Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

How would you feel if someone from PG pops hot, and that leads the secret police to test their opponent, and it uncovers they test POS for this Boomer Doomer disease and the season is done.......all because of this game? Jus sayin'.
I am sure many football players have had covid and some actually played while having covid. One local team that had a player test positive, was because he went to the hospital for another issue and they tested him for covid ( which I guess is current protocol ) and tested positive so several teammates had to be quarantined. Plus even if PG players would have covid it is up to the local health board ( in this case ( Auglaize County ) if the Minster players would be quarantined.

I am sure many football players have had covid and some actually played while having covid. One local team that had a player test positive, was because he went to the hospital for another issue and they tested him for covid ( which I guess is current protocol ) and tested positive so several teammates had to be quarantined. Plus even if PG players would have covid it is up to the local health board ( in this case ( Auglaize County ) if the Minster players would be quarantined.
That’s exactly right. It really all depends if players actually get tested or not because we know it’s already widespread and I would bet that every team in the state has had players with Covid.

See the golfer who, through contract tracing, was not allowed to participate in districts? With it being the playoffs the state can flex their flabby muscles..... Don't get me wrong, I don't believe, and facts back it up, that the kids are truly at risk if they get the Rona but what ya have to think about is how anal Dictator Dewine and his traveling goin squad will handle it if something comes out since it is the state playoffs.

See the golfer who, through contract tracing, was not allowed to participate in districts? With it being the playoffs the state can flex their flabby muscles..... Don't get me wrong, I don't believe, and facts back it up, that the kids are truly at risk if they get the Rona but what ya have to think about is how anal Dictator Dewine and his traveling goin squad will handle it if something comes out since it is the state playoffs.

Dewine is going live in a few minutes. You should tune in. Pay attention. You might learn something. We are all disease-ridden insects. We need his guidance.

Last edited:
We were all disease ridden insect before this virus hit.

I didn't know Dewine was still going out in public these days. Thought he was doing a Joe Biden.

They well received? Presume kids like them because, well, they are kids but man......personally not a fan.
Kids loved them. We have gray alternatives for basketball as well. I believe they may be older than three years old because they were purchased four years ago? The same year Crestview and Minster battled in the districts and were clearly the top two teams in the state. Minster got it done and cruised to the state championship.

Dewine is going live in a few minutes. You should tune in. Pay attention. You might learn something. We are all disease-ridden insects. We need his guidance.
I barely can get the interwebs as I hunker down in my bomb shelter wearing full MOPP gear. I havent seen the light of day since March.
Shhhh, dont tell anyone but I cut the fingers out of the gloves so I can still type and entertain y'all on here.....

Is it rip on Mercer county again today...... thats why i stay on the EAST side of ST RT 364....
..and apparently Fairborn is forfeiting.....

We all know the best way to not test positive is........to not get tested. Many of us have had it and likely didnt/dont even know but a situation like this game could lead to tests if it goes wrong...

Let's hope for Minster this does not come back to haunt them if someone from PG pops, and the Goon Squad from the state doesnt take over and, well, who knows what happens.

My new homestead now has a whopping 1 more COVID death than drowning in the lake this year.

I am thinking a ban on boating, fishing, swimming and even looking at the lake is warranted....

So, will the Minster/PG game count in their W/L column?

Last edited:

We all know the best way to not test positive is........to not get tested. Many of us have had it and likely didnt/dont even know but a situation like this game could lead to tests if it goes wrong...

Let's hope for Minster this does not come back to haunt them if someone from PG pops, and the Goon Squad from the state doesnt take over and, well, who knows what happens.

My new homestead now has a whopping 1 more COVID death than drowning in the lake this year.

I am thinking a ban on boating, fishing, swimming and even looking at the lake is warranted....

It's starting to suck around here. AC has already canceled tomorrow's game and I'm sure they will next week since they closed the school down for 2 weeks. Problem is the 2nd week is the first round of the playoffs. That will majorly suck if we have to forfeit in the playoffs because of it. This team should make the sectional finals and overachieving win it and get beat by SA at regionals. I was told 1 student in elementary at SA has it and 2 AC (one a MS & other idk). Hopefully it doesn't spread there as they are undefeated and #1 in 1A. Sounds like Bellmont may be getting more cases but nothing confirmed. Each one of the 3 border Ohio as Bellmont & AC border Crestview and AC & SA border Parkway. Already know Becky's in Willshire had to shut down & going to carry out only when they get back open. @cknights is there something happening in Lincolnview for COVID or is it just precautionary tracing that canceled the Crestview vs Lincolnview VB match? Also wondering what was up with the Jeffcats not playing. My stepsons flag football team was to play a Delphos team that tried to move the game back and then forfeited. They did beat another Delphos team in the playoffs yesterday.

i might be wrong but

if it does.... Stokes would have 2 more wins then Newland did......

