Dewine to Announce Football Decision Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all--Bad Blake blamed the case #'s going up due to testing people who aren't showing up positive---the #'s are rising because more people are showing up POSITIVE---if someone tests and isn't positive then that person isn't reflected in the POSITIVE #'s
Good. I'm glad you think we should be counting the negative tests as well. Decisions should be made with accurate data, no?

Good. I'm glad you think we should be counting the negative tests as well. Decisions should be made with accurate data, no?
Bingo Pat--all cases positive and negative need to be reflected in the data--the problem is when POSITIVE % keeps climbing irregardless how much testing is being done---the increase in positive case #'s as a % of tests is what is concerning!!

Willing to bet that all the states are lying about their positive cases, like Florida
Extremely scary. 98% positivity rate from Orlando Florida labs? The real number is 9%? Who is monitoring said data? 76% in a VA hospital, when the "real" number is 6%?

Or maybe the state has that many positives and has already achieved herd immunity. Either way, there is a falsity that we are being fed and someone needs to get to the bottom of it.

Bingo Pat--all cases positive and negative need to be reflected in the data--the problem is when POSITIVE % keeps climbing irregardless how much testing is being done---the increase in positive case #'s as a % of tests is what is concerning!!
If your not counting all the negative tests the severity of the spread looks worse than what it actually is, which is what some people want. I'm not going to say this is done on purpose because I don't know that. This has not and never been about public health. People have gone to their ideological corners and will do and say anything to defend their position. The tribalism in this country is more dangerous than the virus.

And then there is this story from Florida Sun Sentinel saying "That scenario is nonsense,” he said. “It is not consistent with the operations at the site.”
"As Florida reported the largest single-day increase in positive coronavirus cases anywhere in the United States since the beginning of the pandemic, social media began buzzing with people who claim they left a coronavirus test site because of a long line, but they still received a positive test result.
While this scenario sounds scary, there is no proof to back it up.
The Florida Department of Health, which is responsible for releasing information about testing said contact information for individuals at drive-thru testing sites is collected once they are about to be tested. If an individual provided their information, it is likely that they were also tested, “At this time, we have not had any reports of individuals receiving results from the site without being tested. Results are distributed via labs and questions about false results should be directed to the appropriate testing lab,” the Department of Health said.
At least four companies who each operate multiple test sites in South Florida say this scenario is highly unlikely."

Hard to believe conflicting stories from Florida about accurate testing although their Gov DeSantis was gleefully dancing with Pence 6 weeks ago about low numbers so I'm sure he isn't for high positive testing results--why would labs want #'s to be wrong as they get same amount per test performed whether it's positive or negative result--very curious, but we know Florida is a pretty screwed up place!!

And then there is this story from Florida Sun Sentinel saying "That scenario is nonsense,” he said. “It is not consistent with the operations at the site.”
Hard to believe conflicting stories from Florida about accurate testing although their Gov DeSantis was gleefully dancing with Pence 6 weeks ago about low numbers so I'm sure he isn't for high positive testing results--why would labs want #'s to be wrong as they get same amount per test performed whether it's positive or negative result--very curious, but we know Florida is a pretty screwed up place!!

Tribalism Example A.

Tribalism Example A.
Wait what--simply showing how Florida has 2 different stories circulating about testing accuracy--maybe both are true or not---both Florida and Ohio have GOP Governors and I believe Ohio is in a better place than Florida right now because of DeWine and Acton as far back as March--Florida has basically done zero and is paying for it massively--nothing tribal as I appreciate Governor DeWine's actions since early March.

Florida has already reported 112 deaths today.(That will be added to by 9pm tonight) Yesterday was 132.

One day after the state reported a daily record of 132 additional COVID-19 related deaths, Florida reported an additional 112 coronavirus-related fatalities. The seven-day average for deaths statewide increased to 90.29, more than double the average on July 5. (44.57).
(That seems significant)

Wait what--simply showing how Florida has 2 different stories circulating about testing accuracy--maybe both are true or not---both Florida and Ohio have GOP Governors and I believe Ohio is in a better place than Florida right now because of DeWine and Acton as far back as March--Florida has basically done zero and is paying for it massively--nothing tribal as I appreciate Governor DeWine's actions since early March.

As far as deaths go, Florida has basically kicked Ohio's . ?‍♂️

Cuomo sure did a great job in New York.

It has less to do with governors and more to do with inaccuracy of data being passed along. I'm fairly confident that an investigation into a lab reporting 98% of its patients positive isn't a falsity. Its simply incompetency of these labs to show us truly what is going on in Florida, and likely the US. We are testing for a virus. Something that has rarely and possibly never been done on this scale. Anyone believing the "numbers" as 100% fact probably isn't seeing the bigger picture.

Extremely scary. 98% positivity rate from Orlando Florida labs? The real number is 9%? Who is monitoring said data? 76% in a VA hospital, when the "real" number is 6%?

Or maybe the state has that many positives and has already achieved herd immunity. Either way, there is a falsity that we are being fed and someone needs to get to the bottom of it.
Or what about the hospital administrator in Texas that went on National news and said his icu was at 230% of capacity and that they are in a dire state, it was later found out that his hospital had a total of 9 ICU beds.

There is a lot of false information that is being passed off as fact that being used to govern our lives. I don't know the reason why but it is happening and it isn't that hard to see if one wants to.

All the numbers are suspect at this time. Deaths "with" CV and deaths "By" CV are all in together. 42k have tested positive and recovered, many not even going into a hospital, so hospitalization numbers could be unreliable. If you are tested multiple times, each test is counted, so one person can account for 3 test numbers.

Or what about the hospital administrator in Texas that went on National news and said his icu was at 230% of capacity and that they are in a dire state, it was later found out that his hospital had a total of 9 ICU beds.

Not sure how this is a lie? If they had over twice the amount of ICU patients as they have beds then that's accurate. Most hospitals have limited number of ICU beds though many have tried to quickly expand with COVID. And it's not like everything else that needed ICU care just stopped.

Not sure how this is a lie? If they had over twice the amount of ICU patients as they have beds then that's accurate. Most hospitals have limited number of ICU beds though many have tried to quickly expand with COVID. And it's not like everything else that needed ICU care just stopped.
It is not a lie, but it is a solid example how looking at headlines from the main stream media (conservative and liberal) does nothing but provoke an agenda and create division. Big reason that we cannot come up with a cohesive plan. Another example from yesterday:

The local news agency went on to talk about how (15) hospitals are exceeding ICU capacity by up to 200% in Miami Dade county. They listed the hospitals. I went online to find information on these hospitals. They were all satellite hospitals within 2-3 miles of main teaching hospitals in the county. Every one of these hospitals had less than 12-beds capacity, many were 5 and under. Looking at the main hospitals, they were at roughly 76% capacity, with over 50% of patients being there for non Covid issues.

It’s all in the narrative. Fear sells clicks and ads.

Fair point, but I often say to my kids it's not what you say, but how you say it. Saying 230% capactity sounds a lot worse than 31 people in the ICU. It's sensationalism which seems to be popular during this pandemic.

But we sure know those who are, LOL!!!
Exactly--that's why I don't want the 4 coaches in our family who also are 2 teachers and 1 guidance counselor to be at risk the same as the kids they coach and teach each and every day, who then go home to spouses and young children in their homes---it's kind of like a pyramid as it starts at a point at the top and gets really wide at the base---being in Warren County is right next door to Butler, Hamilton, and Clermont so I'm fairly sure that virus can cross county lines---

In Florida, according to Fox:

Just wait ---Here it comes Tom in 3..2..1.. "and those numbers are inflated in Florida and kids getting sick can't happen in Ohio"???--it really doesn't matter at this point as DeWine will have the final say-so as to school and sports.

Just wait ---Here it comes Tom in 3..2..1.. "and those numbers are inflated in Florida and kids getting sick can't happen in Ohio"???--it really doesn't matter at this point as DeWine will have the final say-so as to school and sports.
Haha.

But.....how many of those were tested in Orlando's 98% positive lab.....hmmmm........

Its real. Its here. Its never going away. Ohio is playing ball. Ohioans are going back to school. Just maybe not in your county.

Sadly (and somewhat gladly) there have been only four deaths in children in Florida. All four had pre-existing conditions. It doesn't take away from the death. But it certainly gives hope that our kids are coming away from this virus at a much lower death clip than Type A or Type B Influenza.

A lot of people test positive, and have no symptoms of the virus. They call them asymptomatic.
You are starting to hear more and more about people that find out they tested positive for the virus... when they weren't even tested at all. They register to get tested and then leave because the lines are so big... what a joke!!

Exactly--that's why I don't want the 4 coaches in our family who also are 2 teachers and 1 guidance counselor to be at risk the same as the kids they coach and teach each and every day, who then go home to spouses and young children in their homes---it's kind of like a pyramid as it starts at a point at the top and gets really wide at the base---being in Warren County is right next door to Butler, Hamilton, and Clermont so I'm fairly sure that virus can cross county lines---
It can also infect the millions upon millions of essential workers that have gone to work every single day since mid-March. Many who are earning wages at the lowest end of the spectrum. But hey, let’s just ignore the fact they went to work every day for months with no PPE and besides close quarter meat packing plants, their rate of infection was not appreciably higher than the general population who was in lockdown.

As I have stated before, absolutely no one on Yappi will have any influence on whether or not football is played in Ohio. You are correct - DeWine makes the final decision. For those who say," Oh, the virus doesn't affect school kids, etc,etc,etc., look at Florida and the fact that the report came from Fox, not a "liberal Fake News station."

You are starting to hear more and more about people that find out they tested positive for the virus... when they weren't even tested at all. They register to get tested and then leave because the lines are so big... what a joke!!
I notice there are finally little things leaking out, that is signalling that this whole virus thing is exaggerated

It can also infect the millions upon millions of essential workers that have gone to work every single day since mid-March. Many who are earning wages at the lowest end of the spectrum. But hey, let’s just ignore the fact they went to work every day for months with no PPE and besides close quarter meat packing plants, their rate of infection was not appreciably higher than the general population who was in lockdown.
Bingo! While the rest of Ohio works and brings home whatever they come across to their kids......we now have to somehow worry that teachers are at risk and the kids are somehow at even more risk......even though those same kids have been playing ball, in pools, at stores, at water parks, on vacations, in restaurants, eaten from a fast food restaurant, or came in contact with outside society all summer long.

But now, suddenly a small faction of the population (teachers) are somehow going to be at risk and put others at risk when the rest of the state has been at risk for months? Doesn't make sense.

Shut it all down!!! Teachers have to go to school!!!

Then do not coach or teach for the time being. Why should you prevent me from coaching kids that want to play and who's parents want them to play? Stay inside until there is a vaccine if you feel like it. We have over 100 kids that have been busting tail to get back some part of their life and you want to take it away because you are fearful. Stay home, nobody is making you do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.