The official EBC Football Thread

I'm not sure games like Eds vs Glenoak serve any positive purpose.
Glenoak should have opted out and scheduled teams they could compete with.
Give their boys a chance to win and have some fun.
Not get destroyed by a state power.

I agree, Minerva is playing a team that just beat them 56-7 3 weeks ago and it could have been worse- poor decision by the administration, regardless of who they drew.

This game will come down to if Aiden hall can play for struthers, if he can they win by 2 scores if he doesn’t then itll be a dog fight that goes Salem’s way
The way to beat struthers is to run the ball very effectively, that’s the reason they lost the games they lost, Hubbard/SR/Poland, Salem doesn’t have the threat to run the ball like those teams do, or stop the run for that matter. I can see the game coming down to turnovers and field position but a fun game to watch. Either way both teams lose to poland next week convincingly. Struthers has a punchers chance against Poland just because of the rivalry but that’s about it

The way to beat struthers is to run the ball very effectively, that’s the reason they lost the games they lost, Hubbard/SR/Poland, Salem doesn’t have the threat to run the ball like those teams do, or stop the run for that matter. I can see the game coming down to turnovers and field position but a fun game to watch. Either way both teams lose to poland next week convincingly. Struthers has a punchers chance against Poland just because of the rivalry but that’s about it
Please, just let someone send Poland home early. Please lol

You certainly cannot argue with his results and it seems like the kids like to play for him and the assistant coaches. He does run that program like a small college program and understands/values the importance of the rivalry games. Salem has always had the players to get things done but a lot of times there were issues with coaching and not utilizing players abilities in a way to have success.

For all the talk about how down the EBC is and how much better the NE8 is you wouldn't have thought Salem would have throttled Struthers like they did not would you have expected a 0-6 Alliance to lose a 1 score game to a 4-2 Hunbard
I agree, pretty good showing so far. Carrollton rolled too. If the ebc can advance 2 teams next week that would be huge- I see WB is a close game and Carrollton advancing- hoping south can advance against lake catholic. Salem will have a tough time with Poland

Carrollton look very good last night I was able watch that game. They have improved a great deal since they played WB. Keep in mind WB kept Liverpool in their last game with 4 turnovers and a pick six. No doubt their worst game of the year!! WB is now 100% Health and will dominate week 8. Salem does get progressively better but they really don’t have a chance against Poland.

For all the talk about how down the EBC is and how much better the NE8 is you wouldn't have thought Salem would have throttled Struthers like they did nor would you have expected a 0-6 Alliance to lose a 1 score game to a 4-2 Hubbard
If Louisville was in the EBC there will be zero talk about the NE8 being better, even with Louisville having a down year. I don't think Louisville would have won the NBC if still together these last 3 years but they could have beaten any team in the NE8.

If Louisville was in the EBC there will be zero talk about the NE8 being better, even with Louisville having a down year. I don't think Louisville would have won the NBC if still together these last 3 years but they could have beaten any team in the NE8.
Stop. Poland was a state semi finalist. Year before that Girard was state runner ups.

I agree, pretty good showing so far. Carrollton rolled too. If the ebc can advance 2 teams next week that would be huge- I see WB is a close game and Carrollton advancing- hoping south can advance against lake catholic. Salem will have a tough time with Poland
I like what you are thinking for our teams in the EBC. Our Carrollton Warriors will have a tough game this week. I truly feel if they continue to play as a team, they can advance!

Stop. Poland was a state semi finalist. Year before that Girard was state runner ups.
And if Poland and Girard would have played Louisville's schedule they would have been sitting home and missing the playoffs. Plus, Louisville would have been their strongest test in each of those years. Didn't Howland beat Poland last year? ?

And if Poland and Girard would have played Louisville's schedule they would have been sitting home and missing the playoffs. Plus, Louisville would have been their strongest test in each of those years. Didn't Howland beat Poland last year? ?
To poland credit they completely went back to their style of football after the Howland game and beat everyone the rest of the way out. Louisville was a big fish in a small pond now they arnt, I don’t give them any pity for not going to the playoffs just like Mooney gets no sympathy in the Youngstown area.
the year girard went to the state title game they weren’t even the best team in the conference, Hubbard was and just played horrible the night they played in a rematch.

I don't think Salem has the horses this year to beat Poland, but I do like the improvement they make from week to week. Quakers will need to be beneficiaries of a few turnovers to hang around.

Honestly, Louisville has not been relevant since 2015, They did not win the NBC their last 2 years in it and, in my opinion, got screwed by the League.
WB has a really good team and probably could compete with the NE8 best this year, but the NE8 is better from top to bottom on a yearly basis.
I don't think Salem has the horses this year to beat Poland, but I do like the improvement they make from week to week. Quakers will need to be beneficiaries of a few turnovers to hang around.
i agree- especially about the improvement- great job by Johnson

Louisville is D3. Poland and Girard are 4. They should play a harder schedule

Honestly, Louisville has not been relevant since 2015, They did not win the NBC their last 2 years in it and, in my opinion, got screwed by the League.
WB has a really good team and probably could compete with the NE8 best this year, but the NE8 is better from top to bottom on a yearly basis.

Louisville is a very good program that outgrew the EBC. Like Canfield did the ne8. These things happen. as for Salem this week will be an uphill battle for sure but not impossible. Crazier things have happened

WB has a really good team and probably could compete with the NE8 best this year, but the NE8 is better from top to bottom on a yearly basis

I don’t see legitimacy of the numbers argument as an excuse for Louisville being booted. Marlington and Alliance are both D3 in football just like Louisville. The rest of the schools in the league are D4.

I know me, you and ‘86 have been talking a two tier NBC for years which would be possible if we brought Dover and Philly back to Stark Co.

Upper:
Dover, Philly, Marlington, Louisville, Alliance

Lower:
Minerva, WB, Salem, Carrollton, need 1 school now since South is leaving for the PAC

I have been told by multiple sources that the reason the two tier idea was never on table was that Marlington and Alliance didn’t want to be in a tier with Louisville, Dover and Philly.

You are right, Louisville has not been relevant since 2015 but if they were still in the NBC they would have competed for a league title and playoff spot each year. The fact is Louisville is stuck with an AD who thinks scheduling 5 Federal games a season for gate $ is a good idea. These kids are getting beat up and losing interest fast being the punching bag for a D1 & D2 league that they are not even included being in. Simple solution, Salem, WB, Alliance, Marlington, Howland, Louisville and Canfield. Sure that is 2 bigger D3 schools they have to play each year, but each one of these schools can put a team together that can beat anybody in this league. And they get 4 OOC. Like you said, Louisville is not as big as they were 8 years ago.

Louisville is D3. Poland is 4 and
I don’t see legitimacy of the numbers argument as an excuse for Louisville being booted. Marlington and Alliance are both D3 in football just like Louisville. The rest of the schools in the league are D4.

I know me, you and ‘86 have been talking a two tier NBC for years which would be possible if we brought Dover and Philly back to Stark Co.

Upper:
Dover, Philly, Marlington, Louisville, Alliance

Lower:
Minerva, WB, Salem, Carrollton, need 1 school now since South is leaving for the PAC

I have been told by multiple sources that the reason the two tier idea was never on table was that Marlington and Alliance didn’t want to be in a tier with Louisville, Dover and Philly.
[/QUOT
Looks like a great solution to me..

Louisville is D3. Poland is 4 and
Also Poland is becoming a smaller D4 team, they’re losing enrollment lately, may be D5 in a few years. Basically you can’t be a big school and pick on smaller schools year in and out then complain when you play bigger schools and don’t do as well. It’s a 2 way street

Also Poland is becoming a smaller D4 team, they’re losing enrollment lately, may be D5 in a few years. Basically you can’t be a big school and pick on smaller schools year in and out then complain when you play bigger schools and don’t do as well. It’s a 2 way street
Louisville is not hiding from playing D2 or even D1 schools like the other school in Y-town, it is just a situation where they are trying to find a little balance to their schedule. There is a big difference between the schools in the NBC with 2 or 3 D-3 schools and the remaining D-4, having one program like Louisville in their conference compared to Louisville playing a league stacked with above average D-2 and D-1 football programs like the Fed. You don't even see the Y town D2 schools wanting to play more than 1 Fed game a year.

Louisville is not hiding from playing D2 or even D1 schools like the other school in Y-town, it is just a situation where they are trying to find a little balance to their schedule. There is a big difference between the schools in the NBC with 2 or 3 D-3 schools and the remaining D-4, having one program like Louisville in their conference compared to Louisville playing a league stacked with above average D-2 and D-1 football programs like the Fed. You don't even see the Y town D2 schools wanting to play more than 1 Fed game a year.
Won’t see me defending Canfield that’s for damn sure, Fitch boardman and Harding play tough schedules they wouldn’t shy away from anyone realistically, Harding already plays Massillon who’s probably a top 3 D2 school.

For the record I never said louisville was scared to play anyone, I simply said they complain now that they don’t get in the playoffs because of their schedule of harder teams. Even tho them being out of the EBC hasn’t helped any other teams get into the playoffs so they shoulda just stayed