Stone Tools Suggest Humans Lived In North America Earlier Than Expected

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Stone tools found in a Mexican cave suggest that people were living in North America as early as about 26,500 years ago, much earlier than most scientists accept, a new study says.

It’s a new step in the difficult and contentious process of establishing when people arrived in North America from Asia. Presently, the most widely accepted dates for the earliest known North American archaeological sites date to before 15,000 years ago and extend maybe to 17,000 years ago, says anthropology professor Tom Dillehay of Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. He was not involved in the cave study.

It’s a new step in the difficult and contentious process of establishing when people arrived in North America from Asia.

I'd imagine they're saying the Bering Strait people.

No DNA, no bones,... they found evidence?

IIRC, the people that preceded the Natives were not the same that crossed the Bering Strait
Are you suggesting the people that crossed the Bering Strait from Asia were not the first people to populate the Americas? I have not heard that theory/hypothesis.

Are you suggesting the people that crossed the Bering Strait from Asia were not the first people to populate the Americas? I have not heard that theory/hypothesis.

Most all honest archaeologist and anthropologist know the Americas were a melting pot for many tens of thousands of years. Jade from Japan, anchors from Polynesia, tobacco in Egypt and on and on...literally thousands of examples.
Most people do not know the Clovis/paleo culture/ technology started in the east and moved west. Most believe this culture was among the first and developed from the European Solutrean people 20,000 + years ago. stone tools have been found along the east coast with the source material originating in Europe....remember the coastline back then would be under 100' + of water so much is missing. Whenever organic material or bones from these early sites are found they are usually reburied by anti science native activist before they can get carbon 14 dates from the samples. Kennewick man being just one example that was hidden as soon as the Reconstruction showed obvious European features.

I have been a armature archaeologist and studied, hunted and dug these things for years with professionals and other armatures for 30 years. I can assure you the text books are wrong.

Years ago I read an article about a settlement in South America that dated too old to be from the Bering migration. I think there was evidence of Polynesian immigration.

Last edited: