Ohio Heritage Conference 2020

East Clinton would be a nice rival for Greeneview. they have also played Southeastern and Cedarville in the past. also the same size as Greenon and Madison Plains. would be a haul for the north schools but it’s not farther than Greeneview really.

East Clinton would be a GREAT fit in the OHC South...the issue is the trips to the northern schools. East Clinton was in the KTC for about 25 years with Greeneview, Cedarville and Southeastern, with MP being with them for 10-15 years. East Clinton is a 25-40 minute drive from all four of those schools.

In the SBAAC East Clinton has a handful of divisional opponents that are an hour drive or longer. If the OHC ever came knocking, I'd think they'd have to accept due to the history and better travel times with the southern schools trumping their current situation. The issue is that I can't imagine the northern schools wanting to add that trip to their cross-divisional schedules.

Well lets get the one out then we can see who gets in...... The Astro's are some of my people........ And the pirates have some history with other north teams but you all know how feel about logan co road trips!

East Clinton would be a GREAT fit in the OHC South...the issue is the trips to the northern schools. East Clinton was in the KTC for about 25 years with Greeneview, Cedarville and Southeastern, with MP being with them for 10-15 years. East Clinton is a 25-40 minute drive from all four of those schools.

In the SBAAC East Clinton has a handful of divisional opponents that are an hour drive or longer. If the OHC ever came knocking, I'd think they'd have to accept due to the history and better travel times with the southern schools trumping their current situation. The issue is that I can't imagine the northern schools wanting to add that trip to their cross-divisional schedules.
easiest solution is knock out one crossover and make it 2 instead of 3. if the OHC added Riverside, it would be simple, just move Northeastern to the South. add East Clinton, and then you would have to limit road trips between them in the North schools as much as possible. East Clinton would be a great fit with the South schools i feel like.

Other than the fact that the Soccer coaches had to coach the team because the football coaches didn't have their pupil certificates and apparently have been coaching all season without one... yeah, I guess nothing interesting. Ha
Its amazing how much time people have on their hands to spew uninformed statements.
Those coaches didn’t have to sit out because of PAP, they had to sit out because their background checks weren’t done with the archdiocese. Embarrassing yes but not the end of the world. It’s a totally separate set of standards other schools don’t have. The soccer coaches were on the sidelines at the Presidents request because they needed a certain number of adults on the sidline. And the kids signaling in the plays were kids that were injured. The ejection from Greenview game was from a kid slapping the kid on the side of the helmet after the whistle. Very dumb, but nothing vicious.

I understand you would all be happy with a “good ole boys” league but I dont think thats going to happen in 2020 guys.

Its amazing how much time people have on their hands to spew uninformed statements.
Those coaches didn’t have to sit out because of PAP, they had to sit out because their background checks weren’t done with the archdiocese. Embarrassing yes but not the end of the world. It’s a totally separate set of standards other schools don’t have. The soccer coaches were on the sidelines at the Presidents request because they needed a certain number of adults on the sidline. And the kids signaling in the plays were kids that were injured. The ejection from Greenview game was from a kid slapping the kid on the side of the helmet after the whistle. Very dumb, but nothing vicious.

I understand you would all be happy with a “good ole boys” league but I dont think thats going to happen in 2020 guys.
Thanks for your input on the matter. Do you happen to know what happened in the Greenon game that everyone on here was complaining about?

a good ole boys league? come on now. it’s pretty obvious to most that Central just isn’t a fit in the OHC anymore. the culture at that school has shifted in the last 5-10 years. i don’t think the other OHC schools are very happy to have a school recruiting kids from Springfield, for one.

Actually, I think you have confirmed everything that was already said. The background checks are part of the PAP requirements so yes, their PAPs were not valid. The need for adults on the field other than football coaches speaks for itself. A kid “slapping” another kid on the helmet is nothing more than an attempt to down play someone throwing a blow. The “good ole boy” statement is another example of blaming others for your schools inability to follow the rules that the rest of society deem normal. Keep making excuses. That will certainly help the kids lead successful lives after HS.

LOL. How could they possibly recruit anyone from Springfield? There are kids seeing the writing on the wall that they won’t play at Springfield and realize they have an opportunity at SCC. I’m interested, how would that sales pitch go? Thats not recruiting thats being option B in a city with a ton of athletes.

