The official EBC Football Thread

Me either, I bet a lot of kids got held back this year with the season uncertainty.
I Hear the Young Malito boy from Girard was unstoppable in there past scrimmage. You’ll have your hands full with him this year. I think I’ll try to come see that game. Have a Band connection.
We don’t play girard this season, sadly that’s the only NE8 team we don’t play, they will live or die by that kid tho the cupboard is very dry the next couple years in girard

I do have a legit question for you .
How good do you really think the Salem Def is. They gave up 5 TDs in 5 processions to Springfield last week during their Scrimmage . Lol.
I think Springfield would do that to WB just as easy tho, but I see WB winning the game by a score or 2. Salem will come back to reality

Week 1 predictions
Alliance will roll over Marlington
Salem should beat WestBranch by 2 TD’s
Carrollton will continue there wining streak against Minerva. Might be a close tough battle.

How did Minerva do in their scrimmage? Did they even play?

I heard they did pretty well and if it had been a full game Minerva would have won by 3 scores. Minerva has 4-5 really good looking kids who can run the ball. The question is how far the line has come along. Granted it was against Tusky Central but I’ll take it. No knock on TCC either, I heard they had some quality players.

I heard they did pretty well and if it had been a full game Minerva would have won by 3 scores. Minerva has 4-5 really good looking kids who can run the ball. The question is how far the line has come along. Granted it was against Tusky Central but I’ll take it. No knock on TCC either, I heard they had some quality players.
Thanks for the recap- I have been out of town most the summer and things have been kind of quiet around town about the football team since I got back. I did hear that a couple of pretty good players decided not to play, but I also heard the off season training worked wonders and a lot of kids are bigger, stronger and faster.

Lol Salem will beat WB ! Hear the same stuff year after year WB this and WB that, they beat up on cupcakes non league then can’t beat anyone including Minerva in league. And the EBC is not a strong Football conference. League Prediction for me
Alliance
Salem
The rest fight it out

and WB has zero room to talk about 5th year seniors ?

Lol Salem will beat WB ! Hear the same stuff year after year WB this and WB that, they beat up on cupcakes non league then can’t beat anyone including Minerva in league. And the EBC is not a strong Football conference. League Prediction for me
Alliance
Salem
The rest fight it out

I can agree with a lot of what you're saying.
However, they didn't even beat up on the OOC games last year, losing to Woodridge, Girard and Struthers.
A lot of hype, but usually that's all it is.

Alliance
Salem
The rest fight it out

They had a lot of injuries last season I kept reading. Hillyer has coach day drooling.

Well what you saying now. Salem is getting Beat up all over the field. The Wb Def is fast An Hillyer will possibly have over 400 in air after tomorrow. Salem had 2maybe 3 first downs in the Half

Last edited:
Lol. I never said anything about Osu. Also fun jabbing back and forth with ya. Salem does have a very good looking line. I could get used to this live streaming! No way I was sitting in those storms

The coaches that West Branch sent over to Carrollton tonight to scout us for next week's game could have left after the first quarter because the same (and only) five plays we ran in quarter 1 were the same (and only) ones we ran in quarters 2,3, and 4. Embarrassing, these kids deserve better!!

Yes a tough loss as it happens when you play against good teams sometimes. Good game. Went to the wire. Wasn’t a 20 -30 point blowout or anything.
I wasn’t cutting on struthers, unlike you feel the need to do to Wb. Just saw the channel 27 highlights and that was the comments. How is the Hall boy do ?

The coaches that West Branch sent over to Carrollton tonight to scout us for next week's game could have left after the first quarter because the same (and only) five plays we ran in quarter 1 were the same (and only) ones we ran in quarters 2,3, and 4. Embarrassing, these kids deserve better!!
Sorry to hear that. A lot of talent on that team and a ton of Friday night experience. The new Carrolton coach is a pretty good coach.

Sorry to hear that. A lot of talent on that team and a ton of Friday night experience. The new Carrolton coach is a pretty good coach.
Warriors out played us and definitely out coached us and deserved to win. No disrespect to Carrollton but it ain't to tough to put the ball in the end zone four times when you start everyone of your drives on the other teams twenty.

I understand some of the games have been postponed do to the monsoon. So what are the scores? And when do they get finished up?

Warriors out played us and definitely out coached us and deserved to win. No disrespect to Carrollton but it ain't to tough to put the ball in the end zone four times when you start everyone of your drives on the other teams twenty.
Watching the game on an iPad was nice but not the same as being there but it was still nice to see it. Was Markins hurt? I didn’t see him play last night? The running backs didn’t have a chance, lots of missed blocks. Same with the QB, very little time to throw. Coaches need to improve the line play. The defense looked good early, but were on the field constantly. Even though it was 28-0 it was probably the best the defense looked in years. Seemed like a bunch of kids carried the ball. Looks like no feature back and running back by committee.