The official EBC Football Thread

Just was texting with some Alliance guys , sounds like Alliance is in turmoil already, kids giving up and refusing to play, others pointing fingers, oh boy. Sounds like the good ol aviators to me .

Dude I’ve bit my tongue on a lot of crap you’ve slung, I was at both Friday and Saturday games Alliance v Marlington, kids didn’t quit, and no fingers where pointed, enough of your bs . I’m not real hard to figure out who I am so you got something else to say about Our Alliance kids come find me! Troll

Just was texting with some Alliance guys , sounds like Alliance is in turmoil already, kids giving up and refusing to play, others pointing fingers, oh boy. Sounds like the good ol aviators to me .

I was at Alliance/Marlington last night and today. It was a very good game. Both teams are well coached and talented. It was a little sloppy for both teams at times but nothing unexpected considering it was the first game and the lack of a scrimmage. Alliance is good and will run the table in the league. I thought Marlington was supposed to be down this year? Didn't look like it to me.

Watching the game on an iPad was nice but not the same as being there but it was still nice to see it. Was Markins hurt? I didn’t see him play last night? The running backs didn’t have a chance, lots of missed blocks. Same with the QB, very little time to throw. Coaches need to improve the line play. The defense looked good early, but were on the field constantly. Even though it was 28-0 it was probably the best the defense looked in years. Seemed like a bunch of kids carried the ball. Looks like no feature back and running back by committee.
The better team won and it could have been worse. I heard all kinds of excuses from Lion fans after the game- except that the better team won. You have a better team this year but still the better team won. We have a better all around team by far. You run a generic 1 dimensional offense, your offensive line was overpowered and your QB is average at best. I know “the fast kid” was out but that would not have made a difference. Tired of excuses. Good news Lion fans- #10 is an animal! We were very impressed by that kid. We were worried in the stands after his first carry - he is every bit of the program weight of 210 and my son (warrior player) said they he runs a 4.5 or better, I believe it. thanks to you play caller for not feeding that kid the ball. He may have had 5 carries..He was a handful on the defensive line too (looks Ike a big time linebacker to me). #72 was a very good D lineman. I am very proud of our warriors effort- hoping for some big things this year.

Lol Salem will beat WB ! Hear the same stuff year after year WB this and WB that, they beat up on cupcakes non league then can’t beat anyone including Minerva in league. And the EBC is not a strong Football conference. League Prediction for me
Alliance
Salem
The rest fight it out

and WB has zero room to talk about 5th year seniors ?
Sorry, had to step away. You were saying......

Anyone have a report on the Salem/WB game? Sure seems like WB dominated from watching the scoreboard. I don’t think anyone expected that. WB that much improves or does Salem surprisingly suck this year? Both?

Anyone have a report on the Salem/WB game? Sure seems like WB dominated from watching the scoreboard. I don’t think anyone expected that. WB that much improves or does Salem surprisingly suck this year? Both?
WB 44-20 Final. Overall WB was much quicker than Salem. Hillyer had a nice game. Distributed the ball well and ran when he had to. I don't know how many yards the WB piled up, but it had to be a ton.

44-20. WB could have been worse. WB pulled their starters toward end of the 4th. Of course Salem didn’t and were beating up on the small kids with late hits and 2 personal foul later and the ball now first and goal. Harris sent back in the first team to shove it down their throats, so I thought to make it 52 ,but Instead They took a knee for the last min. Heard WB had 560 yds total offense Hillyer had over 400 yards in the air . Yes I been saying this class is the real deal with the help of the under classmen I expect a very good season.

won’t be the last time I am wrong
Well, well. You are more of a man than most of the people on Yappi who refuse to acknowledge when they are wrong. I was messing with you but I have much respect for you now. I do understand the disappointment of WB over the years vs. the hype. It seems like every year they are decimated with injuries but I hope this game showed what they are capable. of when healthy.

Very proud of our Marlington boys this weekend. I have total respect for Alliance and the rest of the EBC,. However, I would like to point out that when this year's Marlington senior/junior classes were in 8th and 7th grades......both of those classes were winless. In fact, this year's Duke Seniors were 0-28 from 6th to 9th grade. This should serve as reinforcement to all athletes and teams that if you struggle early.........stick together boys.....work hard....have faith in your coaches......and good things will eventually happen.

Best of luck to all this year!

Week 2 League games who do you got?

Carrollton at Marlington
Salem at Canton South
West Branch at Minerva

I have Carrollton winning a close game. But I am partial.
Salem will win against Canton South. Although I hear South could make some noise.
West Branch should get another W.

The better team won and it could have been worse. I heard all kinds of excuses from Lion fans after the game- except that the better team won. You have a better team this year but still the better team won. We have a better all around team by far. You run a generic 1 dimensional offense, your offensive line was overpowered and your QB is average at best. I know “the fast kid” was out but that would not have made a difference. Tired of excuses. Good news Lion fans- #10 is an animal! We were very impressed by that kid. We were worried in the stands after his first carry - he is every bit of the program weight of 210 and my son (warrior player) said they he runs a 4.5 or better, I believe it. thanks to you play caller for not feeding that kid the ball. He may have had 5 carries..He was a handful on the defensive line too (looks Ike a big time linebacker to me). #72 was a very good D lineman. I am very proud of our warriors effort- hoping for some big things this year.
As a Lion fan I agree 100%. The better team won. No excuses, watching the game on my the iPad- 27, 21 and 53 looked god for Carrollton and the QB made the throws to keep us honest. 10 and 72 are good players and have been for a few years. Good luck to the warriors the rest of the year!!

Week 2 League games who do you got?

Carrollton at Marlington
Salem at Canton South
West Branch at Minerva

I have Carrollton winning a close game. But I am partial.
Salem will win against Canton South. Although I hear South could make some noise.
West Branch should get another W.

I’ll go with
Carrolton
South
Wb

South finishes off STA today and posts a 20-0 shutout. The Knights have a ton of speed, size and talent and should win some games. Hats off to South on a great all around game vs a very solid opponent.

South looks much improved. They are definitely a program on the upswing. Good luck to the Wildcats the rest of the 2020 season.

Aquinas issues defensively can be corrected with experience as the season goes on. Not sure all the offensive woes are correctable at this point. The Knights are going to have to find a way to get the playmakers the ball on offense if they want a successful season.

Last edited:
South looks much improved. They are definitely a program on the upswing. Good luck to the Wildcats the rest of the 2020 season.

Aquinas issues defensively can be corrected with experience as the season goes on. Not sure all the offensive woes are correctable at this point. The Knights are going to have to find a way to get the playmakers the ball on offense if they want a successful season.

I can't recall being more disappointed with a week 1 performance from an Aquinas team...this one had high expectations coming into the year...totally outclassed, out-physicalled, out-prepped, out-coached, outplayed.

They have one of the top players in Stark County...a legit D-1 recruit....and they can't figure out any way to get him the ball when they're doing nothing on offense. STA has other good playmakers and athletes too, but with no QB that can throw, no time to throw (line was a huge disappointment), and none of the quick passing game we saw at times last year....they have no chance. Also didn't run the ball very well (and didn't run block)...which could have helped...especially in the 1st half when they were very much still in the game.

Before last week I thought Aquinas could possibly go 5-1 or at least 4-2 against this schedule. Now it's not impossible that they could go 1-5 or even 0-6...there are no gimmies if they play anything like that again on offense.

Kudos to Canton South.... they were the superior team and program in every way this past weekend! I see South easily moving to 2-0 after this week...they have some athletes, some good receivers, solid line play, and a freshman QB who looks to be a future star.

Last edited:
I can't recall being more disappointed with a week 1 performance from an Aquinas team...this one had high expectations coming into the year...totally outclassed, out-physicalled, out-prepped, out-coached, outplayed.

They have one of the top players in Stark County...a legit D-1 recruit....and they can't figure out any way to get him the ball when they're doing nothing on offense. STA has other good playmakers and athletes too, but with no QB that can throw, no time to throw (line was a huge disappointment), and none of the quick passing game we saw at times last year....they have no chance. Also didn't run the ball very well (and didn't run block)...which could have helped...especially in the 1st half when they were very much still in the game.

Before last week I thought Aquinas could possibly go 5-1 or at least 4-2 against this schedule. Now it's not impossible that they could go 1-5 or even 0-6...there are no gimmies if they play anything like that again on offense.

Kudos to Canton South.... they were the superior team and program in every way this past weekend! I see South easily moving to 2-0 after this week...they have some athletes, some good receivers, solid line play, and a freshman QB who looks to be a future star.

I’m sure a lot of folks won’t agree with me on this , but unless a kid is advanced physically or held back with a high level of maturity I disagree with Freshman playing on Friday nights. I have personally see 2 under developed freshman ruined physically. Both have life long shoulder injuries.

I’m sure a lot of folks won’t agree with me on this , but unless a kid is advanced physically or held back with a high level of maturity I disagree with Freshman playing on Friday nights. I have personally see 2 under developed freshman ruined physically. Both have life long shoulder injuries.
No kid that is a freshman that is playing is your average freshman. Unless they’re playing at a very small school.

I was able to watch the South game yesterday with a friend who has a kid on the team, what in the world were STA doing on offense? Looked like something from a school yard that was drawn up in the dirt. South was very solid though they did a great job converting 3rd and longs in both halves

Alliance fans—According to Arbiter the Aviators’ freshman team plays the Massillon Tigers next Thursday. Comments?
I’m not sure if they have any players your head coach would be willing to offer or not . I’m sure the booster club will have a few scouts at the game.

I think Carrollton is a very good football team and I am very curious to see how Carrollton does against Marlington. Minerva certainly struggled on offense and I think, largely due to Carrollton's defense. Minerva's defense probably looked better that it has in years. That game was very hard to get a feel for how good or bad either team is, however, in my opinion I really think Carrollton is a pretty good football team and can play with anyone in the league. I also think if Minerva can clean some things up on offense they will be competitive.

The big question is can Carrollton defend the pass? Minerva really doesn't have a passing game so all they did was load the box. If they can defend the pass the Warriors will have a great year.

As far as Minerva, can they find somewhat of a passing game to at least soften the defense up a little bit, they have the backs to be successful.