Confirmed Covid Shutdowns- OHIO

We are just not equipped to handle this.

ICU capacity is at 16.6%, Hospital capacity is at 4.4%. I think we are quite equipped at this point. A much younger group is testing positive now and will require much less care.

LINK
1593139571973.png

Yes, riots will solve everything. Wow!

I would unfortunately say, as a coach, things are bigger than football. We are three weeks behind Texas and now they are closing daycares and restaurants for the first time....we don't need that here. We don't want that.

ICU capacity is at 16.6%, Hospital capacity is at 4.4%. I think we are quite equipped at this point. A much younger group is testing positive now and will require much less care.

LINK
View attachment 7990

I don't understand what people are trying to point out. More cases, more hospitalizations, we are rising, I don't want it, sounds terrible, but it's everything we said all along...except WAY earlier, we thought this would happen during the "Second Wave"....this is not the second wave, and it's not during flu season, there is reason people should be concerned not for health, but their freedom's and liberties taken away.

I'm seeing the numbers getting worse every day. We have/are shooting ourselves in the foot. This thing is spreading like wildfire and shows no signs of stopping. We are just not equipped to handle this. We have let our guard down and opened the wrong way. And now we will pay. The clock is ticking and time is running out. And schools still have NO idea what they are going to do. So how can football? Not a guess. Using something called common sense.
As of June 25th, when did they cancel football?

I don't understand what people are trying to point out. More cases, more hospitalizations, we are rising, I don't want it, sounds terrible, but it's everything we said all along...except WAY earlier, we thought this would happen during the "Second Wave"....this is not the second wave, and it's not during flu season, there is reason people should be concerned not for health, but their freedom's and liberties taken away.
More cases but I'm not seeing more Covid hospitalizations. Where do you see that?

There is sure to be high numbers of confirmed cases since we now can test up to like a half million people a day.

DeWine literally said it has nothing to do with more testing, and while we can, we aren't. Pretty sure a Republican wouldn't be saying that to you know, politically screw him and our president up.

Say whatever you want, the panic and concern is starting in Ohio, maybe it will go all away and disappear in a few weeks, but how, or why.

Spirit, what indication do you have with everything going on right now that things will get better, than worse every day right now, it's a simple question.

I have family in Canada. We are the laughing stock of the globe. Canada citizens are so happy their Prime Minister has shut the border. They do not want us in their country. And I don't blame them. Canada 280 cases today. US cases 37000. Today we also hit the highest cases as well as the most deaths in the US in 1 day. It was predicted if we opened too soon and or didn't open the right way. We failed at both.
Didn't we try to close the border back in February but that was considered "racist"?

If they are so worried about kids testing positive, then don't even bother opening. Everyone knows there are going to be some positive tests. Toughen up, it not that bad. My goodness are the higher ups soft

This is just my opinion but I think we're a lot closing to schools not opening at all than having a sports season. Schools must error on the side of caution

Kids and people will probably have more time to get in trouble, because they don't have the football fix

That would be up to the parents and not the school system. I'm assuming by this comment you're referring to "People" as adults since your statement lead by addressing kids...if they can't stay out of trouble without football then I think they should reevaluate their priorities

That would be up to the parents and not the school system. I'm assuming by this comment you're referring to "People" as adults since your statement lead by addressing kids...if they can't stay out of trouble without football then I think they should reevaluate their priorities
Yes I meant adults, in place of people. Understand your point, but you know that some kids, and adults will not take that path, that you posted

This is just my opinion but I think we're a lot closing to schools not opening at all than having a sports season. Schools must error on the side of caution
Until the testing is cut back, and the social distancing is lifted, nothing will really be able to work.

Until the testing is cut back, and the social distancing is lifted, nothing will really be able to work.

Do you want the testing to cut back so we can pretend there isn't a problem? I haven't had a cavity in 3 years mainly because I haven't gone to the dentist

Do you want the testing to cut back so we can pretend there isn't a problem? I haven't had a cavity in 3 years mainly because I haven't gone to the dentist
The problem is with mostly older people. Most of the younger people testing positive, either have no symptoms, or minor symptoms. Just like we have been seeing, 1 or 2 kids test positive, and they shut things down. They going to be doing that in the NFL too? People in general most likely carry viruses throughout the whole year, at different times. Nobody probably really knew it, because we have never tested people for flu, or whatever.