The issue that I've heard of most is parents (with no symptoms) getting required testing for work or going to the doctor for something else. Asymptomatic parents tests positive, kids are automatically quarantined whether or not they've had any symptoms. It's an absolute load of crap

Also wondering what was up with the Jeffcats not playing. My stepsons flag football team was to play a Delphos team that tried to move the game back and then forfeited. They did beat another Delphos team in the playoffs yesterday.

DJ opting out of their game with Minster this Friday was purely Covid-related. the Jeffcats may not be good this year due to lack of talent, numbers, or whatever, but from what I've seen the guys in charge of the team run their program the right way, especially compared to their predecessors. I don't doubt for a second that they would have played the game if they only had 11 kids that could dress. If they were in that situation because of injuries or kids leaving, they would have opted out of the playoffs completely and not left Minster SOL.

DJ opting out of their game with Minster this Friday was purely Covid-related. the Jeffcats may not be good this year due to lack of talent, numbers, or whatever, but from what I've seen the guys in charge of the team run their program the right way, especially compared to their predecessors. I don't doubt for a second that they would have played the game if they only had 11 kids that could dress. If they were in that situation because of injuries or kids leaving, they would have opted out of the playoffs completely and not left Minster SOL.
Yikes! Not looking good especially when Parkway vs Coldwater VB canceled as well. Awful timing.

It's starting to suck around here. AC has already canceled tomorrow's game and I'm sure they will next week since they closed the school down for 2 weeks. Problem is the 2nd week is the first round of the playoffs. That will majorly suck if we have to forfeit in the playoffs because of it. This team should make the sectional finals and overachieving win it and get beat by SA at regionals. I was told 1 student in elementary at SA has it and 2 AC (one a MS & other idk). Hopefully it doesn't spread there as they are undefeated and #1 in 1A. Sounds like Bellmont may be getting more cases but nothing confirmed. Each one of the 3 border Ohio as Bellmont & AC border Crestview and AC & SA border Parkway. Already know Becky's in Willshire had to shut down & going to carry out only when they get back open. @cknights is there something happening in Lincolnview for COVID or is it just precautionary tracing that canceled the Crestview vs Lincolnview VB match? Also wondering what was up with the Jeffcats not playing. My stepsons flag football team was to play a Delphos team that tried to move the game back and then forfeited. They did beat another Delphos team in the playoffs yesterday.
Lincolnview had a positive case. Crestview has a staff member with a positive case. Delphos has multiple kids that are covid positive. Spencerville is also dealing with Covid spread among students. I heard Coldwater has one. St. Henry with several but not sure they are students. It sounds like each school is handling differently.

My hope is that we can get through playoffs and the election and see where Covid stands to the public when basketball season ramps up.

Lincolnview had a positive case. Crestview has a staff member with a positive case. Delphos has multiple kids that are covid positive. Spencerville is also dealing with Covid spread among students. I heard Coldwater has one. St. Henry with several but not sure they are students. It sounds like each school is handling differently.

My hope is that we can get through playoffs and the election and see where Covid stands to the public when basketball season ramps up.

I'm more concerned with the fall season in all honesty as winter and spring seasons are just ok to me. I saw the email about the staff member. My step daughters were both saying that a child in their grade at Crestview has it, but I have yet to see that confirmed. Hopefully they just heard rumors and it isn't true, but with all these cases near the state line area it makes you wonder. Especially when the Ohio playoffs start this weekend and Indiana on the 23rd. A lot of good area teams on both sides that may get robbed like last years winter & spring sports seasons were.

Kids loved them. We have gray alternatives for basketball as well. I believe they may be older than three years old because they were purchased four years ago? The same year Crestview and Minster battled in the districts and were clearly the top two teams in the state. Minster got it done and cruised to the state championship.
I think the reason I dislike them is the helmets are still the normal blue/red and to me it just doesnt mesh for me. Imagine I would like the hoops unis better.

I think much of the MAC has a healthy respect for Crestview going back many years.

I think the reason I dislike them is the helmets are still the normal blue/red and to me it just doesnt mesh for me. Imagine I would like the hoops unis better.