Actually, I think you have confirmed everything that was already said. The background checks are part of the PAP requirements so yes, their PAPs were not valid. The need for adults on the field other than football coaches speaks for itself. A kid “slapping” another kid on the helmet is nothing more than an attempt to down play someone throwing a blow. The “good ole boy” statement is another example of blaming others for your schools inability to follow the rules that the rest of society deem normal. Keep making excuses. That will certainly help the kids lead successful lives after HS.

I didn’t make excuses I simply addressed some of the inaccuracies from the other persons post. From my understanding some already have heir PAP the archdiocese bg check was what held them out.

That is a great thing that the archdiocese is choosing to do. Is that new and is it done for all sports @ SCC?

Also what do you mean by a good ole boys league

Last edited:
LOL. How could they possibly recruit anyone from Springfield? There are kids seeing the writing on the wall that they won’t play at Springfield and realize they have an opportunity at SCC. I’m interested, how would that sales pitch go? Thats not recruiting thats being option B in a city with a ton of athletes.
That is a pretty good pitch right there. "You won't play at Springfield come here and you will start here as a freshman." Similar to what happened with the basketball team over there a couple years ago. None of those kids could play at Springfield so they went to Central. Great move on both ends. Central is desperate for students and those kids want to play sports.

Its done for all sports now. Not sure when that went into effect. It is embarassing that the ball was dropped somewhere, rather its on the AD for not communicating it to the staff or for whatever reason. Have to do better and move forward.

I didn’t make excuses I simply addressed some of the inaccuracies from the other persons post. From my understanding some already have heir PAP the archdiocese bg check was what held them out.
Straight from the Ohio department of education website. Read #5

Attachments

• 449F8DD9-ED64-4B78-9ABA-CB25AA7C4A67.png
    449F8DD9-ED64-4B78-9ABA-CB25AA7C4A67.png
    476.3 KB · Views: 26
I apologize for the good ole boys statement. Just irks me when people just lay it on pretending to be the victim. Don’t want to harp on the Greenon incident but they had two ejected to our one and were spewing the N word on the field and Knightsfan has yet to admit any Greenon players were at fault at all. Not fair to make a broad statement like that.

Straight from the Ohio department of education website. Read #5
I see that Toad but what does that prove? I know you need a PAP but they also have a seperate set of BG checks and rules they have to abide by as well with the archdiocese. We have two coaches who were on Springfields staff last year who had to sit out as well. I know for a fact they have their PAPs.

That is a pretty good pitch right there. "You won't play at Springfield come here and you will start here as a freshman." Similar to what happened with the basketball team over there a couple years ago. None of those kids could play at Springfield so they went to Central. Great move on both ends. Central is desperate for students and those kids want to play sports.
That “could” work but the with the amount of momentum Springfield has right now you would have to be “salesman of the year” to pull that one off. There are just a ton of athletes in Springfield and hopefully with this staff its a matter of time before some solid kids start coming over.

I see that Toad but what does that prove? I know you need a PAP but they also have a seperate set of BG checks and rules they have to abide by as well with the archdiocese. We have two coaches who were on Springfields staff last year who had to sit out as well. I know for a fact they have their PAPs.
Let’s assume your theory is correct. Ask yourself this question. Did the archdiocese request these background checks at 6:45 on Friday? I think we all know that answer. “This staff” has failed to follow the requirements put in front of them. Why would you think they have the ability to instill values to build a winning culture at SCC?

That “could” work but the with the amount of momentum Springfield has right now you would have to be “salesman of the year” to pull that one off. There are just a ton of athletes in Springfield and hopefully with this staff its a matter of time before some solid kids start coming over.
What do you mean "could"? Central currently has quite a few kids on the football team who should be at Springfield and the starting five on the basketball team a couple years ago were all Springfield kids as well. Time will only tell if the pipeline continues. I'm talking about Springfields 14-18th best players on the football team who will see little to no time are the ones that will transfer. Same with basketball will the kids who would get cut or make the team but never play continue to transfer? If I'm at Central it makes sense to seek these kids out and perfect sense for those kids to make the move.

I apologize for the good ole boys statement. Just irks me when people just lay it on pretending to be the victim. Don’t want to harp on the Greenon incident but they had two ejected to our one and were spewing the N word on the field and Knightsfan has yet to admit any Greenon players were at fault at all. Not fair to make a broad statement like that.
whatever you say. ill admit one Greenon player threw a punch and deserved to be thrown out. but the other? complete BS! I was at the game. I pay attention. I saw exactly what happened. your boys were standing over the Greenon players every other time they made a tackle. but the refs didn't do anything about that? my grandson was called the N word by 2 different Central players. I won't say numbers as I like to keep the kids out of it. He wasn't the only one either. Talked to a buddy who has family in the Greeneview program and he said they had the same problems with the refs and players at Central on Friday. this isn't a Greenon problem. ive never seen a Greenon player thrown out of a game until they played Catholic Central a few weeks back. I will also mention this was never a problem with Catholic Central until this year?

Regarding football only, I do not know what may or may not be going on with the SCC program & it’s culture. Looking at the #’s only, SCC is trending in the wrong direction. SCC is currently riding a 28 game losing streak and have not beaten a team that finished the season with a winning record since 2011 (SCC beat Triad 35-28 in wk 4 and finished the season 7-3). It simply comes down to #’s, No team can compete with less than 30 kids on the roster in grades 9-12. If numbers do not improve/increase, SCC will be forced to look at 8-man football. Since 2010 SCC has gone 32-74 - 30.19% with 17 of these wins coming in 2010 & 2011.

2020 0-4
2019 0-10
2018 0-10
2017 3-7
2016 6-4
2015 4-6
2014 0-10
2013 0-10
2012 2-8
2011 8-3
2010 9-2

I think you are simply guessing at this point. Imfrom my understanding the AD was apologizing for not communicating properly so I’m assuming that he probably.
whatever you say. ill admit one Greenon player threw a punch and deserved to be thrown out. but the other? complete BS! I was at the game. I pay attention. I saw exactly what happened. your boys were standing over the Greenon players every other time they made a tackle. but the refs didn't do anything about that? my grandson was called the N word by 2 different Central players. I won't say numbers as I like to keep the kids out of it. He wasn't the only one either. Talked to a buddy who has family in the Greeneview program and he said they had the same problems with the refs and players at Central on Friday. this isn't a Greenon problem. ive never seen a Greenon player thrown out of a game until they played Catholic Central a few weeks back. I will also mention this was never a problem with Catholic Central until this year?
So because its never happened that means its SCCs fault? Again we can run the game back and look at the double digit Unsportsman like conduct penalties you had. I guess those were all SCCs fault to? I’ve never seen so many Unsportmanlike penalties thrown on one team. That was disgusting. Alot of taunting and alot of after the whistle antics. Those flags don’t come for no reason. We will see how it goes all I know is these coaches inherited a dumpster fire and they're trying their best to turn it around.

Regarding football only, I do not know what may or may not be going on with the SCC program & it’s culture. Looking at the #’s only, SCC is trending in the wrong direction. SCC is currently riding a 28 game losing streak and have not beaten a team that finished the season with a winning record since 2011 (SCC beat Triad 35-28 in wk 4 and finished the season 7-3). It simply comes down to #’s, No team can compete with less than 30 kids on the roster in grades 9-12. If numbers do not improve/increase, SCC will be forced to look at 8-man football. Since 2010 SCC has gone 32-74 - 30.19% with 17 of these wins coming in 2010 & 2011.

2020 0-4
2019 0-10
2018 0-10
2017 3-7
2016 6-4
2015 4-6
2014 0-10
2013 0-10
2012 2-8
2011 8-3
2010 9-2
Yes the numbers are horrendous. I believe this staff can get this thing turned around. Inherited a huge mess and a team with no seniors and only two juniors(both who havent played since freshman year) it will take time but I truly believe by year 3 they will be a totally different team.

2020 0-4
2019 0-10
2018 0-10
2017 3-7
2016 6-4
2015 4-6
2014 0-10
2013 0-10
2012 2-8
2011 8-3
2010 9-2
I’m not sure about the past but we moved into the district last year and my son was on the middle school team. Coach Myers has been nothing but positive and I can tell he has been trying to establish a culture and rebuild what has been SO BAD the past few years. We never had any issues last year the entire season. We did however have one ejection the Greenview game for a blind side block on a punt return(that kid was corrected and told that was not what we are taught here....he was a recent transfer from Springfield) aside from that no issues whatsoever just some impressive football. I understand it takes time to turn something around with kids that are so young. But I’m confident we’re headed in the right direction.