Liberals Threatening Civil War

Trump voters hassling voters at the polls. Deplorable.

We've had a Summer of accepting peaceful protesters spreading Covid-19. And now you have a problem with peaceful protesters? As long as riots don't break out, let the protests proceed. If they break the law, arrest them.

I understand their frustration. It is frustrating when the other political party plays political games with the leadership of government. Trying to remove Trump was frustrating. Trying to prevent Kavanaugh was frustrating. Preventing Garland was frustrating. I'm sure the Democrats are working on all their political maneuvers to prevent Trump from appointing a new Supreme Court justice. Maybe the Democrats can pull it off and frustrate the Republicans again. Maybe not. Either way, it is just a political game that both sides play. Threatening illegal activity should be enough to get arrested.

Liberals Threatening Civil War?

1600554783214.png

That will be her epitaph, hopefully. Her supporters being beaten down following her death, thus minimizing any positive impact her life caused.

Here‘s the thing.....when you have a political party with absolutely no scruples and stands at the height of hypocrisy......as the GOP does on this SCOTUS issue......people are going to go insane with rage. It completely undermines faith in our republic. The GOP is going to ram this through because they can, not because they should. They are looking at the short term goal of raw power instead of looking down the pike and realizing this will bite them in the arse. If they do this the result will be:

1. They will lose the senate.
2. The dems will yank the filibuster, then expand the court to 12.
3. The right will howl and complain like the giant hypocritical snowflakes they are.
4. The GOP will be a minority party for decades. Or, our Democracy will end.....still unsure of how all of this plays out.

While I don’t agree with it, I think it’s time for the dems to play absolute hardball. If I were in charge...which I’m clearly not nor will be....I’d fire up the base, win the senate and spend 4 years making every GOP senator choke on it. That’s the route Mitch took. I think it has been incredibly damaging to our republic, but it’s the only viable route.

If they ram this through and the SCOTUS hands a contested election to Trump in a 6-3 decision.....you will see violence of epic proportions In our streets. And sadly, rightfully so. I have been telling friends for two years, I don’t think the US survives this. I would enjoy October.

Here‘s the thing.....when you have a political party with absolutely no scruples and stands at the height of hypocrisy......as the GOP does on this SCOTUS issue......people are going to go insane with rage. It completely undermines faith in our republic. The GOP is going to ram this through because they can, not because they should. They are looking at the short term goal of raw power instead of looking down the pike and realizing this will bite them in the arse. If they do this the result will be:

3. The right will howl and complain like the giant hypocritical snowflakes they are.
4. The GOP will be a minority party for decades. Or, our Democracy will end.....still unsure of how all of this plays out.

While I don’t agree with it, I think it’s time for the dems to play absolute hardball. If I were in charge...which I’m clearly not nor will be....I’d fire up the base, win the senate and spend 4 years making every GOP senator choke on it. That’s the route Mitch took. I think it has been incredibly damaging to our republic, but it’s the only viable route.

If they ram this through and the SCOTUS hands a contested election to Trump in a 6-3 decision.....you will see violence of epic proportions In our streets. And sadly, rightfully so. I have been telling friends for two years, I don’t think the US survives this. I would enjoy October.

And you'll see anarchists and communists stacked in the streets like cordwood.

Now is the time for the Dems to play hardball...because they never do that ? one reason Trump is so popular and you guys hate him is because it's a Republican finally playing hardball and not trying to win the nicest guy on Earth contest.

Ramming something through...you mean like the Dems with Obamacare?

If Biden gets rammed down our throats you will not see violence in the streets, and rightfully so...that is not how a civilized democracy works. We despised Obama's policies for 8 years and yet somehow managed to not burn the place down.

Dems are going to eliminate the filibuster and pack the court no matter what happens, using that as a threat to stop the nomination is a hollow one. In fact it very well may backfire in the election with reasonable people who dont believe elimination of minority party rights and legislation from the bench is how we should operate.

Now is the time for the Dems to play hardball...because they never do that ? one reason Trump is so popular and you guys hate him is because it's a Republican finally playing hardball and not trying to win the nicest guy on Earth contest.

Ramming something through...you mean like the Dems with Obamacare?

If Biden gets rammed down our throats you will not see violence in the streets, and rightfully so...that is not how a civilized democracy works. We despised Obama's policies for 8 years and yet somehow managed to not burn the place down.

Dems are going to eliminate the filibuster and pack the court no matter what happens, using that as a threat to stop the nomination is a hollow one. In fact it very well may backfire in the election with reasonable people who dont believe elimination of minority party rights and legislation from the bench is how we should operate.
Make no bones about it...the dems should have played hardball from day one of the tea bagger movement. The Republicans were too inept to quash the movement that has destroyed their party. The left should have done it for them.

If Biden wins the election, it will be because turnout is up...not because the SCOTUS hands him the election. And you most likely will see violence anyhow. I sincerely hope I’m wrong and just being paranoid....but I don’t see a good path out of this. The country is too divided, and President has spent too much time pulling at the threads.

Your side had has almost 4 years to repeal and replace the ACA. They’ve done nothing because THEY ARE INCAPABLE OF GOVERNING.

Make no mistake....Friday night was huge. The dems are absolutely fired up. If President rams one through, it will destroy the GOP. But I have no doubt they will do it. When your party is led by morons, they make incredibly stupid political decisions. And that is exactly what is about to happen. Anyone with half of a brain can see this coming 20 miles away. Overturn Roe v Wade, and you lose the female vote. Lose that, and you might have a senator from Mississippi, but that’s about it.

If you are a Republican, the best thing you can do is call your representatives in the Congress and Senate. Tell them to wait. Then they can campaign on the issue and possibly win the election, keep the senate, and name whoever they want to the SCOTUS. It’s such an easy and obvious game plan, I can’t believe it’s not playing out. But since the right is dominated by the uneducated, I doubt they will wait. And thus, the Republican Party will being the process of it's own extermination. I can’t wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they ram this through and the SCOTUS hands a contested election to Trump in a 6-3 decision.....you will see violence of epic proportions In our streets. And sadly, rightfully so.

So you are advocating violence over a Supreme Court appointee? I’m sure you‘ll be in the front lines on your cul de sac. My Gawd you people are nuts.?

I don't think BLM, anarchists, and Commies have the firepower to take on the National Guard and federal troops.

Nice try.
I don’t think the national guard or federal troops get involved....initially. And if you know anything about history, even if they do....there will be a terrible price on both sides.

If they ram this through and the SCOTUS hands a contested election to Trump in a 6-3 decision.....you will see violence of epic proportions In our streets. And sadly, rightfully so.

So you are advocating violence over a Supreme Court appointee? I’m sure you‘ll be in the front lines on your cul de sac. My Gawd you people are nuts.?
Not what I said at all. But not surprising that having beyond a surface understanding of anything is beyond your intellectual capabilities. IF they ram this through....IF there are election shenanigans and a contested election....and IF there is a 6-3 split.....then yes. Those are several ifs, and 2 of those ifs are unlikely.

I'm a pessimist when it comes to politics. I honestly don’t believe our republic survives this. It's been decades in the making, and it’s time to pay the bill. It’s not all on Trump or the GOP...there is plenty of blame to go around. We have not had a functioning government for over ten years now. Social media has done more damage to us than any foreign nation or politician could have. And television/radio media is to blame as well. We are a country that is addicted to rage, and have become so myopic that we can’t see that we have more in common than what we disagree on. A normal president would remind of us that. This is stoking us over the edge. I believe he will succeed.

Maybe I am nuts. You’d better hope that’s the case. I know I certainly hope I am.

I don’t have a paved road within a 1/2 mile of my house, and I’m much too old to be on the front lines of anything. But I can, and do, put my money behind causes that I believe in. Can you?

Last edited by a moderator: