comments from a person that has. According to him offense may not be the only thing the Leopards are lacking.

I am not sure what Louisville's schedule looks like next year but from what I seen from the underclass men so far this year I have to say they are going to turn this around real fast. The Leps with a fair schedule next year will be playoff material.

6 underclassman played a significant number of plays for LSV --not including special teams...3 of them started both ways. you have 16 other positions to find starters at...They are 2-6 and haven't even thought about giving anyone a look. They have talent coming...but experienced talent wins you games

Last edited:
Leps made a great decision getting rid of DeMarco. He is now in week 4 of the playoffs and the Leps can't beat a bad Alliance team.
Grass isn't always greener

Leps made a great decision getting rid of DeMarco. He is now in week 4 of the playoffs and the Leps can't beat a bad Alliance team.
Grass isn't always greener
Until this community faces the reality of just how AWEFUL the leadership in this District is things will continue to spiral downward. Starting with the Superintendent she has this to her resume: A teacher strike, failed levies, firing of respected coaches, failure to get into a league, alienated the community against the BOE, and recent massive layoffs. I firmly believe had the previous AD been allowed to do his job, without the Superintendent interfering and listening to "select" community members, our teams would be in a league. Coach DeMarco could have tossed away his inept DC, now current HC, and we would be in a much better position. I just hope ppl recognize that another failed levy will result in this Superintendent making cuts that will damage the academic AND sports far beyond recovering any time soon.

Until this community faces the reality of just how AWEFUL the leadership in this District is things will continue to spiral downward. Starting with the Superintendent she has this to her resume: A teacher strike, failed levies, firing of respected coaches, failure to get into a league, alienated the community against the BOE, and recent massive layoffs. I firmly believe had the previous AD been allowed to do his job, without the Superintendent interfering and listening to "select" community members, our teams would be in a league. Coach DeMarco could have tossed away his inept DC, now current HC, and we would be in a much better position. I just hope ppl recognize that another failed levy will result in this Superintendent making cuts that will damage the academic AND sports far beyond recovering any time soon.
Also, what people do not understand how much not being in a league puts the other sports at a disadvantage each year. Plus, if you are going to stay out of a league because of football, put together schedules that get you into playoffs and keeps the younger kids wanting to play football and play for a winning program and not be the punching bag for bigger schools. The AD is not doing her job and needs to stop with the love affair with Fed schools in football.

Finished 9th in the state- is that good or bad? I think only 1 school from NE district finished ahead of them, Akron SVSM, at the state.

Finished 9th in the state- is that good or bad? I think only 1 school from NE district finished ahead of them, Akron SVSM, at the state.
Thanks for checking back.

The Lady Lions were 6th last year. 9th is good. I'd look for them to place higher next year with all they return plus a talented freshman class.

1 team from the GlenOak district meet beat Minerva, and that team was St. V. who has become a perennial threat to win state. There were 3 other teams from the NE District who also beat them. Perennial state qualifier Woodridge was 4th. Hathaway Brown was 7th today in the school's 1st ever state appearance, and Cloverleaf was 8th. Those 3 teams ran in the NE district meet held at Lorain County Community College. Minerva beat 2 more schools from the NE District in Revere and Hawken. St. V was the only team to qualify to state from the Girls DII GlenOak district race.

I never said the Lions were a bad team, but I took issue with the idea that they would have dominated the district meet they would've competed in (presumably GlenOak) if they were assigned to a NE race. FWIW, Lexington is dominating everyone else in the sport of girls XC right now within the division. Today was 4 in a row and 5 in the last 6 years for that team.

Back on topic. It's good to see the Minerva football team building some momentum for the future by coming up with a couple wins in the previous weeks. Stark County football is more fun when the mid-sized and small-sized schools are adding to the success and beating teams from outside the county.

Thanks for checking back.

The Lady Lions were 6th last year. 9th is good. I'd look for them to place higher next year with all they return plus a talented freshman class.

1 team from the GlenOak district meet beat Minerva, and that team was St. V. who has become a perennial threat to win state. There were 3 other teams from the NE District who also beat them. Perennial state qualifier Woodridge was 4th. Hathaway Brown was 7th today in the school's 1st ever state appearance, and Cloverleaf was 8th. Those 3 teams ran in the NE district meet held at Lorain County Community College. Minerva beat 2 more schools from the NE District in Revere and Hawken. St. V was the only team to qualify to state from the Girls DII GlenOak district race.

I never said the Lions were a bad team, but I took issue with the idea that they would have dominated the district meet they would've competed in (presumably GlenOak) if they were assigned to a NE race. FWIW, Lexington is dominating everyone else in the sport of girls XC right now within the division. Today was 4 in a row and 5 in the last 6 years for that team.

Back on topic. It's good to see the Minerva football team building some momentum for the future by coming up with a couple wins in the previous weeks. Stark County football is more fun when the mid-sized and small-sized schools are adding to the success and beating teams from outside the county.
Got it- they would have ran at GlenOak and only SVSM wold have beat them, regardless, we are really proud of that program here.

I really hope you are right about the football team but we are losing 14 seniors and have really low numbers coming up. But the boys did play well the last 2 games. Especially against a pretty good United team.. hopefully more kids come back out!! I don’t like slamming coaches but this season was disappointing, we should have been more competitive. I always like your posts.. I get your point about X-country

Last edited: