Woman Arrested and Tased at Logan Football Game For Not Wearing a Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think what you want but that school district will pay. Maybe not bankrupt, but it will pay in some way or another.
If that chick truly has asthma, and told that to the rent-a-cop, the school is going to get absolutely hammered in court.

Your doctor, who is NOT an epidemiologist (most likely) doesn’t seem to have bothered to keep up on the latest medical science on this matter— which is that the primary way THIS virus transmits is through aerosol particles, floating in the air of confined spaces— and those aerosol particles are consisted of droplets of moisture (from your exhaled breath) containing the virus— yes, the virus is much tinier than the holes perforating most masks (though the N-95 masks have the best protection, due to smaller holes in those masks)— but the virus is NOT floating in the air in isolation— it mostly only floats in the air in these aerosol particles, that are MUCH larger than the virus— and thus, capable of being stopped by nearly any reasonable mask, in most instances. So, your doctor (who is NOT an expert in these matters, it is apparent) has given you BAD advice.

I think most people would be shocked to realize how little specialized doctors actually know about things not inside their speciality. I know quite a few who get all kinds of questions from folks looking for free medical advise. Most of them are pretty up front that they need to talk to a (insert specialty field here) and tell the person asking that they're an orthopedic surgeon and deal with repairing knees/shoulders all day. It's been 20 years since they've learned about other areas, which have all progressed significantly since they were in med school.

If the statists on here get their way, yup. The US is going down the path of 1930s Germany.

"papers! now!"
Or, just wear a mask? Why is this difficult for you?

“According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, there is no evidence that wearing a face mask can worsen your asthma.”

“If you don’t feel you can wear a mask due to your asthma, it may be best for you to stay home or avoid public places as much as possible”

It’s common at all kinds of events— what difference does it make WHY they were there?
No difference. It just seems unnecessary, though I don’t know anything about the area. I don’t know how this thing transpired, but I have to believe it could have been handled without the police.

Think what you want but that school district will pay. Maybe not bankrupt, but it will pay in some way or another.
Yep— you have been PROVED CORRECT— ”THEY” are PAYING today— THEY being the kids and staff of the district— who, apparently, have been ordered into an onerous ”lockdown” condition, to be able to weather a storm of violent threats that have been called into the district by the ”law & order” crowd that will NOT have any of this ”law & order” intruding on their ”rights” to NOT wear a mask when on private (school) property...

It is SO ironically perfect that the person not following the law here was a young, attractive white woman, and the person enforcing the law here was a huge, overweight black police officer— it just made for ALL of the OBVIOUS hot buttons of hypocrisy being pushed in rapid fashion.

No difference. It just seems unnecessary, though I don’t know anything about the area. I don’t know how this thing transpired, but I have to believe it could have been handled without the police.
Agreed. She could have just worn the mask.

Or, just wear a mask? Why is this difficult for you?

“According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, there is no evidence that wearing a face mask can worsen your asthma.”

“If you don’t feel you can wear a mask due to your asthma, it may be best for you to stay home or avoid public places as much as possible”

You lose. Tuck tail, friend. No one will remember this exchange in a few weeks.

Incorrect. Asthma is not an exempted condition.

I see the doctor’s opinion on why it would be important for patients with respiratory illnesses to wear masks in your link, but I don’t see where it is mentioned as NOT an exemption. These are key points I read,”

“Rachel Feeley, a spokeswoman for the Ohio Department of Health, said exceptions to the order include mental health conditions, some disabilities and respiratory conditions that restrict breathing.”

“There aren't very many conditions that prevent someone from wearing a mask," said Dr. Avraham Cooper, a pulmonologist and intensive care physician at Ohio State University's Wexner Medical Center.”

“As possible exemptions, Cooper could only think of people with facial deformities that prevent mask-wearing, sensory disorders related to autism and people who need others to see their mouths to communicate.”

Am I missing something else?

If she is indeed asthmatic and not required to wear a mask, why did she have a mask in the first place?

She should have just walked in without a mask and wheezed her way in using the exemption.

Agreed. She could have just worn the mask.
Absolutely. But even absent that, this likely didn’t have to end the way it did. I’m not sure we’ll ever know exactly how this went down, though. Did a site admin address it with her first? How did she react? Was another school authority then involved? Definitely a teachable moment for all involved.

I see the doctor’s opinion on why it would be important for patients with respiratory illnesses to wear masks in your link, but I don’t see where it is mentioned as NOT an exemption. These are key points I read,”

“Rachel Feeley, a spokeswoman for the Ohio Department of Health, said exceptions to the order include mental health conditions, some disabilities and respiratory conditions that restrict breathing.”

“There aren't very many conditions that prevent someone from wearing a mask," said Dr. Avraham Cooper, a pulmonologist and intensive care physician at Ohio State University's Wexner Medical Center.”

“As possible exemptions, Cooper could only think of people with facial deformities that prevent mask-wearing, sensory disorders related to autism and people who need others to see their mouths to communicate.”

Am I missing something else?

Further down in the article

"Many people have claimed that chronic respiratory illnesses — like asthma and COPD — would make it too difficult to breathe through masks, but according to doctors, that isn't the case.
"I have a pulmonary clinic where I see patients with advanced lung diseases, and everyone wears a mask and can breathe," Cooper said. "People with respiratory conditions should wear masks because they're the ones we especially don't want catching COVID-19."

Absolutely. But even absent that, this likely didn’t have to end the way it did. I’m not sure we’ll ever know exactly how this went down, though. Did a site admin address it with her first? How did she react? Was another school authority then involved? Definitely a teachable moment for all involved.
Maybe. I think that's true of a lot of police interactions with citizens though. But this is the one time certain demographics have their panties in a bunch when somebody gets arrested for not complying with police orders. Otherwise, their default position is just "comply with police and you have nothing to worry about."

Thank you. Great points. It's nice to have some reasonable thoughts on this, rather than all the statist boot-licking we received from DeWine's minions.

Status
Not open for further replies.