Elder Vs La Salle

I’m not the one who brought up/implied illegal recruiting. You can’t just continue to type that crap and expect to get away with it.

I only said they are being quiet about it as in down playing or trying to not let the cat out of the bag. Elder obviously has no tape on these guys so I'm sure they would be interested to know if they have added any new high caliber players. I don't think the Elder staff gets too caught up in the other team though. They are usually more focused on themselves executing their scheme/plays. I really don't know much nor seen the two new players play. They could be overhyped for all I know. We'll find out soon enough.

Ive seen elder beat teams they have no business beating, but not this one. Too much inexperience to start the season.

Are those 17 points coming after Lasalle is up 42-0 on a running clock? Over/under on the number of passes Elder catches is 1.

Ramsey is a bona fide stud. He will get them some scoring action. Outside of him, there’s a lot of question marks. Good high school caliber players, but not difference makers like LaSalle will have.

Ramsey is Elders only difference maker.

The current hurricane track will be almost directly due south of the city at game time. May be wise to postpone until Saturday evening. I hate when teams have to play in driving rain.

No dog in the fight, but I think that if Lasalle shows up focused they should take care of business and pull away in the 3rd quarter.

If Elder is having to reload like it sounds, and Lasalle can jump out to an early lead, having to put the ball in the air a lot to play catch up on offense does not bode well for them with the Lancer DB corps, which sounds like it will be one of the best in the nation-not just city or state.

La Salle at Elder

What to watch:
The Pit is going to look very different without a complete, purple-filled crowd, but the top Cincinnati-area football game in Week 1 is in Price Hill this Friday night. The last time these two conference rivals played in a game that mattered, it was in their respective state championships at Canton's Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium.

La Salle took home a Division II crown while Elder came up short in the D-I state final. These two programs have split their last 10 meetings, with seven of the games decided by six points or less. That includes last season, when the Lancers held on to defeat the Panthers for the GCL-South title, 27-25.

Junior Drew Ramsey replaces All-Ohio signal-caller Matthew Luebbe. Last season, Ramsey caught 61 passes for 633 yards and five scores and ran for 319 yards and four touchdowns. Ramsey will have a tough test in his first start, facing a La Salle secondary that features four Division I commits in Jaylen Johnson, Iesa Jarmon, Jaymar Hargrove-Mundy and Devonta Smith.

La Salle will have its state-champion quarterback returning this season in Zach Branam. As a junior last season, he threw for nearly 1,700 yards and ran for nearly 1,400. He'll have plenty of weapons at his disposal, starting with junior running back Gi'Bran Payne, who has been offered by the likes of Alabama, Michigan, UC, Purdue, Wisconsin and a bunch more.

Picks: La Salle (Springer, Dermer, Harrison, Newton, Weber).

I only said they are being quiet about it as in down playing or trying to not let the cat out of the bag.

While I think Carefree ought to calm himself down, you implied a lot more than that. You clearly wanted to make it something nefarious when it is not.

No dog in the fight, but I think that if Lasalle shows up focused they should take care of business and pull away in the 3rd quarter.

La Salle would be wise to remember that last year, and in 2017 as well, it was Elder who was the favorite to come in a take care of business. In 2019, the Panthers were the DI juggernaut heading toward a GCL coronation and long playoff run with hope of a state title. Most of that was dead-on except 27-25.

Its not wise to take any Elder team lightly. Regardless of the talent depth, the team will be filled with kids with no fear, no quit, and a solid game plan. I agree with a previous poster that LaSalle will pull away in the second half.

Also weird in the Enquirer article that again they list Ramsey as taking over for Luebbe, when all indications are that Hambleton is the QB (with likely Ramsey mixed in). Does anyone know for sure? Does it really matter since it seems both will be taking snaps?

While I think Carefree ought to calm himself down, you implied a lot more than that. You clearly wanted to make it something nefarious when it is not.

In that comment no. I was literally saying you guys were trying to keep things close to the vest. The topic you are referring to is not worth bringing up here.

Also weird in the Enquirer article that again they list Ramsey as taking over for Luebbe, when all indications are that Hambleton is the QB (with likely Ramsey mixed in). Does anyone know for sure? Does it really matter since it seems both will be taking snaps?

I am certain Lasalle will be gearing their defensive game plan around stopping Ramsey. They know he will be at QB.

I don’t know what that is, please explain.

If it means me, my son, and my neighbors son all got cut from Elder sports, then yes, that’s me.
No dude I wouldn't insult you like that.

JLP is one of many people on yappi who spends his time here defending his instruction against alll slights real and imagined by attacking everyone.

Guys like that don't talk football. They chest thump and spread vitriol. ..it's classless.

No dude I wouldn't insult you like that.

JLP is one of many people on yappi who spends his time here defending his instruction against alll slights real and imagined by attacking everyone.

Guys like that don't talk football. They chest thump and spread vitriol. ..it's classless.
Then a full page of thoughtful commentary comparison retracted.

I am excited about this game. ..

My top 5 ...
LaSalle
Hoban
Massillon
Avon Lake
Toledo CC.
I've set up a command central to follow them all...

I miss football...

I know well the physical location of Winton Woods. The district track meet was held there for decades. Also I went there many times when I was researching the history of the sport in Cincinnati. If you would have read the post above mine, you would see that unclebob's top five teams left off Winton Woods, hence my post after his asking where was Winton Woods on his list. I believe they are better than both Avon and Toledo Central Catholic for sure.

Last edited:
You're kidding right? One die hard Elder fan predicted Lasalle blows Elder out with a running clock. Everyone in the Lasalle thread is calling this the best team Lasalle has ever had. You guys are also being quiet about the 2 transfers Lasalle got this year. Let's hope Elder can keep this respectable.
I'm not buying it. Elder is Div I big boy. LaSalle is Div II.
Watch out LaSalle. These comments that are coming out from Elder fans are just a trick. You know how they do. LOL!