The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Right. Unpredictable for sure. But if Trevor wins the NL CY (he should), his price would be very high, relative to all others.

I'm just going to hopefully enjoy a deep playoff run, however long we last, and worry about that over the winter.
The Reds have an expected Arbitration cost of $50M this offseason. Of those 8 Arb eligible players I expect them to keep only 3. The wildcard will be Iglesias. What will he command and will the Reds opt to keep him or move on?

With all that, the Reds could afford Bauer if this was a normal year.

Yup. Calling you out as wrong was a bit harsh, but he’s saying 2nd in central might very well be the 5th seed.
Pretty likely as both Miami and Philly are sucking badly down the stretch. The Cards or Brewers will get to 30 wins at least. No guarantee the Marlins will win 2 more (1 against ATL and 3 against the Yankees). The Phillies have 3 games against the Ray's to finish the season and would need 2 wins to get to 30.
Pretty likely the Central takes the 5 seed.

Reds website has Mahle listed as tomorrow's starter against Berrios.

I would have thought Castillo would go on short rest and be in line to pitch game 1 of the playoffs on full rest. If Castillo goes Saturday he would be in line to be the game 2 starter.

It is mathematically possible for the Reds to win the division or miss the playoffs entirely.... with 3 games to go.

There's still a possibility that 4 teams from the Central mak the playoffs.

Crazy chit!

Reds website has Mahle listed as tomorrow's starter against Berrios.

I would have thought Castillo would go on short rest and be in line to pitch game 1 of the playoffs on full rest. If Castillo goes Saturday he would be in line to be the game 2 starter.
I tend to agree on Castillo, but if you go with Castillo on short rest tonight, who goes Saturday? I doubt they want to use Sonny on 3 days rest, just back from injury.

I would go Mahle, Castillo, and then if we need Sunday to clinch, go with Bauer on 3 days rest. Sonny can start the playoffs Weds, followed by Castillo and Bauer. If we don't need Sunday to clinch, use Sonny for just 4-5 innings. Then go Bauer game 1, followed by Castillo and Sonny.

Yeah, agree.

Reds odds increased to nearly 88% after last night.
Interestingly, fan graphs has the Reds at a 5% chance to win the WS. That’s 4th highest in NL behind LA, SD and ATL and higher than the Cubs and Cards.....a nod to the potential of its 3 man rotation.

The twinkies have very good pitching, the Deds are the worst hitting team in MLB. Probable sweep for the twinkies and the Deds miss the playoffs, this is Zinzinnati remember

Phillies loss secured. Cards closing in on handing the Brew Crew a loss.

Reds can taste the playoffs at this point.

Difference between #7 and #8 seems pretty big actually. Dodgers one of the hardest teams to strike out with the Braves being one of the easiest. Reds pitching lives on the strikeout.