I think much of the MAC has a healthy respect for Crestview going back many years.
Certainly the Knights have respect for the MAC. I'm the first to speak up about the gold standard of the sports programs and work ethic. Our back yard and we enjoy the cross over games in all sports. I would say that now you mention it, the grey does look a bit off with the Royal Blue helmets. Maybe a black alternative uniform with some red and blue would look better. The basketball uniforms are fun. I think we wore the grey in the state championship a couple of years ago.

Kids loved them. We have gray alternatives for basketball as well. I believe they may be older than three years old because they were purchased four years ago?
I personally disfavor gray alts for teams that don't exclusively use it as a part of their natural color scheme. It's a fad. I've touched on it a few months ago (in the garbage months with nothing but covid to talk about) but it's simply just "Gray for Gray sake" or GFGS for short. Just like how before that black alts were all the rage in the late 2000s.
It's not that I don't like them because it's a fad, but because gray just muddies a lot of color combos. I admittedly like the black alt phase. Like white, black makes everything pop and looks super clean. It also alters the feel of the uniform. It's a strong intimidation color, an aggressor through and through, but accented with the original colors to give a sense of familiarity. But when everyone does it had them, it got old quick.
Gray is just.... bleh.

And you know what, I'm glad the camo phase only really lasted a year. They were (and still are for those unfortunate kids who still have to play in them) the ugliest things I've ever seen.
Yeah yeah I know, Parkway played in them last week. But wasn't that an army or national guard sponsored thing? I've seen it done by other teams.

I personally disfavor gray alts for teams that don't exclusively use it as a part of their natural color scheme. It's a fad. I've touched on it a few months ago (in the garbage months with nothing but covid to talk about) but it's simply just "Gray for Gray sake" or GFGS for short. Just like how before that black alts were all the rage in the late 2000s.
It's not that I don't like them because it's a fad, but because gray just muddies a lot of color combos. I admittedly like the black alt phase. Like white, black makes everything pop and looks super clean. It also alters the feel of the uniform. It's a strong intimidation color, an aggressor through and through, but accented with the original colors to give a sense of familiarity. But when everyone does it had them, it got old quick.
Gray is just.... bleh.

And you know what, I'm glad the camo phase only really lasted a year. They were (and still are for those unfortunate kids who still have to play in them) the ugliest things I've ever seen.
Yeah yeah I know, Parkway played in them last week. But wasn't that an army or national guard sponsored thing? I've seen it done by other teams.
I agree. I believe we have seen two camo uniforms this year from other schools. Doesn't seem like you are even playing that school. My personal favorite was when the Knights had reds in the early 2000s. Since we are always blue or white, it was fun and still a school color. However, its a normal color for many schools so others might have thought it as just being a regular uniform. We did use it as a regular color in basketball those years as well.

I think the kids get hyped about an alternative. The black uniforms always seem intimidating as you said. I hope that if we get alternatives in the future, we go to black shirts and black pants.

Gray is just.... bleh.

Agreed. When ya foucs on a color not in your normal scheme it falls short for me, just like OSU Black. Sure may look cool but if it is not your normal color scheme, don't do it but uniform makers want to market and sell! I don't think I have seen the camo in football. I've seen in baseball tho and often times done so cheaply it just looks awful.
I know of an organization where you get to wear camo, to work........

I agree. I believe we have seen two camo uniforms this year from other schools. Doesn't seem like you are even playing that school. My personal favorite was when the Knights had reds in the early 2000s. Since we are always blue or white, it was fun and still a school color. However, its a normal color for many schools so others might have thought it as just being a regular uniform. We did use it as a regular color in basketball those years as well.

I think the kids get hyped about an alternative. The black uniforms always seem intimidating as you said. I hope that if we get alternatives in the future, we go to black shirts and black pants.
See, I like that. Growing up with a school who's second color was white, we didn't really have an ability to use a second color for an alt... they were just our away uniform. So being able to have a 3rd uni to choose from or for special occasions sounded neat. I guess being the only purple and white team around was a nice tradeoff. Made us feel a little more unique. Better than half our schedule in most sports being against black and orange schools. Not that it's a bad color combo, but... I mean... Coldwater, Minster, Versailles, then even out of conference, Ansonia, Bradford, Arcanum, Elida, Jackson Center, Fort Jennings.
I will say though, my favorite local uniforms were actually from a school with a pretty standard color scheme.
Delphos St. Johns late 2000 home kit has always been stellar to me.
dsj-cw-fb-042_full.jpg

Take away the unnecessary white number trim (no other use of white on the uni) and I think they're perfect.