I have family in Canada. We are the laughing stock of the globe. Canada citizens are so happy their Prime Minister has shut the border. They do not want us in their country. And I don't blame them. Canada 280 cases today. US cases 37000. Today we also hit the highest cases as well as the most deaths in the US in 1 day. It was predicted if we opened too soon and or didn't open the right way. We failed at both. It's time to get on our knees and pray. We are a sinking ship.
Haha! Any Canadian calling us a laughing stock needs serious help. Family or not. They are welcome to protect their own butts and find better trade partners. You are talking about a country roughly as big or bigger than the US which is one tenth the population and has far less testing/universal healthcare which provides for much less comprehensive care or reporting.

DeWine literally said it has nothing to do with more testing, and while we can, we aren't. Pretty sure a Republican wouldn't be saying that to you know, politically screw him and our president up.

Say whatever you want, the panic and concern is starting in Ohio, maybe it will go all away and disappear in a few weeks, but how, or why.

Spirit, what indication do you have with everything going on right now that things will get better, than worse every day right now, it's a simple question.
There are more test sites now in Ohio than a month ago. There are more tests being done today than a month ago. Which tells us there are more test results today than a month ago.
As confirmed cases increase hospitalizations have been reduced and deaths are declining daily. This tells me a lot.

Last edited:
As far as title of the thread.
Boardman has stopped fall practices for Thursday and Friday due to covid concerns. Wasn't even an current student athlete that was positive. It was someone who attended a graduation party. According to WKBN.COM

I have family in Canada. We are the laughing stock of the globe. Canada citizens are so happy their Prime Minister has shut the border. They do not want us in their country. And I don't blame them. Canada 280 cases today. US cases 37000. Today we also hit the highest cases as well as the most deaths in the US in 1 day. It was predicted if we opened too soon and or didn't open the right way. We failed at both. It's time to get on our knees and pray. We are a sinking ship.
What is Canada's population compared to US? How many people do they test a day compared to US?

Canada has had a total of 102k current confirmed cases with over 65k recovered. How man have recovered in US?

I'm not sure how much is due to Restaurants opening up or with the protests (which people have a right to do) riots ( which is criminal) or looting (which is criminal). Are there any stats about how many people were infected by this.
Because many states opened up in April and the first of May and cases went down. But a few weeks after the protests, riots, and looting we are seeing a spike. I'm just curious if they keep stats on that.

If you the US has 10 times the number of cases as the CDC states; that equals about 25 million. About 70-80 percent needed for herd immunity. Which will come first,; vaccine or herd immunity?

Dear 270SC

Those are reported numbers. Negative people like you are terrible to be around. Stay safe and stay positive.

Last edited:
Feel free to make fun of Canada all you want. The point really was that they have shut the borders to the US because of the horrendous shape we are in as well as how pathetically we have handled this PANDEMIC. Yes I wrote PANDEMIC. And I don't blame them.
Honestly, its idiotic statements from other countries and people there about Americans that simply makes no sense when the US is their strong arm, source of income, and friend. Some people in these countries need a reality check as to what real healthcare is and what the US has done to provide them with PPP, vents, and all other items sorely needed because they just can't produce what was needed. Reality check in other countries. If you want to make fun, then don't come crying when we don't provide. Never bite the hand that feeds you. And I do blame them for being short sighted.

That said, again, apples to oranges as far as testing, healthcare capacity, and healthcare needs. If Canada could produce what we have (as well as the rest of the world), they would probably be shocked about the amount of virus they are around. But, it only takes a few short sighted people to not recognize the greater good they recieve from our country. Hopefully we keep Canadians out and choke off help that is needed by our own country if that is their outlook on life.

?
792163FA-EB39-4D3E-83F4-D944ADE1E5D8.jpeg

Ohio literally is not seeing any spike in cases, probably because they are not doing more testing. Texas and Florida, which are being grilled by the liberals, are testing more people per day than the rest of the country combined, hence the "surges" in those two states.