Ohio Supreme ??

Maybe your check bounced or their financial background check on you turned up some red flags that they would not be able to exploit you and your son with more $$$ throughout the season so they went with a more "deserving" player.....

Ya, it costs $190 to try out. Tryout is 9/27 in Mason, Ohio. I’m guessing they wore out their welcome in the northern part of the state. A sucker’s born every day.
I'm down in Mason and I haven't heard anything about this tryout. Looked on their website and the location isn't listed. Looks like you have to register before they tell you where to go. Very clandestine.

It is so upsetting to see people be so hateful and lie because all you are doing in the end is trying to affect a child's future. Ohio Supreme has had several tryouts over the past two months because we are trying to find kids that fit our program. We most recently had our September tryout. We have tried out over 60 kids and have offered spots to about 14 players. We clearly stated we are not just taking any player and will select the best kids that we fine. We have kids who committed and we absolutely have a team. We are still looking for certain positions to finalize our roster. At that point, a tweet will be sent out congratulating the kids who made our team. We will be giving all players training in the winter and will apply for/sign up for the tournaments listed on our site. We will also have a legitimate college coach from North Carolina or Georgia coach the team.

It is so upsetting to see people be so hateful and lie because all you are doing in the end is trying to affect a child's future. Ohio Supreme has had several tryouts over the past two months because we are trying to find kids that fit our program. We most recently had our September tryout. We have tried out over 60 kids and have offered spots to about 14 players. We clearly stated we are not just taking any player and will select the best kids that we fine. We have kids who committed and we absolutely have a team. We are still looking for certain positions to finalize our roster. At that point, a tweet will be sent out congratulating the kids who made our team. We will be giving all players training in the winter and will apply for/sign up for the tournaments listed on our site. We will also have a legitimate college coach from North Carolina or Georgia coach the team.
So you’ve made over $8000, just on the tryout? Not bad...
$190 x 60 = $11,400
$190 x 14 = $2,660
$11,400 - $2660 = $8740

Last edited:
I will give Ohio Supreme the benefit of the doubt. And I understand the need for clubs to generate money, especially for the high school age teams but I don't think this is really the way. There are really 2 kinds of the teams. Teams that select talent and play together. The best teams that are like this have good coaches that can teach some of the finer points of the game when you are with them. The second kind of program takes kids and develops them in fall ball and during the offseason and during the season. They generally have the same players every year and fairly consistent. These teams don't have tons of elite talent but the clubs play a solid brand of ball and once in awhile will have a great team. The best kind of club (which we really don't have in Ohio yet) are the clubs that have enough kids in an age group for several teams, teach them the finer points in the fall, develop them in their individual skills in the offseason and can place those kids in tournaments that (a) they will play and (b) be competitive. These clubs have elite teams, gold teams, and silver teams but everybody plays and things are competitive. The issue is that to have this kind of a program, you must have money and/or a sponsor. Most programs north of the Mason-Dixon are way underfunded. And this causes all kinds of compromises and issues. I wish the Ohio Supreme good luck. I hope they gave all the kids that went through their tryout a professional evaluation on their strengths and weaknesses.

Maybe your check bounced or their financial background check on you turned up some red flags that they would not be able to exploit you and your son with more $$$ throughout the season so they went with a more "deserving" player.....
LMAO! Bam!

So...did kids get scholarships before this money making crap? Yes...they did.

Say what? $190 to try out? What is it a PBR? ?
I cannot remember but I feel like it was about $150. Maybe a little more. But, you got a profile, you go back later, play in a game, get video and a synopsis. And yes, colleges do look at the PBR stuff. Not the only thing by a long shot but it is a tool they use.