LA Sheriff Challenges LeBron To Put Up Reward for Two Deputies Shot in Line of Duty

I don't know about common. It's not unusual, but not common.

Overall, it's still not a great strategy. You're basically saying they're not able to solve the crimes through normal investigation. Most murders don't have rewards associated with them.
thats not what it says at all. why wouldnt you use every available resource to get the job done?

It is sort of like saying. "Hey, we have noticed that you like to be involved, based on your public statements. How about helping us out with this very public shooting."
I hear what you're saying. He's done a ton locally, at least in both Akron and Cleveland, that will forever impact the lives of underprivileged kids. I don't regularly follow professional athletes on social media, so I can't speak to specific efforts he's made (or not made) there. Frankly, I stopped paying much attention to him in general when he bailed on Cleveland. Just a lot of folks speaking out of both sides of their mouths.

Heard the award is now north of 700k. Someone knows this guy and will squeal for that kind of cash.

I’m going to defend LeBron here. Yes, he says some stupid things when he tries to be an advocate. However, for the most part, he means well. He cannot take on the responsibility of solving every public issue. IMO, if he really wants to create positive change, he should pressure the NBA to cut ties with China.

I’m going to defend LeBron here. Yes, he says some stupid things when he tries to be an advocate. However, for the most part, he means well. He cannot take on the responsibility of solving every public issue. IMO, if he really wants to create positive change, he should pressure the NBA to cut ties with China.
Good luck on that. The NBA is way too tied to China.

The sheriff should shut up and concentrate on doing his job.

So should basketball and football players and entertainers and fast-food workers....... the world would be a better place if everyone just stayed in their lanes.

So, he's using other peoples' money so he doesn't have to do his job?

Instead of taking money from Taxpayers, use the money of wealthy people that stick their noses into the operational aspects of other professions. I like that idea.

I don't know about common. It's not unusual, but not common.

Overall, it's still not a great strategy. You're basically saying they're not able to solve the crimes through normal investigation. Most murders don't have rewards associated with them.
High profile ones do.

Thos certainly qualifies.

Instead of taking money from Taxpayers, use the money of wealthy people that stick their noses into the operational aspects of other professions. I like that idea.
I'm not sure why we're bothering to use taxpayers money to pay for a bunch of investigators then.

So what if some "NBA star" doesn't like something? Law enforcement officers are being hunted down in the streets. Their lives matter too. Playing in the NBA isn't more important than being an officer of the law.

So, he's using other peoples' money so he doesn't have to do his job?
No he's using money to get someone to talk who would have stayed silent. You have to believe someone in the hood knows the shooter and money talks. There is no honor among thieves is how the old saying goes. Eventually the reward will be high enough for someone to blow the whistle. I have no problem using private citizens'funds to fund the reward. Why are you so concerned with it? I woild think any law abiding citizen would love to see this perp get caught and if it takes private funded reqard money to get the evidence so be it. In a more perfect world,the law abiding citizens in any part of the city should want to step forward with details if they know any. But the reality is the hood won't rat" out someone no matter how heinous the crime iswhich is a sad statement about society in general.

And address Black on Black crime. There is not one high profile Black person willing to do that.

And address Black on Black crime. There is not one high profile Black person willing to do that.
I would say address the issues that lead to higher crime rates in black areas. Mostly the lack of fathers. That’s why I respect LeBron, he takes an active role in being a parent. You don’t see that from a lot of athletes, which is why some of them have s**tty kids (Pete Rose).

Yes he does, his rhetoric is feeding the hate and violence.
Yes and no. I think his words have more influence than he realizes. He tends to shoot from the hip and doesn’t really think how his words will be interpreted. That said, I don’t believe LeBron has any malicious intent, and doesn’t want to purposefully drive conflict.

I am disturbed by his fealty to China. He really wants Space Jam 2 to be released there and that’s not happening if he doesn’t play ball.

Yes and no. I think his words have more influence than he realizes. He tends to shoot from the hip and doesn’t really think how his words will be interpreted. That said, I don’t believe LeBron has any malicious intent, and doesn’t want to purposefully drive conflict.

I am disturbed by his fealty to China. He really wants Space Jam 2 to be released there and that’s not happening if he doesn’t play ball.
I think your love of Lebron is blinding you. Look I give him credit for all the good things he's done in Akron for the kids. But he's stepped way outside on this whole social issue deal and he is influencing the violence. When you have the stature he has anything you say will be taken to heart and he's been popping off quite a bit this year. He could be a useful mediator and help work towards a solution but instead he's another one who's chosen to just throw more gas on the fire.