Perseid Meteor Shower

Lmao. Perhaps his wife and son "didn't get it" either, so they gave up quickly because chs was being an asş and they just wanted to go back to the hotel.
We weren't at a hotel, it was a cabin. I wasn't searching for constellations, I was just looking. After looking at the stars we went into the mountains to find owls.

Thank you, but we don't want a computer software program to tell us what star we are looking at. Anybody can do that.

We weren't at a hotel, it was a cabin. I wasn't searching for constellations, I was just looking. After looking at the stars we went into the mountains to find owls.

Thank you, but we don't want a computer software program to tell us what star we are looking at. Anybody can do that.

Well it's clear that YOU don't want a computer software program to tell you what star you are looking at but that's still no reason to be rude when someone who doesn't know you tries to offer a friendly suggestion. Let's replay how this could have gone.

chs1971: sky was so full, after a minute the wife and son gave up trying to id constellations.
helpful person: there's this ap you can use on your self phone to help with that.
everyone but chs1971: Oh that's neat, what is it? Here's another...
chs1971: that DOES sound neat but I think we were more interested in the trying to find than the actual knowing. or could have just said, "thanks."

?

Download a bird calling app. It'll make identifying the birds so much easier

Most people learning birding take a field book that helps them look up and identify the birds more accurately. The app is just a more efficient version. Same with identifying constellations.

Only a moron would prefer to wing it. ??‍♂️

Got the CD's to study a long time ago. Actually there are some old cassette tapes somewhere...

I know there are apps they will identify a bird call for you if your phone can hear it, but where's the fun in that?

Last edited:
Got the CD's to study a long time ago. Actually there are some old cassette tapes somewhere...

I know there are apps they will identify a bird call for you if your phone can hear it, but where's the fun in that?
You don't get it either.

There's value and enjoyment in study, and going, and finding, and knowing.

Sorry, but it is pretty comical and nerdy that Sigarette has an app for the constellations ? and totally unsurprising that Princess thinks its cool

Is it fun discovering new things or going to new places that I know little or nothing about?

Yeah.

Like when you visit the debate board and discuss life and politics.

you know that ep was going to hit that hanging curve. I just wanted to be first.

Metalstorm.jpg