Supreme Court Undercuts Access To Birth Control Under Obamacare

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Supreme Court Undercuts Access To Birth Control Under Obamacare

The U.S. Supreme Court has made it more difficult for women to get access to birth control as part of their health plans if their employer has religious or moral objections to contraceptives.

The opinion upheld a Trump administration rule that significantly cut back on the Affordable Care Act requirement that insurers provide free birth control coverage as part of almost all health care plans.

"We hold that the [Trump administration] had the authority to provide exemptions from the regulatory contraceptive requirements for employers with religious and conscientious objections," Justice Clarence Thomas wrote for the majority.

"Today, for the first time, the Court casts totally aside countervailing rights and interests in its zeal to secure religious rights to the nth degree," Ginsburg wrote.

Holy crap, that's nonsensical and no where near a legal objection.

Sad this crazy old bat won't stop embarrassing herself with her judicial activism. I can't wait to see who President Trump replaces her with!

"Today, for the first time, the Court casts totally aside countervailing rights and interests in its zeal to secure religious rights to the nth degree," Ginsburg wrote.

Holy crap, that's nonsensical and no where near a legal objection.

Sad this crazy old bat won't stop embarrassing herself with her judicial activism. I can't wait to see who President Trump replaces her with!
Would love to be a fly on the wall when she meets her maker soon

What woman in her right mind would work for a company that gives two sh@ts about womens health. Makes them noncompetitive in the real world. Fine for Catholic schools, but any real company it is a problem so I predict the market corrects the issue. Not to mention I am guessing health insurance companies charge more for coverage that eliminates preventive care and attracts breeders that have 9-10 kids.

How many companies even offer comprehensive healthcare anymore? Seems like plenty of women are working for companies that don't care about their access to birth control.

It really is crazy that we have shifted so much to the left that religious objections are considered extreme.

What woman in her right mind would work for a company that gives two sh@ts about womens health. Makes them noncompetitive in the real world. Fine for Catholic schools, but any real company it is a problem so I predict the market corrects the issue. Not to mention I am guessing health insurance companies charge more for coverage that eliminates preventive care and attracts breeders that have 9-10 kids.
Why do you assume all women want birth control or access to abortion?
A lot of women like being moms.

I guess the concept of they can buy birth control like I do as a man is lost on people.

What woman in her right mind would work for a company that gives two sh@ts about womens health. Makes them noncompetitive in the real world. Fine for Catholic schools, but any real company it is a problem so I predict the market corrects the issue.

Well, pretty much everything you predict ends up being wrong, so...?‍♂️

Just for kicks though, why is it fine for Catholic schools and not for anyone else?

Not to mention I am guessing health insurance companies charge more for coverage that eliminates preventive care and attracts breeders that have 9-10 kids.

Hard to imagine you having a dumber take than this anytime this week lol. My god.

Well, pretty much everything you predict ends up being wrong, so...?‍♂️

Just for kicks though, why is it fine for Catholic schools and not for anyone else?

Hard to imagine you having a dumber take than this anytime this week lol. My god.
Personally I do not think we should have healthcare through employers at all. My point is the market will influence the issue....who wants to work for a corporation that does not support the medical needs of your gender.

Personally I do not think we should have healthcare through employers at all. My point is the market will influence the issue....who wants to work for a corporation that does not support the medical needs of your gender.
The same market that you want eliminated?

"Today, for the first time, the Court casts totally aside countervailing rights and interests in its zeal to secure religious rights to the nth degree," Ginsburg wrote.Holy crap, that's nonsensical and no where near a legal objection.Sad this crazy old bat won't stop embarrassing herself with her judicial activism. I can't wait to see who President Trump replaces her with!

She's dead. Some clerk wrote that.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. That way we can make the decision what options we would like to have in coverage, and not be placed into a 'coverage for everything for all' type of plan.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. That way we can make the decision what options we would like to have in coverage, and not be placed into a 'coverage for everything for all' type of plan.
Um so if no employer coverage you must mean government run HC right? And you think this will increase our choices?

Um so if no employer coverage you must mean government run HC right? And you think this will increase our choices?

No - not government run, but the free market instead. Allow me to choose from the multitude of options that would become available if no one had coverage through their employer.

Because without the ability to control their own sexual health they become unable to control basically everything else in their lives.
God that's dumb. Women can buy condoms and make their partners wear them. It ain't that difficult. And as an added bonus, it protects them from STD's.

God that's dumb. Women can buy condoms and make their partners wear them. It ain't that difficult. And as an added bonus, it protects them from STD's.
The modern world provides better alternatives. Why pay for pills? and not birth control pills?

Last edited by a moderator: