ICE says students on visas must return home if classes are online

They can watch the recorded version in the morning or really whenever they like. Technology is awesome. I’m more concerned about the two Chinese players on my daughters soccer team. They’re pretty good.?
Now that I think about it if the season is played it will impact a lot of teams. I only know Woman’s soccer but the rosters are full of ladies from Canada, France, England, New Zealand, Spain etc.

Last edited:
They can watch the recorded version in the morning or really whenever they like. Technology is awesome. I’m more concerned about the two Chinese players on my daughters soccer team. They’re pretty good.?
Now that I think about it if the season is played it will impact a lot of teams. I only know Woman’s soccer but the rosters are full of ladies from Canada, France, England, New Zealand, Spain etc.
It is a bit ridiculous.

Multiple problems with this, whether it's issues of web accessibility and quality or needing to use VPNs to access web materials in places like China that have crappy censored internet. And hubman is correct in some having issues with return travel due to current restrictions.

Major grandstanding by ICE that is going to force many into having to figure out how to transfer to an institution offering in-person instruction this fall at the last minute possible, or else face the wrath of immigration and customs.

I'd imagine that at places with higher numbers of foreigners, this is going to be a big incentive to announce having in-person instruction sooner rather than later. Schools aren't going to want to miss out on getting foreigner $$$ because Immigration and Customs decided to be dcks.

Most schools are having classes and hybrid models.

It was the same before Covid in that we would not issue Visas for students attending strictly online schools.

Nothing new.

It was the same before Covid in that we would not issue Visas for students attending strictly online schools.

Nothing new.
Didn’t know that. So in essence nothing has changed. It’s the law. Good info.

What if you're country won't let you back in because they have banned folks from the disease infested USA?
Countries aren’t banning their own citizens. Good lord man, at least say something that sounds smart.

Was attending, or in the case of most here, skipping class their only function at University?

This should be the colleges', business' decision. On-line only for these functions needs to be a flexible decision in order to have least negative impact. Foreign investment, study abroad, research to product, these are sustaining revenues for universities.

For the single synapse conservi-clone crew here who have been whining for months about the shut-down and businesses not being able to make their own decisions, jumping on board without thinking because they love their ICE nuts, this decision effectively forces the Universities to have "in-person" classes, the opposite of what they're yee-hawing here. Now I've been all for that decision but mostly for the Universities to make that decision on their own.

Nothing new.

The issue is that there's zero flexibility in spite of changing conditions.

For schools like UT this pretty much forces their hand into going "in-person" to avoid getting financially dinged for losing the foreigners as well as losing those minds for their research programs. Going on-line part way through the semester I would think would be taken off the table as well. This largely takes the individual choice out of how to "reopen" and forces these institutions to jump on the all is well with the virus bandwagon.

So be it. If students are on campus they’d be doing all sorts of naughty things regardless. Might as well mix a little in person learning in since it is well, a college. Profs can mask up, sit behind a shield whatever they feel necessary to do. Otherwise colleges should go all in on Southern New Hampshire University and save parents and in debt students a bunch of cash.

What if you're country won't let you back in because they have banned folks from the disease infested USA?
Still less disease infested than the countries those kids would be going back to... mainly China and India. So F off with your anti American crap.

If every Trump supporter is a white nationalist then every supporter of the BLM movement is a Marxist.
I didn't generalize or stereotype all of his supporters. You said who gives a hoot, and i told you who, now what percentage they make up of his supporters who know's, but you don't appear to be one because you don't quite see the benefits of this move either.

I didn't generalize or stereotype all of his supporters. You said who gives a hoot, and i told you who, now what percentage they make up of his supporters who know's, but you don't appear to be one because you don't quite see the benefits of this move either.
No, it’s a dumb move. However, I don’t appreciate the constant tearing down of the country. The US is bigger than any individual, even the President. Calling it “disease infested” makes it seem like we’re a 3rd world country. I’m tired of these hyperbolic take downs being treated as fact.

Was attending, or in the case of most here, skipping class their only function at University?

This should be the colleges', business' decision. On-line only for these functions needs to be a flexible decision in order to have least negative impact. Foreign investment, study abroad, research to product, these are sustaining revenues for universities.

For the single synapse conservi-clone crew here who have been whining for months about the shut-down and businesses not being able to make their own decisions, jumping on board without thinking because they love their ICE nuts, this decision effectively forces the Universities to have "in-person" classes, the opposite of what they're yee-hawing here. Now I've been all for that decision but mostly for the Universities to make that decision on their own.
Their student visa is specifically for GOING to college.
If they aren’t GOING to college then what is their visa for again?

You slip conserviclone into every post, is that new Liberal speak? Really cool man...