The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Barnhart cannot lay a bunt down, Lorenzen is inserted into the game to pinch run and then almost gets picked off, and then you close it out by having Colon make the final out when you could've had Votto in there. Totally ridiculous

Stephenson needs to be brought up. Barnhart is an automatic out

That’s our Reds. Votto would have popped out. Face it. Cincinnati is where sports (Bengal /reds) go to die. Underachieving. Disappointing. Sub par. Laughing stock. Pick your adjective

That’s our Reds. Votto would have popped out. Face it. Cincinnati is where sports (Bengal /reds) go to die. Underachieving. Disappointing. Sub par. Laughing stock. Pick your adjective
I mean he had the game winning hit just last night but whatever I guess

Barnhart cannot lay a bunt down, Lorenzen is inserted into the game to pinch run and then almost gets picked off, and then you close it out by having Colon make the final out when you could've had Votto in there. Totally ridiculous

Stephenson is hurt.

He did beat the crap out of that plastic bucket though - good guy to have in a fight.

This loss is another one on Ding-a-ling's ledger:
- Start Miley when Mahle and Antone are available and have pitched great
- pinch run for Votto early, when it is obvious he will get another AB in a close game
- pinch run Lorenzen for VanMeter (who stole 10+ bases last year), wasting two players
- after inserting pinch runner, call for bunt??

Dude is flipping incompetent. Needs fired. Always over-manages trying to show how smart he is, when in reality he is a dope. Let your best players play. EXPLETIVES!

ANY team that has to rely on a dude named Christian Colon in the bottom of the ninth is not very well constructed ?

I mean say what you will about Votto, he's not popping out. I think he's only popped out less than 10 times his whole career.

I mean say what you will about Votto, he's not popping out. I think he's only popped out less than 10 times his whole career.
Ok. He had 4 soft fly outs Sunday he’s a loser in a losing team. We can certainly agree on that

Here’s what I say. As the teams leader the Reds have lost over 90 games 4 of the last five years....he’s the “leader”. He’s a leading loser...... hope he retires soon

Here’s what I say. As the teams leader the Reds have lost over 90 games 4 of the last five years....he’s the “leader”. He’s a leading loser...... hope he retires soon
Sometimes great players get stuck on bad teams. Ever heard of Mike Trout? Ernie Banks? Tony Gwynn? Etc, Etc, Etc. Votto will be in the Hall of Fame.

Votto isn't the reason the Reds have been terrible the last half decade.

That last pitch looked like it bounced in front of the plate, no idea what Suarez was swinging at.

Pro sports really have nothing to do with the city their located in. It all starts with ownership and team building. Oakland has 2 of the best run franchises (Athletics and Warriors) and had one of the most dysfunctional (Raiders). Everyone just thinks there’s some kind of correlation bc they often root for the same pro sports teams within the city.

Pro sports really have nothing to do with the city their located in. It all starts with ownership and team building. Oakland has 2 of the best run franchises (Athletics and Warriors) and had one of the most dysfunctional (Raiders). Everyone just thinks there’s some kind of correlation bc they often root for the same pro sports teams within the city.
I stand by what I say. I agree with ownership. Can you think of worse owners than the Brown Family. And while the Reds appear to try more the end result is the same. Look at their record the last 5 years
Cincinnati is where sports go to die. No deep meaning. Don’t overthink it. It’s just so

I stand by what I say. I agree with ownership. Can you think of worse owners than the Brown Family. And while the Reds appear to try more the end result is the same. Look at their record the last 5 years
Cincinnati is where sports go to die. No deep meaning. Don’t overthink it. It’s just so
Curse of Zinzinnati