Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

Best MAC football team all-time might be 1999 DSJ.

Best teams in last 15 years:

1. 2005 Coldwater
2. 2014 ML
3. 2019 Anna (yeah - had a loss in the first half of the regular season, but totally dominant after that)

Stirred - I believe the CW-V game in 2005 was a 35-21 victory for the Cavs (rather than 31-21). And that game, played at Versailles I think, was the first time the 50/50 of a MAC game was explosively large, something like $8,000 - way above previous greatest amount I believe.

Just read Jefferson forfeited Friday’s playoff game vs Minster. Wildcats pick up a game versus Pandora to fill the gap. Good pickup by Minster, young team needs game time.

Gotta keep it in the family! :cool:

Truth be told, MAC kids seem massive compared to VW County kids. boys and girls alike. Need to creep some of that genetics north!
Saw some highlights of CV a few weeks ago. Not a fan of those all grey Unis man. Are those just an extra, third uni or their norm?

1. 2005 Coldwater
2. 2014 ML
3. 2019 Anna (yeah - had a loss in the first half of the regular season, but totally dominant after that)

Stirred - I believe the CW-V game in 2005 was a 35-21 victory for the Cavs (rather than 31-21). And that game, played at Versailles I think, was the first time the 50/50 of a MAC game was explosively large, something like $8,000 - way above previous greatest amount I believe.
I want to say they ran out of Tix that night for the fiddy fiddy, or maybe tat was another time in Vtown

1. 2005 Coldwater
2. 2014 ML

31-21 vs V

35-21 vs St John's, those were the only two games anyone put more than a few points on the board.

2005 CW gave up 89 points in 15 games
2014 ML gave up 88 points in 15 games

You do with what you're given. Good pickup for Minster
Not a fan. I am all for playing games, and I am not too worried about injuries, that is the part of the game and generally just a player or two, but what happens if Min or PG have some players pop hot for the Rona? Will the over zealous state Rona Rules shut em down, or force tests only to find asymptomatic and more positive tests?

Any other year, yes I'd be comfortable with it but because the govt will likely over react if there are positive tests it could be a risk, one they did not have to take.

I went to the ML-Burg game at Bellefontaine in 2016 I believe? That was a heck of a game. Ended up 9-7 ML if I remember correctly. One thing that sticks out were the roster differences, ML had their usual and it looked like Mechanicsburg had about 30 kids. Maybe I remember it wrong. How'd the Romero kid end up doing at Ohio State?

Bellefontaine would've been 2015 and was 9-7 slug fest on a crappy weather night for both teams and yeah 30-35 vs 80-85 is a hell of a fight. 2016 those 2 played at Sidney and ML won by 9(?) I think. Romero is doing great wrestling at OSU was ranked fairly high when everything shut down late in that season. How is the ML kid from that team doing that went to play OL at ND?

Bellefontaine would've been 2015 and was 9-7 slug fest on a crappy weather night for both teams and yeah 30-35 vs 80-85 is a hell of a fight. 2016 those 2 played at Sidney and ML won by 9(?) I think. Romero is doing great wrestling at OSU was ranked fairly high when everything shut down late in that season. How is the ML kid from that team doing that went to play OL at ND?
Thanks for the info, I thought it was one of those years. Glad to hear he's doing well. I don't know how he's doing, John Dirksen I believe was his name? He was a heck of an O-Lineman.

Not a fan. I am all for playing games, and I am not too worried about injuries, that is the part of the game and generally just a player or two, but what happens if Min or PG have some players pop hot for the Rona? Will the over zealous state Rona Rules shut em down, or force tests only to find asymptomatic and more positive tests?

Any other year, yes I'd be comfortable with it but because the govt will likely over react if there are positive tests it could be a risk, one they did not have to take.
?‍♂️ Depends how DC DeWine is feeling that day.

Not a fan. I am all for playing games, and I am not too worried about injuries, that is the part of the game and generally just a player or two, but what happens if Min or PG have some players pop hot for the Rona?

These kids are out and about every weekend. They’re just as much at risk doing that than they are playing football. Actually, probably more at risk.

so why did Jefferson cancel? the China Virus?
I read in the preseason write up they had 25 kids out this year, 10 sophomores, 9 Seniors/Juniors. My guess is China virus took out maybe 5 kids and they couldn’t field a worthy team without playing some freshman.

These kids are out and about every weekend. They’re just as much at risk doing that than they are playing football. Actually, probably more at risk.
True. But this does open them up for more issues.
Likely won't happen; ,but I'm not hinging my season on that chance.

True. But this does open them up for more issues.
Likely won't happen; ,but I'm not hinging my season on that chance.
Being honest as pretty close follower of Minster football this group can’t afford to a take a week off. I hate bye weeks cause it can throw everything off if you break away from your routine.

after two positive weeks of offense moving the ball( minus turnovers against ML) probably more important for this team to play... then to sit.....
No doubt, but....the boogeyman lurks in the shadows and he and Dictator Dewine could shut er down. It's low chance, I admit, but man I would not want to possibly put the season in the hands of those who have taken our freedoms for the last 6.5 months .....

But I digress, my mild objections are noted.

Carry on, and beat the hell out of PG.

No doubt, but....the boogeyman lurks in the shadows and he and Dictator Dewine could shut er down. It's low chance, I admit, but man I would not want to possibly put the season in the hands of those who have taken our freedoms for the last 6.5 months .....

They could take the bye week and then someone on Minster test positive and be off for 2 works weeks. So three weeks no games and no play-offs. This year need to play a game when you can.

They could take the bye week and then someone on Minster test positive and be off for 2 works weeks. So three weeks no games and no play-offs. This year need to play a game when you can.
How would you feel if someone from PG pops hot, and that leads the secret police to test their opponent, and it uncovers they test POS for this Boomer Doomer disease and the season is done.......all because of this game? Jus sayin'.

i wouldn't expect the varsity on both sides to not more then a 2 1/2 quarters.....

How would you feel if someone from PG pops hot, and that leads the secret police to test their opponent, and it uncovers they test POS for this Boomer Doomer disease and the season is done.......all because of this game? Jus sayin'.

How would you feel if someone from a Friday night card game at Minster pops hot, and that leads the secret police to test their football-playing buddies, and it uncovers they test POS for this Boomer Doomer disease and the season is done.......all because of this card game? Jus sayin'.

Could play what ifs all day. Under your concern all teams shouldn't have played last week either as a positive on opponents team that would have got them tossed from the play-offs also since quarantine is two weeks.

Could play what ifs all day. Under your concern all teams shouldn't have played last week either as a positive on opponents team that would have got them tossed from the play-offs also since quarantine is two weeks.
Nah. This is optional. But anyways now that it is scheduled go ahead and take PG to the woodshed.

How would you feel if someone from a Friday night card game at Minster pops hot, and that leads the secret police to test their football-playing buddies, and it uncovers they test POS for this Boomer Doomer disease and the season is done.......all because of this card game? Jus sayin'.
It at least stayed in house and not to another school.......

so why did Jefferson cancel? the China Virus?

Jefferson had all but a handful of players, not even enough to make an offensive formation, contract traced and quarantined. Not injury related, just purely covid insanity. I’m willing to bet a lot of money that all of them sitting at home because of dictator DeWine are perfectly healthy too.